Page 24 of 56 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast
    Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    At least when Summoners get their third update, it won't be another class with seven players per server is getting a third update because its users are upset about not being overpowered anymore.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Korpg View Post
    When you prove you are an expert, I'll start treating you like one. But you continue to act like a noob, so I'll keep treating you like one.

SMN doesn't debuff, they shouldn't pick a BP because it has an added effect to it. When you realize that, you will do a lot better as a SMN. Rock Throw isn't better than Geocrush.
    Don't worry, you aren't the first bad player to call me a noob because you aren't capable of following my way of thinking.

If you ever want to try and reach my level, just go into everything with an open mind. (Up to yourself if you want to read that as an invite to noobness or expertise)
    (0)

Character
    Tedra
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    When you prove you are an expert, I'll start treating you like one. But you continue to act like a noob, so I'll keep treating you like one.

SMN doesn't debuff, they shouldn't pick a BP because it has an added effect to it. When you realize that, you will do a lot better as a SMN. Rock Throw isn't better than Geocrush.
    If it works for him so be it. At some point you folks will have to agree to disagree. Meanwhile can we get back to discussion the smn job vision?
    (0)
    Last edited by Neonii; 08-16-2011 at 08:56 AM.

Character
    Razushu
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Neonii View Post
    If it works for him so be it. At some point you folks will have to agree to disagree. Meanwhile can we get back to discussion the smn job vision?
    God I hope so lol, the reps posted a few replies in other threads recently so maybe we'll see some more info soon.
    (0)

Summoner [suhm-uhn-er]

1. Mystics who conjure avatars to fight by their sides, then sit back and enjoy the show while paying close attention to their MP as their minions deliver devastating blows to adversaries and provide aid to allies.
    2. Not a melee

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamasala View Post
    Don't worry, you aren't the first bad player to call me a noob because you aren't capable of following my way of thinking.

If you ever want to try and reach my level, just go into everything with an open mind. (Up to yourself if you want to read that as an invite to noobness or expertise)
    Malamasala: "MY WAY IS BETTER THAN YOURS"
    Korpg: "MY WAY IS THE CORRECT WAY AND HERE IS WHY"
    Dallas: "I THINK THAT I'M JUST AWESOME"
    Malamasala: "MY WAY IS BETTER THAN YOURS"
    Korpg: "MY WAY IS THE CORRECT WAY AND HERE IS WHY"
    Dallas: "I THINK THAT I'M JUST AWESOME"
    Etc.
    Etc.
    Etc.
    is the brunt of this thread, and every SMN thread. Occasionally people will chime in to tell Dallas how stupid he is, and Raz will definitely be involved in the discussion. When it comes to SMN, there is no other topic.
    (1)
    Last edited by Leonlionheart; 08-17-2011 at 04:30 AM.

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    Leon, you forgot something to my quotes.

"MY WAY IS THE CORRECT WAY AND HERE IS WHY."

I always provide proof when I state something, unless it is common knowledge, then no proof is needed.
    (0)

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamasala View Post

When I need a WHM, I'll invite a WHM, not a SMN. When I need a melee, I'll invite a melee, not a SMN. When I need a kiter, I'll invite a SMN, not a WHM or DD. It is a simple as that.

Why invite a SMN to do a WHM's job when a WHM can do the job better?
    Why invite a SMN to do a melee's job when a melee can do the job a whole hell of a lot better?
    Why invite a WHM or melee to kite when a SMN (should) do the job better? Although some THFs and RDMs can kite pretty well, some mistakes can be made or the area to kite is too small for a person to kite effectively except for a SMN.

Besides, you aren't showing your "expertise" when all you do is complain how spirits are worthless and should be upgraded to avatar level. Most people would think that is being noobish. Expertise is not in the eye of the beholder, it is in the eyes of society.
    (0)

Character
    Mortificator
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Korpg i see you on these forum especially since i am a summoner. I do agree at some points you have a valid view on things but i do not see you as a great summoner and hear the opposite of your self impression from more people then i can count on Asura.

I don't mean to pick on you but your views on summoner are very narrow and lack more then i can begin to mention, you go on about solo'ing NM's, it isn't that hard to solo anything as summoner. What you and other lack is imagination. Summoner is a job the no way to write a how to manual on, It is up to the player to learn how to play it and for every player that way is different. So you saying that you way is right in any shape or form shows the lack of experience you have with online games.

Summoners do get a bad hand when i comes to updates but that is what makes us stronger and better, we have to work with what we got and we always pull through with no problems. Yes it would be nice to even out all of the avatars so not everyone is running around with garuda (in my opinion she's overused and everyone thinks she the be all end all) but in respect to the other avatars they get effects on their attacks at times that can play a huge way in your favor.

Go ahead and rip on me all you want, i'm not here to prove to anyone nor do i care what others say about my view.

Summoner is the job that is limited by the players imagination.
    (0)

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondplanet View Post
    Korpg i see you on these forum especially since i am a summoner. I do agree at some points you have a valid view on things but i do not see you as a great summoner and hear the opposite of your self impression from more people then i can count on Asura.
    Out of all those people who think negatively about me, how many of them actually see me play? How many of them base their opinion of me from a forum or from second-hand information? You see the difference?
    I don't mean to pick on you but your views on summoner are very narrow and lack more then i can begin to mention, you go on about solo'ing NM's, it isn't that hard to solo anything as summoner. What you and other lack is imagination. Summoner is a job the no way to write a how to manual on, It is up to the player to learn how to play it and for every player that way is different. So you saying that you way is right in any shape or form shows the lack of experience you have with online games.
    You might have a point if we could have picked one job and forever be that one job for our gaming lives. However, since it is so easy to level on this game now, people can have many different jobs to suit many different types of fights. SMN is not a job that excels at one "main" role, but is a job that excels at a sub role. Why should anyone come as SMN if they are not needed to come as a SMN? For the few people who stick with one job for the rest of their lives, it sucks for them to find a role when that role is filled up, they should adapt instead of staying monochrome in life.
    Summoners do get a bad hand when i comes to updates but that is what makes us stronger and better, we have to work with what we got and we always pull through with no problems. Yes it would be nice to even out all of the avatars so not everyone is running around with garuda (in my opinion she's overused and everyone thinks she the be all end all) but in respect to the other avatars they get effects on their attacks at times that can play a huge way in your favor.
    That is what separates the people who don't know anything about SMN and those who excel at it. I don't use Garuda exclusively, I don't have any one avatar I use exclusively. I pick my avatar based on the type of fight I'm doing and the type of damage I need to do, not because one looks better than another or one set of moves does great damage on something else.
    Go ahead and rip on me all you want, i'm not here to prove to anyone nor do i care what others say about my view.

Summoner is the job that is limited by the players imagination.
    Very true.
    (0)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Leon, you forgot something to my quotes.

"MY WAY IS THE CORRECT WAY AND HERE IS WHY."

I always provide proof when I state something, unless it is common knowledge, then no proof is needed.
    K edited. . _ .
    (0)

Page 24 of 56 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast