Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by TrentWeskin View Post
    Lushipur is stating the fact that the hidden effects are already known.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Animator_%2B1

They are less than amazing is what he is saying.
    Please pay attention to what people are writing before you post.
    I think it's because I was paying attention that I got so lost in this discussion in the first place... I stand by my original position. /cheers ^.^
    (0)

Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfoley View Post
    Here is the issue, we know there hidden effects. The problem is they are known and are not that spectactular. In fact all the pups I know with this animator have never said anything other then "its nice if you have it, but its not required".

Perhaps you can say HOW or WHAT the difference in performance is? I dont notice anything. So maybe you can tell us what you think the hidden effects are or what you think its doing, because frankly we are all at a loss because we haven't noticed anything and you aren't telling us anything other then "zomg i spent weeks getting this dont make something better that i have to replace my hard work with".

Does your pet crit more, cast faster, overload less? I mean WHAT are you talking about?
    Your questions are valid... don't get me wrong... so let me suggest you re-equip your Turbo Animator and play around with your automaton for awhile. Then re-equip your Animator +1 and take your auto for a ride... you'll experience what I continue to tell you... there is a profound difference between the two. ^.^
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Loved these suggestions, alas I think they're hardly likely to happen =/
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by xiozen View Post
    Your questions are valid... don't get me wrong... so let me suggest you re-equip your Turbo Animator and play around with your automaton for awhile. Then re-equip your Animator +1 and take your auto for a ride... you'll experience what I continue to tell you... there is a profound difference between the two. ^.^

No offense but gonna say you are seeing things, 1 hr of each on in abyssea and noticed nothing other then the dex/hp/mp, so just come out and say what mystical thing you think you are seeing, cause I sure am not seeing crap
    (0)
    Last edited by Dfoley; 03-11-2011 at 11:57 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    Loved these suggestions, alas I think they're hardly likely to happen =/
    Yes but there is always some glimmer of hope that these suggestions will be implemented, although not as I have had them intended but in some other way.
    (0)

Character
    Lushipur
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    i suppose xiozen knows what tactical processor does too...but we have to ask the developer and not him...just lol

however, even if animator+1 have some other hidden effect, some new animator that power up a specific frame would be welcomed

actually we can do magian and get a pdt h2h for valoredge, a mac/mab h2h for spiritreaver and a few other dd h2h for sharpshot.

thung is, we lose the bonus on the master. a new animator will give us the possibility to double the bonus on the pet or have both master and pet a different bonus.
    (0)

Only the phoenix arises and does not descend. And everything changes. And nothing is truly lost.

Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Its my hope that, based on the suggestions posted thus far on this forum and the other FFXI's out there, that the pending pup-date will take these into account. I also hope that we're not already at the 13th hour of development at which point SE releases the update as is and then based on these suggestions, does a 180 to patch it... that's always a possibility; especially since were we already informed that "something was coming...". Something, I assume that has already been in the works for a bit now.

At best that's probably what we'll be looking at---a post-patch to a pup-date release with the possibility of adjusting the pup-date based on suggestions made after-the-fact.

Whatever works. XD
    (0)

Character
    Lushipur
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by xiozen View Post
    Its my hope that, based on the suggestions posted thus far on this forum and the other FFXI's out there, that the pending pup-date will take these into account. I also hope that we're not already at the 13th hour of development at which point SE releases the update as is and then based on these suggestions, does a 180 to patch it... that's always a possibility; especially since were we already informed that "something was coming...". Something, I assume that has already been in the works for a bit now.

At best that's probably what we'll be looking at---a post-patch to a pup-date release with the possibility of adjusting the pup-date based on suggestions made after-the-fact.

Whatever works. XD
    i think that too. what is done is done, maybe there is room for little adjustments.
    its impossible that based on this topic SE will start now to write the code for the upcoming patch.

what we are posting now is something for the future update
    and afterall this is a forum, some speculation is funny :P
    and if something we asked become reality its cool

ps: im still waiting to know what do you think animator+1 does :P
    (0)

Only the phoenix arises and does not descend. And everything changes. And nothing is truly lost.

Character
    Ramenuzumaki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by TrentWeskin View Post
    @ Ramenuzumaki

Your ideas regarding animators is somewhat interesting however, the fact that you would need to swap out animators each time you did a maneuver is a bit daunting. Also, the fact that you would need an animator for each element and would lose TP each time you did a maneuver isn't exactly ideal.
    The idea I purposed was more focused on the roles an automaton plays rather than the maneuvers used.
    So realistically with the idea I purposed, you would need only 5 Animators as opposed to having to carry 8.

Sentinel Animator -Valoredge (Tank Build)

Trivelino Animator - Harlequin (Melee DPS Build)

Eagle Eye Animator -Sharpshot (Ranged DPS Build)

Divine Animator – Soulsoother/StormWalker (Healing Build)

Grim Animator –Spirit Reaver/StormWalker (Magic DPS build)
    thats exactly how i had put it together. it isnt swapping the animator for each maneuver; its only making the MAIN maneuver you would use with said frame/head combination the only one that would have the extended duration so to not make it too over powered. If you're tanking with valouredge why would you need to pop a super awesome epic light ice or wind maneuver? All you need is the earth maneuver to help you tank, and pop a fire maneuver for WS which would then be consumed by flameholder. As for the other frames I dont even use the shock absorber on them, neither do i use earth maneuvers so swapping out to have a slight duration increase just doesnt seem nessisary.

@Yukichibi: We can use the Thew bomblet. I have the Thew Bomblet macroed in with Weapon Skills. You simply change the threw bomblet with your ws macro, then when you change back to your Animator/Oil combo you lose the 10% TP you got from performing the WS which isnt really that huge of a deal IMHO.
    (0)

Character
    Goins
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Combine the initial Animator and Turbo Animator with Animator+1 with the use of NPC to make an Animator +2 with Eagle Eye, Trivelino all the suggest for 95 level. All this Animator is eating up Storage space. Are making Eagle Eye, Trivelino key item quest. The quest can be a party of 6-18 Puppetmaster only to defeat HM Puppetmaster for a choice of three Animator +2 like Promathia ring. Sentinel and Trivelino animator can be combine and Divine and Grim Animator combine for +2 Animator at lvl 95. PPL have to have level 1 and turbo Animator to enter the fight. The Animator +1 will give you Eagle Eye and the other two feature as a bonus. PPL will try to get the +1 Animator then with the bonus.
    (0)
    Last edited by DrWho; 03-12-2011 at 01:04 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast