Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Svens View Post
    Define what improvements you are seeing between turbo and +1 and provide the tests and data to prove it. Otherwise, the only difference between the two are an additional +2 Dex for the master and +HP/MP for the automaton. Thus, the only improvements you should see are +1% acc (if uncapped), +crit rate, and your automaton not dropping below the hp/mp threshold to cast drain/aspir as often.

As for the OP, I am in favor of increasing maneuver duration and at least one more new animator. Would not mind an animator +2 with blue box to complement WoE+2 and AF3+2.
    Consider everything I'm saying as my opinion, as such the need to provide tests and data to prove it is moot, since opinions do not require proof. If you don't believe me, then don't believe me. SE developed this game and the animators... if anyone can provide proof of the differences between the animators, I would recommend redirecting your request for proof, to them.

An animator +2 to enhance the animator +1, would be a very nice addition to the game and since having the Turbo Animator was not a requirement in order to obtain the Animator +1, to be consistent I'd suggest not making it a requirement to have a +1 ver in order to obtain a +2.
    (0)
    Last edited by xiozen; 03-11-2011 at 12:01 AM.

Player
    At the same time though, Having only 3 animators by the time were level 90 isn't really all that impressive.
    In regards to some comments regarding manuevers. My only suggestion was to have the duration increased. Something along the lines of this:

Job Ability: Burden Reactor
    Recast: 5 minutes
    Extends the duration of a maneuver to 5 minutes.
    While Burden Reactor is active, the selected maneuver will not be over written or subject to consumption via the following attachments:
    (Ice Maker, Flame Holder, Schurzen, Condenser, Economizer)

This would be great
    (0)

Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by TrentWeskin View Post
    At the same time though, Having only 3 animators by the time were level 90 isn't really all that impressive.
    In regards to some comments regarding manuevers. My only suggestion was to have the duration increased. Something along the lines of this:

Job Ability: Burden Reactor
    Recast: 5 minutes
    Extends the duration of a maneuver to 5 minutes.
    While Burden Reactor is active, the selected maneuver will not be over written or subject to consumption via the following attachments:
    (Ice Maker, Flame Holder, Schurzen, Condenser, Economizer)

This would be great
    I think this would be overpowered. Any abilities need to tie to something which cannot be abused... this would not be realistic with the way the game is currently set-up.
    (0)

Player
    How would this be overpowered exactly? You have 1 maneuver that will be 5 minutes and can't be over written.
    You still need to maintain the other two. It's not making the maneuver any stronger, just a longer duration.
    (0)

Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by TrentWeskin View Post
    How would this be overpowered exactly? You have 1 maneuver that will be 5 minutes and can't be over written.
    You still need to maintain the other two. It's not making the maneuver any stronger, just a longer duration.
    I stand corrected. I mis-read the ability to represent all 3 not just one... now I see it's "selected maneuver". Ok. I can definitely see the benefit. Good point.
    (0)

Character
    Lushipur
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by xiozen View Post
    Consider everything I'm saying as my opinion, as such the need to provide tests and data to prove it is moot, since opinions do not require proof. If you don't believe me, then don't believe me. SE developed this game and the animators... if anyone can provide proof of the differences between the animators, I would recommend redirecting your request for proof, to them.
    i still dont understand what are you talking about.

liv 1 animator give no bonus;
    liv 40 turbo animator give +2 dex...wiki say that may increase automaton response time but i never read of test and data to confirm this;
    liv 71 animator+1 give +4 dex and an amount of hp/mp based on frame;

thats all.
    (0)

Only the phoenix arises and does not descend. And everything changes. And nothing is truly lost.

Player
    @ Ramenuzumaki

Your ideas regarding animators is somewhat interesting however, the fact that you would need to swap out animators each time you did a maneuver is a bit daunting. Also, the fact that you would need an animator for each element and would lose TP each time you did a maneuver isn't exactly ideal.
    The idea I purposed was more focused on the roles an automaton plays rather than the maneuvers used.
    So realistically with the idea I purposed, you would need only 5 Animators as opposed to having to carry 8.

Sentinel Animator -Valoredge (Tank Build)

Trivelino Animator - Harlequin (Melee DPS Build)

Eagle Eye Animator -Sharpshot (Ranged DPS Build)

Divine Animator – Soulsoother/StormWalker (Healing Build)

Grim Animator –Spirit Reaver/StormWalker (Magic DPS build)
    (0)
    Last edited by TrentWeskin; 03-11-2011 at 03:37 AM.

Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lushipur View Post
    i still dont understand what are you talking about.

liv 1 animator give no bonus;
    liv 40 turbo animator give +2 dex...wiki say that may increase automaton response time but i never read of test and data to confirm this;
    liv 71 animator+1 give +4 dex and an amount of hp/mp based on frame;

thats all.
    You've made it pretty obvious you don't know what I'm talking about. I repeat my earlier suggestion---redirect your inquiry to the SE Devs... I'm sure they'll shed some light on the animator +1 for you and it's functions. But consider this... SE has pointed out in the past that many items have "hidden" functions... I'm not sure if you are aware of this. From my personal experience with this particular item, I'm fairly positive, it too, has a hidden function(s)... but again, it's my opinion. I'm just thankful to have it.

Cheers X_X
    (0)

Player
    You've made it pretty obvious you don't know what I'm talking about. I repeat my earlier suggestion---redirect your inquiry to the SE Devs... I'm sure they'll shed some light on the animator +1 for you and it's functions. But consider this... SE has pointed out in the past that many items have "hidden" functions... I'm not sure if you are aware of this. From my personal experience with this particular item, I'm fairly positive, it too, has a hidden function(s)... but again, it's my opinion. I'm just thankful to have it.

Cheers X_X
    Lushipur is stating the fact that the hidden effects are already known.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Animator_%2B1

They are less than amazing is what he is saying.
    Please pay attention to what people are writing before you post.
    (0)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    The Animator +1 is so much more efficient than the Turbo Animator... I've noticed a significant difference in performance of my automaton when using the +1 over the Turbo...
    Here is the issue, we know there hidden effects. The problem is they are known and are not that spectactular. In fact all the pups I know with this animator have never said anything other then "its nice if you have it, but its not required".

Perhaps you can say HOW or WHAT the difference in performance is? I dont notice anything. So maybe you can tell us what you think the hidden effects are or what you think its doing, because frankly we are all at a loss because we haven't noticed anything and you aren't telling us anything other then "zomg i spent weeks getting this dont make something better that i have to replace my hard work with".

Does your pet crit more, cast faster, overload less? I mean WHAT are you talking about?
    (0)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast