Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

Duration of Maneuvers & New Animators!

It would really be nice if maneuvers would last a bit longer. It might be just me but having to constantly maintain maneuvers, especially if they are the same maneuvers is getting a bit daunting.

Suggestion #1: Maneuvers

Increase the duration of Maneuvers.
    Duration Increase from 1:00 to 5:00.

Update 3/11/2011
    : I thought it was good to put on here.

Job Ability: Burden Reactor
    Recast: 5 minutes

Extends the duration of a maneuver to 5 minutes.
    While Burden Reactor is active, the selected maneuver will not be over written or subject to consumption via the following attachments:
    (Ice Maker, Flame Holder, Schurzen, Condenser, Economizer)

I understand that a major aspect of puppet master is maintaining your threshold and not overloading but it would be nice to put the focus elsewhere.

Suggestion #2": Magian Animator

Currently there are only 3 Animators in the game.

Animator: Level 1
    Turbo Animator : Level 40
    Animator +1 : Level 71

At least 50% of Puppet Masters are using the level 40 Turbo Animator, as the Animator +1 isn't exactly attainable without a descent group of dedicated people.

Listed below are some of my ideas regarding magian animators:
    Each Situation would have a new Animator. I have listed two as an example.
    Although it would be really awesome if they made these!.

Valoredge:

Level 85 (Sentinel Animator+1)
    Automaton: -5% Phys DMG taken,
    Enmity increased with each Manuever used
    Enhances effects of "Repair"

Level 90 (Sentinel Animator +2)
    Automaton: -7% Phys DMG taken,
    Enmity increased with each Maneuver used
    Enhances effects of "Repair"
    Hidden Effect: Ability to block incoming attacks with your shield.

Upon completion of trial you will get a new WS for your Automaton:

"Chivalrous Strike" 2 Hit critical WS. DMG Modifier: 50% Enmity 50% TP.
    Grants "Regen effect"
    **Earth Maneuver Trigger** No conflicting Maneuvers

Sharpshot:

Level 85 (Eagle Eye Animator+1)
    Automaton: Increased Ranged Attack Speed
    +10% Ranged Attack DMG
    -10% DMG

Level 90 (Eagle Eye Animator +2)
    Automaton: Increased Ranged Attack Speed
    +15% Ranged Attack DMG
    -15% DMG
    Hidden Effect: Grants "Snapshot Effect"

Upon Completion of the trial you will get a new WS for your Automaton:

"Artemis Shot"
    3 Hit WS .Chance of Critical Hit based on TP.
    Lowers Targets Attack.
    **Wind Maneuver Trigger** No conflicting Maneuvers

Harlequin:

Level 85 (Trivelino Animator +1)
    Automaton: Increased Melee Attack Speed
    +10% DMG
    +15% HP

Level 90 (Trivelino Animator +2)
    Automaton: Increased Melee Attack Speed
    +15% DMG
    +17% HP
    Hidden Effect: Grants "Counter Effect"

Upon Completion of the Trial you will get a new WS for your Automaton:

"Uppercut Lunge"
    4 hit WS. Chance of Critical hit based on Automaton's HP
    Additonal Effect: Subtle Blow
    **Fire Maneuver Trigger** No conflicting Maneuvers

Soulsoother/Stormwalker/Spirit Reaver:

Level 85 (Divine Animator +1)
    Automaton: Increased Healing Potency
    -10% Spell Recast time
    +10% MP

Level 90 (Divine Animator +2)
    Automaton: Increased Healing Potency
    -15% Spell Recast time
    +15%mp
    Hidden Effect: Grants "Refresh Effect"

Upon Completion of the Trial you will get a new Automaton WS:

"Quick Fix"
    single Hit WS that does no DMG. (WS is ranged and will work within 15 yalms of mob)
    Transfers the DMG that would be done into an instant Cure Spell.
    Priority is given to party member with lowest HP.
    **Light Maneuver Trigger** No conflicting Maneuvers

Spirit Reaver/StormWalker:

Level 85 (Grim Animator +1)
    Automaton: Increased Magic Accuracy
    -10% Spell Cast Time
    +10 Conserver MP

