Page 76 of 113 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackastheripper View Post
    You should all just come play rift. I did. No billing problems here! (sorry I couldn't help myself ROFL!)
    I had quit FFXI a long time ago, I started playing rift and then I quit to play FFXI instead.
    (2)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Misi View Post
    (posting this here too since maybe others ran into this problem)

Yeah, this is confusing. I've had my click and buy registered since 2010 and had all ready added Square Enix Account Management System, card verified, the works. it's listed in the easy collect section AND did the walk through by SE before the first of this month and got emails that verify the transfer on july 27th but I still have not been billed yet. What gives? Even on my bank statements it isn't listed as a pending or completed transaction. If it were the old method I would have been billed on the 1st of this month no problem.

anyone else have this problem/fixed it?
    When I look at my C&B account, it says this month's fee has been taken off my card and transferred to SE. But when I look at my bank statement, there is nothing that's been paid to C&B. Really confused.
    (0)

3. 08-04-2011 04:52 AM
    Reason
    Failed maths.

Character
    Ceokitty
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamoa View Post
    But when I look at my bank statement, there is nothing that's been paid to C&B. Really confused.
    Keep in mind that your bank may be a few days behind on updating your card transations. I just now got this months billing via direct billing posted by my bank.
    (0)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ceown View Post
    Keep in mind that your bank may be a few days behind on updating your card transations. I just now got this months billing via direct billing posted by my bank.
    They're not though. When I verified my card on C&B they charged me 2 small but different amounts. Showed up on my bank statement immediately. I don't use my Visa that much but any transactions always show up within 20 minutes at the most.
    (0)

Player
    Obviously the nuances of the issue have been largely beaten to death in the thread, and suffice it to say I agree with the overwhelmingly negative majority. Just felt the need to add my name to the list of those who will likely be letting their characters expire if SE does not present a new billing system by the end of August.

It's just a matter of principle. You don't take an existing product and radically alter its billing procedure. Particularly when Japanese players are still given the old system. This feels like going to the gas station one day and seeing a sign saying "We're sorry, we no longer accept credit cards (unless you're a resident of California). You must pay either via cash or debit card ONLY. Both options may be done only within the store, and we will need to see your license, registration, and proof of insurance as well."

Then again, I guess if such a change were to happen, people would bike and walk a lot more than they do. Perhaps there's a silver lining for those of us forced out of FFXI as well.
    (1)

Character
    Misi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    When I look at my C&B account, it says this month's fee has been taken off my card and transferred to SE. But when I look at my bank statement, there is nothing that's been paid to C&B. Really confused.
    I logged into click and buy, and they didn't take anything yet. I've made transactions with them before (for crysta in the past) and never had a problem, but they have not taken anything yet for this month. I didn't get payment denied like some people have gotten via email or anything. I made this change before the first and I am logged onto XI right now, so I don't know if that means it's fine or not. you'd think if it wasn't it would have locked out on the 1st.
    (0)
    Last edited by Misi; 08-04-2011 at 05:41 AM.

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Just finished reading this 75 page behemoth of a thread. Can't really say much that hasn't been said before, but seeing as I can't log on anymore, I'll use this time and space to quote some parts that stood out in my two-hour long journey through this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivik View Post
    SE must be taking "How to lose customers 101"
    I'm pretty sure they can teach it by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    I don't know if they realize what a huge part of the population (and a huge part of their pure profit) people like waffles are. They essentially pay for a service that they don't use, and they'd keep paying for it if it wasn't for SE basically canceling their accounts for them.
    This. The amount they'll lose just from those passive players who can't be bothered to deal with this (expensive) update is massive. The earthquake losses will pale in comparison. Go figure, SE does more damage to itself than a natural catastrophe.

Quote Originally Posted by Creelo View Post
    Honestly, the REAL funny thing about all of this is that a TON of people that play FFXI don't even read these forums (or any FFXI-related forums for that matter). I'm sure these players aren't even thinking about transferring/registering their accounts atm.
    Lucky them. I did, and I regret it. As of now, I can't play FFXI anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    So I want to tell people, if you do the transfer now, it very much seems like you have to start with one of the new payment methods come august. In just a few days. So if you're trying to hold on, DO NOT do anything regarding the transfer until after the august billing cycle.
    You stop reading forums for a few days and miss something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by InsideOut View Post
    FACK YOU ClickandBuy!
    FACK YOU UltimatePay!
    YOU'RE COOL Playonline!
    FACK YOU SQUARE-ENIX!

