Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    The cat will be 9 cats of the round table.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Clou777 View Post
    forget all about bahamut for a sec and get SE to add FFs BEST summon...

KOTR! have like 12 avatar knights runnin round pwnin stuff!
    KoTR wasn't a real summon nor were ruby and emerald weapon original bosses, they added them for the american version.
    (0)

Character
    Yamimarikk
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    We are very fortunate to be getting a new walking avatar for us aka Cait Sith, will be even more interesting to see how they implement Atomos, and I'm very grateful for these new avatars, considering I've been playing SMN for 6years or so now, any who about this Bahamut business I think it wouldn't be a total waste of time or loss if they added him I mean hell, he's a summonable summon in some of the other Final Fantasy's what is wrong with making it in this Final Fantasy as well? Diminishing his power? He wouldn't be anymore god like? Uhhh then is that what they did to all those other Bahamut's you could use in the other games? And it is true, the level cap of 75 is gone now, with that former statement no longer having the same meaning, anything is quite possible, but in my heart of hearts, whether it's because they're lazy or they just don't care, I don't see SE giving us Bahamut in FFXI.
    (0)
    Last edited by Yamimarik44; 09-15-2011 at 01:46 PM.

Character
    Tannlore
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamasala View Post
    The cat will be 9 cats of the round table.
    Yes! Smn with army of Cait Siths... I shall make my own party!

Cat 1: you are warrior, proc red and blue !!
    Cat 2: you are blm, proc yellow !!
    Cat 3: you are blu, proc yellow !!
    Cat 4, you are brd, proc yellow !!
    Cat 5: you are tank, make fun of it's mother!
    Cat 6, 7, 8 and 9: Sing the mow mix song and annoy the hell out of everyone else while they watch!

*summons carbuncle and tells him that while he may have sent him to his death thousands of times.. he never did it with this much flare* "No cat 2! It's water for yellow! Flood, not flare! Wait.. which one were you again??"

But to add the conversation: Diminish his power? Let me see...
    I've beaten how many GODS to count in sky/sea/you-name-it, not to mention tons of other horror and atrocities that you've had to overcome if you've done all the missions in the game. No offense, but Bahamut is a small fry compared to some of the power your character has fought off or defeated. And if a small band of people (one alliance) can defeat him (in under 30 seconds @ level 75 no less) What does that say about his grand power. Heh... I've fought Kirins that took WAY longer than that back in the day.

At level 99 who knows, maybe we'll get him as a 2hr or something. It's not deal breaker for me if we get him or not. However, it would be nice to see. Bahamut has lent his powers to other mortals in other games before, who have accomplished far, far less than our characters have. Heck all most of them had to do was beat him and that was enough. Well I've beaten him easily over 20 times: I can has my bahamut summon now plz-k-thnx!
    (0)
    Last edited by Tannlore; 08-18-2011 at 04:54 PM.
    My other car is a summoner.

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Bahamut, for the most part, is still an unrealistic avatar to obtain. Why? Doesn't matter of he respects the enlighten race. He would turn on us the very instant another threatening 'Apocalypse' happened cause he's an protector of Vana'diel, not the people who live there, which he despises.

Pheonix would be lovely (another fire avatar? Yes, please.) but unless Selh'teus part ways with her so she can get a new body and crystal to match, what's the chance of that happening?
    (0)
    Main Job: SMN95 <Hvergelmir 85 obtained 9/10/11>
    Side Jobs: WHM95 DNC95
    Gimp Jobs: SCH95 NIN95
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimikryo View Post
    If waiting 15 minutes is such an issue to you, I hope you never get stuck in public transport or in an elevator. You probably will go insane.

Character
    Tannlore
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Soranika View Post
    Bahamut, for the most part, is still an unrealistic avatar to obtain. Why? Doesn't matter of he respects the enlighten race. He would turn on us the very instant another threatening 'Apocalypse' happened cause he's an protector of Vana'diel, not the people who live there, which he despises.

Pheonix would be lovely (another fire avatar? Yes, please.) but unless Selh'teus part ways with her so she can get a new body and crystal to match, what's the chance of that happening?
    Nothing wrong with this if the summoner he decided to make a pact with (and he made a pact with the Kuluu remember? He mentions it when you first meet him in monarch Linn). I'd be perfectly willing to go along with Bahamut to protect Vana even if me meant being a little unpopular when the next Apocalypse happens.. even though yo know you'll be racing to stop it anyhow... still in line with his purpose. Who knows you might change his attitude. He DID like the Kuluu, you might change his mind about the newer races.

