Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: BLM and Cure

Character
    Nawesemo
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    ahahaha... I reread that.. let me emphasis..

I'm saying that a blm shouldn't be putting himself in a position that he'd be getting pounded so hard that he'd "need" someone else to cure him.. but if... "if" .. he does (and we all do) ... yes cure his butt... but . don't make it a habit, and let em die from time to time to learn, .. ... becuase we all did, and if we didn't we still need to.. help the silly blm's become better blms.

or something like that...
    (0)

Character
    Bubeeky
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 92
    regardless of what kind of mage you are, if you have access to cure and someone needs a cure when the whm is busy, why wouldn't you help out? It's not a death sentence to toss out the occasional cure III or IV to save a life....
    (1)
    Love life, dare to dream, and LIVE ON PURPOSE!
    Also make sure to beat up any evil elvaans along the way, as we all know tarus are the ultimate race.

Character
    Zirael
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubeeky View Post
    regardless of what kind of mage you are, if you have access to cure and someone needs a cure when the whm is busy, why wouldn't you help out? It's not a death sentence to toss out the occasional cure III or IV to save a life....
    Not writing specifically at Bubeeky, but answering in general:

If I'm supposed to cure myself and nuke, I load SCH (or RDM) for either solos/parties. If I'm in event (well, used to, endgame for my BLM ended with abyssea) I crowd control, stun and nuke. In rare occasions, like us sucking at Tinnin, I resolved to paralyna etc and cure tanks to the point of taking hate, but I'd call it bad battle strategies and party setup. If I'm in party/alliance, I do BLM-y stuff and expect RDMs/WHMs/SCHs to do their healer-y stuff. If I'm forced to cure, this shows we are short on good healers. Do your primary job an let me do mine. If I have to do your job, you (or my BLM instead of RDM/WHM/SCH) are maybe a wasted party slot. I use stuns and sleepgas to save lives.

As for SMN, I consider them specific type of DDs (when a pet tank or hate free damage is needed) and buffers/debuffers (for specific situations). I consider BRDs buffers/debuffers (both for party and enemy). If either of these jobs' primary function potential comes unused to the point of them idling, either they should come as some other job or we're overkill for the event.
    (0)

Character
    Suljin
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    As a blm for years and a smn and a whm for a few years less, I'd say yes. If the blm has pulled hate the last thing he should be doing is curing himself and establishing more hate, at most he should be either stunning to allow time for another mage to cure and tanks to pull hate off, but that in itself is situational. Other than that, he should be trying to get ss/blink up while whatever current buffs are wearing off. The whm is probably too busy to help cure unless there is only 1 mob at which point things shouldn't be panicky and you really shouldn't be stressing out, so other mages should be helping the blm stay alive. Its like asking if a blm should be nuking or stunning as a mob runs up to a whm to hit it. Unless hes already mid cast, he should be stunning it to save the whm (of course this is assuming hes not in a stun rotation and fing that up)
    (0)

Character
    Sylvr
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    I'll cure myself on BLM if I have to, or if I feel that I'm too close to dead (Red or deep Orange), but if it keeps me from doing what I'm supposed to be doing, then someone is likely to hear about it.

I have WHM (I actually play it a lot more than I do BLM these days), so I know what it's like to have too many people to heal and not enough time. As such, if I die without any cures, but everyone who COULD have cured me is spamming for their life, then whatever. Shit happens. If I die and there is a potential healer just standing around doing nothing, then I'll fly off the handle (Spontaneous Retraces may be involved).
    (1)

Character
    Mystaticromance
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I will cure myself if I have to. I tend to be able to not need to. As for in parties/alliances, the WHM has enough DD's to worry about. If I'm stupid enough to pull hate and not use my job abilities then that's my fault. A large part of being able to play BLM is to understand how your tanks are holding hate and be able to cast accordingly. If there is a BLM that dies over and over again and complains about not getting cures, then I think that they need to understand how to play their job a bit better.
    (2)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3