Level 90 (Grim Animator +2)
    Automaton: Increased Magic Accuracy
    -15% Spell Cast Time
    +15 Conserver MP
    Hidden Effect: Increased "Magic Attack Bonus"

Upon Completion of the Trial you will get a new Automaton WS:

"Entropy"
    Single hit ws that does no DMG. (WS is ranged and will work within 15 yalms of mob)
    Transfers the dmg that would be done toward your automaton's next spell.
    (Drain, Aspir will not consume the effect)
    **Ice Maneuver Trigger** No conflicting Maneuvers

I hope you guys liked my suggestions. I respect and appreciate any criticism given.
    However I do ask that you take the time to read my post and others before randomly giving an uninformed response.

Thank you guys!

Please feel free to write any suggestion you might have regarding this topic!.
    (3)
    Last edited by TrentWeskin; 03-12-2011 at 05:58 AM. Reason: Added more Magian Animators Ideas

Character
    Lushipur
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    new animator will be great. magian trial is cool if doesnt need some nm drop to compete for.

dont foget an animator for the whm automaton (cure potency) and for the blm (magic crit hit).
    (0)

Only the phoenix arises and does not descend. And everything changes. And nothing is truly lost.

Character
    Ramenuzumaki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

BBcode Error

i agree with a new magian animator, and i also agree with Lushipur's addition for the WHM and BLM frames. However, I do not agree with the maneuver extension. One of the main jobs of the master is to learn how to manage their burden, and keep from overloading their friend. This is something really important for all PUP to learn; especially new ones. With the introduction of abyssea overloading is near impossible in my experience. Even spamming 3 ice maneuvers doesnt overload me very often. Also include the three "Reduces Overload Pieces," and you're gold. However, perhaps if there is going to be an animator for each type of automaton have said animator only increase the duration of a specific maneuver. That way the chance of overload is still there.

Maybe something like this:
    Sentinel Animator+1: Earth Maneuver duration increased by 30 seconds.
    Sentinel Animator +2: Earth Maneuver duration increased by 60 seconds. [A total of 2 minutes. Not too bad ne?]

Eagle Eye Animator +1: Wind Maneuver duration increased by 30 seconds.
    Eagle Eye Animator +2: Wind Maneuver duration increased by 60 seconds.

Saintly Animator +1: Light Maneuver duration increased by 30 seconds.
    Saintly Animator +2: Light Maneuver duration increased by 60 seconds.

Ether Animator +1: Ice Maneuver duration increased by 30 seconds.
    Ether Animator +2: Ice Maneuver duration increased by 60 seconds.
    When used with Ice Maker, and Spiritreaver head Ice Maneuvers now have two charges rather than one giving them the ability of having the maneuvers having a higher chance of lasting the full 60 seconds.

Twilight Animator +1: Earth Maneuver duration increased by 45 seconds.
    Twilight Animator +2: Earth Maneuver duration increased by 90 seconds. Earth Maneuver potency is increased.
    Only usable with Legendary Head/Colossus A-100 Frame combination. Otherwise effects are annulled.
    (0)

Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I disagree with adding additional animators... I really do. The Animator +1 is so much more efficient than the Turbo Animator... I've noticed a significant difference in performance of my automaton when using the +1 over the Turbo... I believe if you guys want a new animator and you don't currently possess the +1 version... w/ the changes to all of the older content, acquiring this item may be easier with future updates.

As far as Magian... a "Magian" head or frame etc along the lines of what has been mentioned above would be cool... giving you the opportunity to "focus" on increasing the prowess of each automaton differently while boosting it's strengths and reducing it's weaknesses.

Nice names to represent the frames as well. "Sentinel, Eagle Eye, Saintly, Ether and Twilight" <--cheers.

Forgot to address the increased time on maneuvers--i think keeping it at 10s is acceptable as a previous poster stated. As a pup you have to learn how to balance your automaton.
    (0)
    Last edited by xiozen; 03-10-2011 at 10:39 PM.