It boils down to: He's too big, won't fit in lots of places, too much work to make him an avatar, PS2 limitations, devs don't have enough coffee to stay up and fix these problems.
    (0)

Player
    In my opinion I believe that the 2 hour Avatars were a big joke why would SE release a avatar and only allow us to use it every two hours? especially since we are the main job that relies on pets What SE should do in my opinion is just make Alexander and Odin into regular avatars, and add Cait Sith and Bahamut, as for Atomos that should be Cait Sith 2 hour Ability. And the other comments SE have made about Bahamut, and the other avatars being consider too strong to be killed by a low level monster thats just dumb these are not the true prime summon, rather a image (Avatar) of there true power. Anyways here a concept for Cait Sith, Alexander, Odin, and Bahamut just for fun . (By the way by Advance Summon I don't really mean there stronger than the current summons what I mean is that you need to be Level50 to actually have the spell available to summon them to atleast keep there powerful image and not be summoned by low level summoners.)

Alexander
    Unlike other summons Alexander cannot move he is like a worm casting range bloodpacts, his basic attack is a range attack called Radiant Sacrament he does it automatically every 10secs. (Hes a Advance Summon which requires level50 to summon)

Increase Magic Defense

Bloodpacts
    -Level50-Divine Judgment (Requires Astral Flow)
    -Level50-Divine Spear (Bloodpact Rage)
    -Level63-Gospel of the Lost (Bloodpact Ward)
    -Level79-Perfect Defense (Bloodpact Ward)
    -Level85-Holy II (Bloodpact Rage)
    -Level89-Void of Repentance (Bloodpact Ward)
    -Level99-Mega Holy (Bloodpact rage)

Odin
    (Hes a Advance Summon which requires level50 to summon)

Increase accuracy

Bloodpacts
    -Level50-Zantetsuken (Requires Astral Flow)
    -Level50-Ofnir (Bloodpact Rage)
    -Level74-Sanngetall (Bloodpact Ward)
    -Level81-Yggr (Bloodpact Ward)
    -Level87-Valfodr (Bloodpact Rage)
    -Level91-Geirrothr (Bloodpact Rage)
    -Level99-Gagnrath (Bloodpact rage)

Bahamut
    I think that SE should Lower Bahamut size as a avatar to around the size of Diabolos or odin.
    (Hes a Advance Summon which requires level50 to summon)

Increase Attack

Bloodpacts
    -Level50-Terraflare (Requires Astral Flow)
    -Level50-Trample (Bloodpact Rage)
    -Level72-Sweeping Flail (Bloodpact Rage)
    -Level83-Impulsion (Bloodpact Ward)
    -Level97-Horrible Roar(Bloodpact Ward)
    -Level99-MegaFlare (Bloodpact Rage)

Cait Sith
    (Hes a Advance Summon which requires level50 to summon.)

Grants Regain Effect

Bloodpacts
    -Level50-Soul Vacuum(Requires Astral Flow)
    -Level50-Regal Scratch (Bloodpact Rage)
    -Level52-Divine Favor (Bloodpact Ward)
    -Level77-Eerie Eye (Bloodpact Ward)
    -Level92-Level ? Holy (Bloodpact Rage)
    -Level99-Mewing Lullaby

While it is a lot of adjustments I don't really think it so much work because all the tools are basically already in the game. The only thing SE would have to do is balance the Abilities in Avatar Form, Scale down Bahamut for avatar form, Add the favors to the game, the quest for Cait Sith, plus adjustments to the whisper of Bahamut.
    (2)
    Last edited by Brightshadow; 09-15-2011 at 04:24 AM.

Character
    Vangoh
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    I second this ^
    (2)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Alexander and Odin are 2-hour summons because any extended period of summoning would cause Ragnarok. The 2-hour summoning is used to siphon off their power so they cannot enter through the astral disturbances near Nashmau and in the Alzadaal Ruins on their own.

Bahamut cannot be summoned, as he's not an astral entity. He's a very real wyrm, and he'd prefer us all dead to prevent Emptyness from engulfing Vana'diel in the future.

Cait Sith and Atomos are very real candidates for new summons (I believe this was mentioned by a CR), with Cait Sith being a regular summon on par with Carbuncle, while Atomos is likely a 2-hour summon using Soul Vacuum followed by Soul Infusion.
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Tannlore
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    Bahamut cannot be summoned, as he's not an astral entity. He's a very real wyrm, and he'd prefer us all dead to prevent Emptyness from engulfing Vana'diel in the future..
    I have to take exception to this part as the terrestrial avatars are all very real. In fact if the celestials wake up, they go back to being mindless beasts. Bahamut could just as easily lend a portion of his power as Carbuncle, Diabolos or Fenfir do. If nothing else, Bahamut's level of power should make such a feat so easy for him to do yes? I mean if carbuncle can lend his power to god knows how many hundreds of thousands of adventurers and not go "poof!" certain Bahamut can as well.
    (1)
    Last edited by Tannlore; 09-20-2011 at 03:56 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast