Hybrid View

Character
    Casull
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Two Cents Worth Of Bahamut.

So I figured I'll start to throw in my two cents here and there, beginning with! Bahamut.

From what I've gathered from reading the forums is that there are two problems with having Bahamut as an summon. 1) He's too big to fit into most if not all inside areas and hell, even some outside ones too. 2) SE not wanting to knock Bahamut off his pedestal of high power and thus creating a less powerful version (aka capable of being defeated by a rabbit or worm) just so Summoners can have him and not make him overpowered.

These are total BS arguments.

Starting off with the first "problem," Bahamut's size is only a problem if he's an actual avatar and not a 2 hour (more on that later). If he were implemented in avatar form, having a full blown Bahamut following you around would be impractical. So this is where we(SE) would use our imaginations (Ridiculous!) and think up creative solutions (Even More Ridiculous!). The first one that comes to mind would be to simply shrink him to the size of, say, Diabolos or possibly slightly bigger. Although having a Pixie sized Bahamut follow you around would Never get old. I suppose the problem with that would be "Why would he be smaller than his actual form?" and this can be addressed in oh so many different ways. There would undoubtedly have to be a quest or some sort to get Bahamut as a summon so it would be easy to incorporate it into the story of the quest. Such as only being able to harness a fraction of Bahamut's true strength and the physical(/magical?) manifestation of that power is quite literally an avatar of that portion of Bahamut's power. Or it could just simply be that Bahamut can change size at will to fit inside of places (Hey, even Bahamut thinks it get a little chilly outside too). I'm sure there are plenty of other ways as well that other people can come up with, this is just me thinking about it for a couple of minutes and I'm sure I can come up with more later.

Now, if Bahamut was implemented as a 2 hour size would be completely irrelevant. His ability would no doubt be Gigaflare and the only part of Bahamut that would really need to be there is his face. Which makes this totally doable, I've seen plenty of things (including dragons) crawl out of a seal that appeared on the ground. All you would need is Bahamut's claws come out, then pull up his head and then use his laser face. Super easy. The only problem with Bahamut as a 2 hour is that you don't really want another Odin (assuming he stays as a 2 hour), so we(SE) would have to figure out what Gigaflare does other than just straight up damage. I noticed in another thread that someone mentioned some debuffs which could work, or it could just be flat damage that was significantly better than Odin but only available to level 99's.

I sorta touched on the second "problem" which is not wanting to make him less powerful to make him balanced as a non 2 hour summon, but the fact is that is just doesn't matter. He's an avatar, he's not actually Bahamut. We're not going into the BCNM, throwing a collar around his neck and going, "Okay follow me you're mine now." To be honest I don't even think we're doing that with the Celestial avatars either, we're fighting their physical(/magical?) manifestations (aka their avatars) defeating them, then obtaining the ability to summon them in avatar form. I don't see how this would be any different with Bahamut. You could also just make it so only level 99's can summon him completely eliminating the 'being defeated by a tunnel worm is too humiliating' anyway...

On a quick side note... Please! For the love of Bahamut let us have Odin and Alexander as Actual avatars, I did not do all that work of going through ToA to get two situational, AT BEST, "avatars." You realize we ONLY use Odin to kill regular mobs in abyssea? It's a complete waste of two potentially Awesome summons, one of which is a personal favorite of mine. /rant

tl;dr
    The reasons we've been given and the arguments made for not having Bahamut are total BS, if they don't want us to have him just SAY so and don't hide behind these stupid reasons.

So I don't know, I suppose this is where I say, "So, what do you think?" and "No disrespectful language." /shake finger
    (1)
    Ore Wo Dare Da To Omotte Yagaru!?!?!

Character
    Eerica
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    There's no way on Vana'diel Bahamut would lower himself to be an avatar for us to summon, he hates our guts and he'd just eat us. He is too proud of his status and power and would never do such a thing. Also when we met him during CoP we're not dealing with an avatar, but the real Bahamut himself. Yes we defeat it (again in "BahaV2" as we used to call it in my LS), but he just goes "Here you can have my stick now go away you miserable thing".

I think that's what SE means when they say "We can't allow Bahamut to be summonable".
    I can see why Odin would do that, you basically win him over proving your valor against him. Bahamut just doesn't care about that and, again, he'd just eat you.

About Odin and Alexander yes, I'd love them to became "real" avatars but I'm looking forward Atomos and Cait Sith. I find them to be more intriguing than Bahamut to be honest, he was never a favourite of mine (I guess that was clear :P).
    (0)

Only valid argument against Bahamut is "He is so big". Everything else is just mindless chatter someone thought up in their closet while counting shoes.

Besides, you convince the avatar Odin to help you. Not the Odin that runs amok and kills people in ToAU or in Einherjar. Same with Alexander. You do not defeat the ToAU boss driven by a BLU mage, you defeat the avatar version.

So to get Bahamut as avatar, just fight the astral version of him. Should be enough with a pokeball or something to bahamuts face, to extract some of his soul and run off and beat the crap out of it.
    (0)

Character
    Tarage
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamasala View Post
    Only valid argument against Bahamut is "He is so big". Everything else is just mindless chatter someone thought up in their closet while counting shoes.

Besides, you convince the avatar Odin to help you. Not the Odin that runs amok and kills people in ToAU or in Einherjar. Same with Alexander. You do not defeat the ToAU boss driven by a BLU mage, you defeat the avatar version.

So to get Bahamut as avatar, just fight the astral version of him. Should be enough with a pokeball or something to bahamuts face, to extract some of his soul and run off and beat the crap out of it.
    SE has stated that they do not want to lessen Bahamut's impact in lore and the game. If that is 'mindless chatter' to you, maybe you need to play another game.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    SE has stated that they do not want to lessen Bahamut's impact in lore and the game. If that is 'mindless chatter' to you, maybe you need to play another game.
    SE has said they do not want to raise level cap past 75. Ponder that statement and then return with your Bahamut "mindless chatter".
    (0)

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamasala View Post
    SE has said they do not want to raise level cap past 75. Ponder that statement and then return with your Bahamut "mindless chatter".
    Yet they responded in saying that Bahamut won't be an avatar.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Korpg View Post
    Yet they responded in saying that Bahamut won't be an avatar.
    Which I'll take their word for, as long as level cap is 75.
    (0)

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    Reason why SE won't put Bahamut as a summon?

PS2 limitations....
    (0)

Character
    Arciele
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The Bahamut won't be an avatar statement was released back in the day when 75 was the level cap and they said it wouldnt rise.

With that, a lot has changed and the development team is nowhere near the same as it used to be.. so I personally feel that anything is possible with the current state of things. Any statements of there will be or will not be no longer hold to be true.

As for Bahamut, they did say that they didn't want him to be an avatar because it would diminish the image of his godly power.. or something like that.. and also that he was kinda big.
    But that was when level cap was 75 and Bahamut was actually hard, when they didn't have astral flow only avatars that only appeared for a while, and when they didn't have avatars that had level limitation.

In other words, anything is possible.
    (0)

Black mages are getting meteor, you know, the spell that in certain Final Fantasy game was going to destroy the world

So... give us bahamuth, a lvl 99 Summoner should be worthy of bahamuth and make it a super epic fight if you will, a multi part fights defeating all avatars in a boss rush mode solo, then the Wyrms in party, then Bahamuh in party and lastly Bahamuth mano-a-mano in astral form *-*
    (0)

azjazo.deviantart.com

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast