Page 12 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
    I like the idea of adding En-element/Spikes as long as it is an inherent part of the avatar and not dependent on using a JA. The idea of avatars absorbing like elements (Titan absorbing Stone magic, for example) would also be great, even better if this were an aura effect for fellow party members.

I'm still a bit leery of this new ability to shorten BP timers, but Camate's description sounds like the developers are going in a reasonable direction. I'm also glad that they are looking into addressing the issue of Summoners not having access to every Staff weapon skill. There really isn't much logic to White Mages having exclusive native access to Cataclysm when Staff isn't even their best Weapon (Same issue could also apply to Hexa Strike, but that's a WHM-PLD issue).
    (0)
    Hayward: Cerberus-San d'Oria

5/5 +1: Cirque [4/5], Tantra [4/5], Ferine [4/5], Estoqueur's [1/5], Sylvan, Navarch's [1/5], Savant's, Orison [1/5], Charis [2/5]

5/5 +2: Creed, Caller's, Unkai, Iga, Raider's, Lancer's, Mavi, Ravager's, Goetia, Bale, Aoidos'

Quote Originally Posted by Korpg View Post
    What they really need to add is the ability to absorb the elements cast on them. I mean, if easy NMs have that ability, why can't avatars? You wouldn't have Leviathan fight a mob who absorbs water magic, is super weak against thunder magic, but casts only water magic if Thunderstorm would always do more damage than Spinning Dive. More consistent damage too.
    Sounds interesting, I think they won't do it by the sound of the amount of work involved maybe?
    (0)

Hail to the king baby, Sig by Kingfury

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    Sounds interesting, I think they won't do it by the sound of the amount of work involved maybe?
    Probably not, but you never know.
    (0)

Character
    Tarage
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Reposting this here in hopes that it is seen by the development staff or their liaisons.

Let me state again the three fixes I would like to see implemented in pet AI and why I feel they are important.

1. Avatars should not auto-attack sleeping, bound, or petrified mobs. Yes, I know this is a modification on what I first said, but it's the same concept. In hectic situations it is very hard to keep off the top of the hate list, and sometimes we need to be able to have our avatars not attack things. Please do not get rid of auto-attack all together, just fix it so that it doesn't happen on sleeping, bound, and petrified mobs.

2. Please extend the radius for being able to use the assault command. No, I do not mean being able to assault from further distances away from mobs, I mean that if my avatar is 30 yalms away from me, and I tell it to attack something, I want it to attack something, not ignore my command and come to me. Having your avatar not attack a mob and at the same time having the cooldown timer not reset is very annoying and can be deadly.

3. We were very grateful when you fixed the issue where if a mob was too far away from a bloodpact, the bloodpact timer was reset. Please apply this same fix to when a mob dies before a bloodpact goes off. It's very annoying to do an attack, or even worse a ward, and have the mob die and the avatar just stand there as if nothing happened, still stuck in the 'preparing' animation. This applies to puppets, wyvern, and beastmaster pets.

I know there has been a lot of confusion surrounding the debate of these three issues, specifically the first, but there is a clear consensus that people would like this fixed. Please look into it.

And my fellow forum posters, if you like these ideas, please show your support for them. Or, if you think they can be improved, please offer improvements. Thank you.
    (0)

Character
    Razushu
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    Reposting this here in hopes that it is seen by the development staff or their liaisons.

Let me state again the three fixes I would like to see implemented in pet AI and why I feel they are important.

1. Avatars should not auto-attack sleeping, bound, or petrified mobs. Yes, I know this is a modification on what I first said, but it's the same concept. In hectic situations it is very hard to keep off the top of the hate list, and sometimes we need to be able to have our avatars not attack things. Please do not get rid of auto-attack all together, just fix it so that it doesn't happen on sleeping, bound, and petrified mobs.

2. Please extend the radius for being able to use the assault command. No, I do not mean being able to assault from further distances away from mobs, I mean that if my avatar is 30 yalms away from me, and I tell it to attack something, I want it to attack something, not ignore my command and come to me. Having your avatar not attack a mob and at the same time having the cooldown timer not reset is very annoying and can be deadly.