Character
    Lushipur
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by xiozen View Post
    I disagree with adding additional animators... I really do. The Animator +1 is so much more efficient than the Turbo Animator... I've noticed a significant difference in performance of my automaton when using the +1 over the Turbo... I believe if you guys want a new animator and you don't currently possess the +1 version... w/ the changes to all of the older content, acquiring this item may be easier with future updates.
    i have animator+1 and still id love to see new kind of animator.
    having lots of h2h with automaton bonus is nice but id like to have a bonus for the master and a bonus for the automaton.
    having to melee in int+9 is not so cool XD
    (0)

Only the phoenix arises and does not descend. And everything changes. And nothing is truly lost.

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I disagree xiozen, there is really no noticeable difference with animator +1, and I would love to have new animators. Maybe not 1 per frame but at least a lvl 95 or 99 version, or even just magian versions.
    (0)

Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfoley View Post
    I disagree xiozen, there is really no noticeable difference with animator +1, and I would love to have new animators. Maybe not 1 per frame but at least a lvl 95 or 99 version, or even just magian versions.
    I just don't get it... I can't be the only person to have noticed an improvement over the Turbo Animator... honestly, if there's no noticeable difference, then just go back to using your Turbo... right? I mean everyone has an opinion, and I appreciate hearing others' take on the issue--but I can't help but wonder... is it easier to say you don't see something (such as an improvement to your automaton's overall performance by using a higher-quality item) primarily because you "want" the devs to make a new animator?... I too "would" love a new animator IF I felt it was necessary... as I previously mentioned... I don't think it's necessary.

If SE feels a new animator is needed because the current ones are just not performing as intended.... then so be it. However, as a pup (and I've been playing the job since its inception)....having had experience with all 3 animators, I can say... it's not the animator that's the issue... if you don't have a +1...get it. If you do and you still want a new animator, then perhaps the issue lies somewhere else. I'm just sayin'.
    (0)

Character
    Svens
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by xiozen View Post
    I just don't get it... I can't be the only person to have noticed an improvement over the Turbo Animator... honestly, if there's no noticeable difference, then just go back to using your Turbo... right? I mean everyone has an opinion, and I appreciate hearing others' take on the issue--but I can't help but wonder... is it easier to say you don't see something (such as an improvement to your automaton's overall performance by using a higher-quality item) primarily because you "want" the devs to make a new animator?... I too "would" love a new animator IF I felt it was necessary... as I previously mentioned... I don't think it's necessary.

If SE feels a new animator is needed because the current ones are just not performing as intended.... then so be it. However, as a pup (and I've been playing the job since its inception)....having had experience with all 3 animators, I can say... it's not the animator that's the issue... if you don't have a +1...get it. If you do and you still want a new animator, then perhaps the issue lies somewhere else. I'm just sayin'.
    Define what improvements you are seeing between turbo and +1 and provide the tests and data to prove it. Otherwise, the only difference between the two are an additional +2 Dex for the master and +HP/MP for the automaton. Thus, the only improvements you should see are +1% acc (if uncapped), +crit rate, and your automaton not dropping below the hp/mp threshold to cast drain/aspir as often.

As for the OP, I am in favor of increasing maneuver duration and at least one more new animator. Would not mind an animator +2 with blue box to complement WoE+2 and AF3+2.
    (0)
    Last edited by Svens; 03-10-2011 at 11:02 PM.

Character
    Yukichibi
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I am puppetmaster since the job release, and i agree that every pup need to know, to fell, the overload coming, you can only sense it with hours of ply, but maneuvers, are seriously too short in duration, if i melee i am half the time spamming maneuvers, so it delays my melee speed, 1 seconds for each maneuver.
    For the animators i think it's a great idea, but it needs to be put in ammo slot so we can change them without losing our TP. (and also we can use things like Thew Bomblet)
    (0)
    30/05/2004 PLD - PUP - COR - SCH

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Please no more magian, magain is not fun, it is painstackingly boring. I really dont want to have to do it 5 times or so. I would quit immediately if that happened.

If it was maybe 2 simple trials then fine, but if it was a full line , eek no way.
    (0)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast