(0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by mistmonster View Post
    The transfer date has been extended so those of us that didn't transfer don't have to worry about it this month? I read it twice, but I'm not awake yet
    Great, so I pay 50% more than everyone else for several months instead of one \o/ I wanna transfer back...
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Madjam
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Niyariko View Post
    Does this mean we won!?.. I might continue to play ffxi yea, and now might give ffxiv another look
    and hope direct CC payment option is in by mid fall.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...78/detail.html[...]
    Yasu Kurosawa
    FINAL FANTASY XI North American Online Producer
    We didn't win anything since it wasn't in SE's plans to lose the NA market...

And now is a good time to start making practical suggestions on payment to SE.

Now is time to think about a solution and not to complain about an issue.

N.B.: Read the "Easier Payment Options (08/23/2011)" from PlayOnline Viewer since the very same article on Playonline's website is incomplte.
    (0)
    'Til the End of Vana'diel
    I'll Be There

While this is good news... what happens now? Crysta is still involved, so what about those gamers in countries where Crysta still isn't legally accepted as a viable payment option? This announcement hasn't addressed that fact at all... and while SE doesn't want to lose the NA market, what about the rest of the world?

Also... does this mean that those who haven't changed payment option yet (who are still in direct payment mode), their accounts will be locked at the end of the month or what? I'm aware that SE has desires to get rid of POL... but honestly, how can they do that? POL is integral to playing FFXI and to get rid of it, would mean a complete recoding of the game... which I don't think is a viable option for a ten year old game.
    (0)

Look at the positive side guys, you all have a reprieve. I am assuming that your current method of payment changed or otherwise will be fine.

It took almost a month to get an actual response directly from SE, give them a chance to implement the proposed changes and go from there.

Congratulations and a hearty thank you to everyone, regardless of opinion, who took the time to make and keep this thread visible. Good job.
    (3)
    Proud to be "Old School" and to have completed CoP pre-nerf

Character
    Nkai
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    WHA HOOOOOOO

=D
    (0)

Character
    Taifun
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 56
    They still said nothing for EU and other countries so while i'm happy for those of you who will be seeing changes, the rest of the world is still going to have issues regarding the payment options.
    It would be nice if before rejoycing we would get some help in having our voices heard too.
    Thanks in advance.
    (1)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

><)))°3

Quote Originally Posted by Eroniris View Post
    They still said nothing for EU and other countries so while i'm happy for those of you who will be seeing changes, the rest of the world is still going to have issues regarding the payment options.
    It would be nice if before rejoycing we would get some help in having our voices heard too.
    Thanks in advance.
    I would assume the person/people responsible of updating the EU-site simply has not been able to do so yet (time-zone differences et cetera).

Obviously it is entirely possible the announcement only refers to the NA-customers, but I'd still like to assume it will be aimed to everyone of us. Even if not, sooner or later it should.

From the start, whole this time I was quite certain they will do something like this, I did not really have doubts about that, it was more like why it was not done in the first place.

That said, I would like to offer my thank yous as well to the people making these decisions, and wish the best of luck in solving the remaining issues such as customers with mixed regions of account and current location, and the fact that most if not all the options for payment are not available at certain parts of the world.

I know it's far from simple, and likely wont be easy, but I'm sure you can do it!
    Thank you for listening, and your continued efforts in providing a service to the best quality you can.

ほんとにありがとうございます!
    がんばれよ~

Kind Regards,
    Dragoy (of Fenrir)
    The Noob Unlimited

Edit:

Okay, now they've had the time to update the EU-site, but still nothing about this (disregarding twitter). However, I just did check what payment methods are offered now, and there would seem to be more now indeed, as they did state (for purchasing Crysta).
    (1)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 08-25-2011 at 02:26 PM.
    ...or so the legend says.

EU POL site finally posting (8/25) the same changes are coming:

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...92/detail.html
    We wish to thank all our players for the support they have shown towards FINAL FANTASY XI.

We have taken your valuable feedback on board and, as a result, we are working hard in tandem with our US team to address any issues you may have encountered with the new billing system. To ensure that a number of significant improvements can be introduced, we have decided to extend the period to transfer accounts in order to benefit our customers in Europe as well as players in other countries.

- New credit card payment options for Crysta [Available Now]
    - The option to specify exactly how much Crysta you want to buy [Early Autumn]
    - New recurring payment credit card options [Mid Autumn]

We will continue to investigate other viable billing options suited to Europe and other countries and endeavour to keep you informed. We remain committed to providing our players with a FINAL FANTASY XI experience that is as rich, fun and exhilarating as possible.

Once again, we sincerely appreciate all of your ongoing support and hope you continue to have many more exciting adventures in the world of Vana'diel!

FINAL FANTASY XI Online Team – Europe
    (2)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

><)))'°x

Indeed.

Well, I just transferred my other account as well a day or two ago, and now paying around 8-10€ more per month via UltimatePay via PayPal via PlaySpan, purchasing Crysta without any extra costs.
    That's roughly 100€ ($144) per year. I used to be able to pay in USD for whatever reason so that's the reason it went up for me.

Not sure if I will be paying for long anymore anyways due to various reasons, nevertheless, I am glad to see they are indeed doing something about all this all around.
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Page 111 of 113 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 LastLast