3. We were very grateful when you fixed the issue where if a mob was too far away from a bloodpact, the bloodpact timer was reset. Please apply this same fix to when a mob dies before a bloodpact goes off. It's very annoying to do an attack, or even worse a ward, and have the mob die and the avatar just stand there as if nothing happened, still stuck in the 'preparing' animation. This applies to puppets, wyvern, and beastmaster pets.

I know there has been a lot of confusion surrounding the debate of these three issues, specifically the first, but there is a clear consensus that people would like this fixed. Please look into it.

And my fellow forum posters, if you like these ideas, please show your support for them. Or, if you think they can be improved, please offer improvements. Thank you.
    OK this has been posted in two forums, we know the arguments for and against. So theres no need to continue this debate, SE will have read your requests and peoples argument against them. Aside from 3. none of these are "needed", but they would be nice, and your position has been well presented. Let's please move on with other topics before, this thread gets bogged down in cyclical debate.

I've been thinking would it be posible to give Avatars sub jobs, Like if they counted all Avatar melee attacks as H2H(I know Ramuh has a staff, but meh why not), could they make our Avatars BLM/MNK? What do others think of this, and would it be hard to implement?
    (0)

Summoner [suhm-uhn-er]

1. Mystics who conjure avatars to fight by their sides, then sit back and enjoy the show while paying close attention to their MP as their minions deliver devastating blows to adversaries and provide aid to allies.
    2. Not a melee

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    Quote Originally Posted by Razushu View Post
    OK this has been posted in two forums, we know the arguments for and against. So theres no need to continue this debate, SE will have read your requests and peoples argument against them. Aside from 3. none of these are "needed", but they would be nice, and your position has been well presented. Let's please move on with other topics before, this thread gets bogged down in cyclical debate.
    Actually, he has posted his "problem" in 5 different threads, in hopes of gimping SMNs everywhere.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    More like work wasted, since the original avatars absorb magic, but our pets were gimped by changing the code to not absorb damage. If they returned our avatars to normal, they'd just have done double work for nothing.

Though I always wonder why they spend so much time making useless modifications. Like Nightmare had to be modded from about 25 damage per tick to 1 damage per tick, because 25 damage on a 800 HP player is fair, but 25 damage on a 4000 HP monster is "unbalanced". I mean, you could get like 200 exp per hour solo with that kind of attack!

Honestly, sometimes I wonder what kind of doomsday propaganda people are spreading over at SE's office that make them fear giving anything useful to SMN.
    (0)

Character
    Razushu
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamasala View Post
    More like work wasted, since the original avatars absorb magic, but our pets were gimped by changing the code to not absorb damage. If they returned our avatars to normal, they'd just have done double work for nothing.

Though I always wonder why they spend so much time making useless modifications. Like Nightmare had to be modded from about 25 damage per tick to 1 damage per tick, because 25 damage on a 800 HP player is fair, but 25 damage on a 4000 HP monster is "unbalanced". I mean, you could get like 200 exp per hour solo with that kind of attack!

Honestly, sometimes I wonder what kind of doomsday propaganda people are spreading over at SE's office that make them fear giving anything useful to SMN.
    Hopefully they've realised boosting Summoner won't unbalance the game already, they seem to be treating us much better in the last few months. I'm optimistic that there's a buff to Ward potency coming soon(ish), and Nightmare will be included. SE seems to have figured out SMN was in a very bad way, and have started fixing us. I hope they've finally understood our Ward buffs are considered useless unless they grant an at least similar effect to BRD and COR buffs, fixing the duration problem was a great start.
    (0)

Summoner [suhm-uhn-er]

1. Mystics who conjure avatars to fight by their sides, then sit back and enjoy the show while paying close attention to their MP as their minions deliver devastating blows to adversaries and provide aid to allies.
    2. Not a melee

Character
    Tarage
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    See how he keeps following me? And it isn't a matter of "sides both for and against", it's a matter of "sides for or partially for and one against".
    (0)
    Last edited by Tarage; 08-09-2011 at 04:45 AM.

I think a lot more than just him follow this thread alone

Though your ideas are posted in many threads, I'm sure SE has read your post in one of the five threads, they don't respond to everybody...
    (0)
    Last edited by Soundwave; 08-09-2011 at 04:54 AM.

Hail to the king baby, Sig by Kingfury

Page 12 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast