Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Just went to the OP's bank's website (Wells Fargo), read the credit card terms they have there, and verified that the 3% fee is for foreign currencies, and should not be charged on US accounts that are charged in US dollars, regardless of where the charge came from.

The OP's bank screwed up and charged an illegitimate fee that the OP will have to yell at the bank about. Wells Fargo has been screwing people over since forever.

You can nerd rage all you want, but complaining to Square-Enix won't get Wells Fargo to take off the erroneous charge.
    (1)

The point isn't that they want SE to refund the fee, the point is that the fee was never charged under the old system due to the billing happening from within the US instead of from outside the country.
    (7)

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaun View Post
    The point isn't that they want SE to refund the fee, the point is that the fee was never charged under the old system due to the billing happening from within the US instead of from outside the country.
    YES!! SOMEONE ELSE GETS IT!!!!
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Fusionx
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    No other fees? When i go to sign up for click and buy its telling me its trying to charge $2.40 when i get to the verified by visa screen. What is this?
    (0)

They're "pinging" your account, and then you are supposed to confirm the amount sent. It's a round-a-bout way for them to do the same thing that MC SecureCode, Visa Verified by Visa, JCB Jsecure, and AMEX SafeKey do. Only with them you supply a password at the point of sale to streamline it (in some cases, a digicert on your PC may be used to stop the popup verifications).
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Leonstrife
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    Sorry if it wasn't clear because we didn't list every fee that is associated with a separate ClickandBuy E-Money account, but again to clarify, no fees will be charged beyond the subscription cost for customers using ClickandBuy to pay for their subscription.
    It is nice and reassuring and all that we don't have to pay Click&Buy, but you claim "no additional fees" yet there most certainly are additional fees for residents of Oceania. Most notably of which is Australia a continent that is in fact not part of Europe, but instead share a time zone with Square Enix's own base of operations Japan, which it seems is a point Square Enix needs clarified for them explicitly. Residents of Australia are indeed forced to pay additional fees over what they did in the old payment system, but it is not originating from Click&Buy but instead from Square Enix itself.

They are being forced to pay in Euro the currency of the member states of the European Union, of which Australia is not a part. This translates in layman's terms to an increased service charge, so much so in fact that more than one of my close friends will be forced to quit playing Final Fantasy Online because they likely can not afford this increase.

So after a little refresher on geography, I was wondering if Square Enix had any plans to make the system equitable to all of its customers rather than alienating some? Is it really to difficult to ask them for say 11.95 AUD or whatever equivalent rather than the Euro cost?
    (2)
    Last edited by Kit_Katz; 08-07-2011 at 10:54 AM.

Character
    Leonstrife
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    To elaborate on my previous statement for those unfamiliar with currency conversion.

Australia formerly was forced to pay in USD for their monthly fees. So from the beginning they were just tossed the game as an afterthought it seems and given a shoddy work around. Fortunately the USD and AUD convert relatively well and the base $11.95 USD comes to around $11.50 AUD. But they like we are now in the US, were forced to pay overseas exchange fees from the start meaning they had always paid a bit more than us but not enough to cause alarm.

Under the new system Australians are lumped in with Europe, and are forced a Euro charge. The Euro however does not convert to AUD well at all. Their normal service fee suddenly becomes 11.95 Euro + 4 mules. Not bad on the surface? Except that 11.95 Euro is $16.30 AUD.

So instead of paying what they should be paying with a base $11.95 AUD service fee, they have $4AUD added on to their bill. Compounding the problem is Square charges an additional Euro per character further skewing the conversion against them and in Square Enix's favor (which conveniently enough translates into more Yen than if they charged AU players their region's fair amount). All mules in total their once roughly $15 AUD monthly fee turns into just shy of $22 AUD per month per account, a significant $7 AUD price hike. This means the more mules you have, the more you are overcharged.

To shortchange a market like Oceania even if it is somewhat smaller than other regions is really beyond me. Is there some hidden law that disallows Square Enix from dealing with Countries of the region or handling Australian currency? I admit Australia is notorious for banning things frivolously, and has a field day attacking games in their media so much that many residents are forced to buy overseas products but I don't think this would factor in here. Regardless of the region's geographic size I have met many players from Australia and many are good friends. Friends who it seems I may no longer be able to play with.

So what's up Square, how does giving the Americas and Oceania the short end of the stick (Oceania's much shorter) solve the problems that were inherent in the original billing method?
    It seems more and more prevalent for Square Enix to take a wait and see approach on everything they do after tossing out a hastily conceived plan full of holes till they see how many of us fall through in the beta stage. Contrary to what the higher ups may have hoped we are in fact not Guinea Pigs but paying customers, I was under the impression that means something. But maybe I was wrong?

Maybe any silver lining to be found would be that our bills over here in the Americas just got higher too thanks to overseas processing fees, though unlike the issue faced by AU players who pay more straight into Square Enix's pockets, our brand new fees just go to our bank. So maybe I'll be joining my friends elsewhere and leaving this game behind for something better if these problems can't be fixed.
    (6)
    Last edited by Kit_Katz; 08-07-2011 at 03:18 PM.

Yeah...Australia mistakingly gets lumped in with EU for some stupid reason...maybe their post WW2 history is a bit screwy and they don't realize Austraila is it's own entity now. Unfortunately, until SE realize this, it means you get hit by the new policy as stated in the NA KB/FAQ:

http://support.na.square-enix.com/fa...527&id=20&la=1
    - The currency of fees (i.e. monthly subscription fee, World Transfer Service fee,fee for purchasing registration codes, etc.) will be based on the region for the Square Enix account
    (it's all the way at the bottom, easy to miss)

IDK just what their deal is with Australia...they just seem to be the red-headed step-child for SE. Not only are they not approving Crysta, they won't even put up a portal for them on their own merchandise site--they send you to AU based iKON, a third party, to order things:

http://www.square-enix-shop.com/au/fake-au.html
    (1)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4