I'm out!
    Just found it ironic how many people praise POL after this, considering what kind of reputation it had before today. This is coming from people who experienced that there is, in fact, a lot worse than what we had before. And considering what we had before, it shows just how bad these "upgrades" actually are.

Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    So at the end of this billing cycle I guess both my accounts will be discontinued. It sucks, but concidering I'm usually the kind of person who just turns a blind eye to the retardedness and will pay a little extra just to keep going, and that even I can't be bothered with this shit, I'm figuring a lot of people will stop playing FFXI over this. Maybe if a lot of people feel and do the same, it wont take long (maybe a month or 2) for SE to realise they have no option but to add another method of payment.
    Just sad to observe the effect this had on everyone. Even people I didn't expect it from (including myself). Even if I actually could fix it somehow and get back online again, I'm the kind of guy who puts up with insanity up to a certain point. This point, I'm afraid, has passed. And after that, I turn into a rebel and hope to sabotage whatever is wrong. Right now, I'd love for SE to go bankrupt and sit on the curb in front of their HQ are asking themselves what went wrong just to realize how much they've fucked up and that they should have listened to literally everyone and for once not assume that they know best, because they don't. Time and again they've proven that they know nothing, and the amount of mistakes they made just in the last year is mind-boggling, mistakes that no other company can match, not even any other individual that I'm aware of. I seriously don't know how they can come up with so many bad ideas. It's like they have an internal bet to see how much damage they can do before people start picking up on the fact that they're just a trolling company.

I know this is not a very productive emotional stage I'm in, but it will pass. Right now I'm just pissed off. As if it wasn't bad enough that now I (would) have to pay 17 Euros monthly instead of 13, but they won't even let me pay the 17 Euros at all. Talk about business strategies.

Quote Originally Posted by RAIST View Post
    they don't have to go back on the POL system. They can use the same shell they are using for the JP payments, just put in the framework for the processors in the other regions. These apps pass xml code across a secured connection, so a large part of the environment is portable across multiple processors with minimal effort once you have the core design in place--which they already have done for the JP region. And yes, I do know a little something about this process as I managed the networking setup for this stuff for 4 years, and even took over the support desk for the divison my last year with that software firm.

They HAVE an established framework for implementation as evidenced by the JP options in the transfer.
    They HAVE the established processors as evidenced by their merchandise site, supporting the JP clients, and previous POL.
    They already have knowledfge of and met the checklists and can support the protocols for using 3DS, VbV and JSecure, as evidenced by them doing it with POL in the past, currently, and prepared to continue supporting it for the JP clients.

So... what's missing in the equation? They just have chosen NOT to extend it outside of the JP region.
    Quoted for great justice. Wanted to quote all other RAIST-certified posts as well, but would have been too much work.

Quote Originally Posted by Meyi View Post
    Dear SE,

We love your game. We hate your business. Please fix this.

Sincerely,
    Your Loyal Fans
    Quoted for saying it how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Arioche View Post
    Square is like one of those annoying vending machines that keeps spitting out your dollar. All you want is that damn bag of chips...
    Quoted for sad truth.
    (3)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Misi View Post
    I logged into click and buy, and they didn't take anything yet. I've made transactions with them before (for crysta in the past) and never had a problem, but they have not taken anything yet for this month. I didn't get payment denied like some people have gotten via email or anything. I made this change before the first and I am logged onto XI right now, so I don't know if that means it's fine or not. you'd think if it wasn't it would have locked out on the 1st.
    I also made the change before the 1st of this month. Idk, seems to be such a mess across the board, and every day I log on now, I'm half expecting to find myself unable to because something regarding payment has gone wrong.
    (0)

Character
    Misi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I also made the change before the 1st of this month. Idk, seems to be such a mess across the board, and every day I log on now, I'm half expecting to find myself unable to because something regarding payment has gone wrong.
    ugh. so much anxiety over something as silly as a game payment. I hope all this gets resolved soon. thanks for your input though, I appreciate it.
    (0)

Character
    Twille
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I'm one of the individuals who will be allowing their account to 'expire' come the end of August. Everything about these new payment options seems off to me. I had a friend attempt to set up his new payment, only to have his bank deny it because it was "high risk". If that's the kind of company SE expects me to siphon my money through, you can forget it.
    My RL friends and I have really enjoyed playing FFXI together over the years, we've had a lot of ridiculous adventures, a lot of laughs. I suppose we'll find something else soon enough.
    Assuming SE ever gets this resolved, we'd love to come back!
    (0)

Page 76 of 113 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 ... LastLast