Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kiyara
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Dynamis Adjustments - Some Changes That Need To Be Made IMO

I totally like the new dynamis system being free after 1 time fee, able to do once every day and it's only 2 hrs max (3.5 hrs before was too long imo). It is a lot more casual and more controllable by the player.

The thing I believe that is wrong with Dynamis is the drop rate on currency. Granted the proc system does enhance drop rates considerably, having no proc to result in 0 currency dropping about 95% of the time is quiet discouraging. I do dynamis 1-2 times a week with my LS (in a group of 6 or so) and we farm currency to help with my relic dagger. On average, we get about 50-80 singles in a whole run and we are lucky if we get any 100 pieces from NMs (before in old school dynamis, we'd get 100-200 singles and 1-3 100 pieces on average).

I believe that the proc shouldn't be required but it should be beneficial to the currency drop. I believe it would be fair if every mob always dropped 1 single currency without a proc and if you do proc, you get at least 2 currency up to 4 (TH will affect this as well). As with the 100 pieces off NMs (which i estimate to be around 5%), drop rate should be raised as well (make it around 15%-20% or so). Also would be nice to see Relic costs go down by at least half to make up for the lack of currency circulating (prices have doubled).

Just my 2 cents but I will say Dynamis is a lot better than what it used to be overall. Any input is welcome.
    (0)

While i admit "non-triggered" mobs need their drop rate upped SLIGHTLY. You must be doing something wrong.

My group of ~5/6 Average over 200 coins a run, not including 100's, sometimes as high as 250 or more, Our record was somthing around 380 because we got a 100 piece. This is in multiple zones, windurst, Sandy, Xarc, and Beauc.

They key is first kill all TE's, Then focus on procing. Find a good camp with a lot of Magic/JA mobs. the WS update was nice but not good enough to make a camp on WS mobs. This method will net you quite a bit of coins.

Anyway, As i siad, Non-proc Drop rate should be upped a little, Maybe ~30% chance for 1, 10% chance for 2 or something similar. It needs to remain low ot encourage making use of procing. otherwise it'd undermine what SE intended.
    (0)

Character
    Kiyara
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    The thing is we proc a lot. Our recent run in Dynamis-Xarcabard we proced about 70% of the time on every mob and we killed 15 NMs which were all proced. Not a single 100 piece and we only netted 80 coins that run. I was thf with TH7. We farm all time extensions to maximize time and procs and we usually end up with around 70-80 coins a run. Most we've gotten was Dynamis-Sandoria with 2 100 pieces and 60 singles.
    (0)

You must be killing really slow then :\, Or ... I don't know, not pulling enough? Cause Xarc is generally one of the better zones for us and we net ~200+ Coins a run in singles.

How many do you go with and what jobs? I'd go as far to say i could solo more than 60 in 2hours...

Also, 100 pieces aren't effect by procs apparently, So don't feel bad zerging them to shit.
    (0)

Character
    Kiyara
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    We were pulling 2 mobs at a time and we must of killed over 100 mobs in that time full 2 hr frame. Most of the time was getting 1-2 singles. Anything that didn't proc, didn't drop anything.
    (0)

Thats quite odd especially with a THF, Can't explain it for yah.
    (1)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I duo over 100 per run with THF/NIN and RDM using mostly magic procs with WS on the side while hitting up NMs in Xarc(/nin gets procs 50% of the time, it's often if you spam it) Typically 2-3 currency drop per kill. The only time I fall under about 110 is when I'm focusing on NMs. You should be doing what Karb's group is doing so the best I figure is you're spending too much time not killing stuff or too much time focusing on PHs for NMs. Maybe you aren't killing enough if you're just nabbing 100 or so mobs per run. I probably nab 50+ mobs per run depending with an average of 2-3 drops per kill.

Bottom line I feel your problem is there's too much checking going on and not enough killing for whatever reason. Maybe you're mage heavy. I don't know. Like I said before, I do it as thf/nin and rdm and focus on mage mobs with WS on the side in Xarcabard. Take that and expand on it. Split into 3 groups of two. Or split into 2 groups of three. Cause I'm telling you right now, the more people you have on one mob than 2-3 the less your payout is going to be at the end of the run. My best advice is to split into 3 groups of two, one group for WS, JA, and magic, camp near that tower where a ton of NMs spawn and go to work pulling stuff from all directions. There's a solid supply of all three proc types in that area. And you don't need to make it a strict rule - the WS proc team can very well do JA too. The point is the WS mobs are there and you will eventually have to kill them. Use weak WSs, not strong. Your melee damage will kill it down in no time.

I understand your issues with the system but I'm just trying to tell you... it's a lot better than what you are seeing, and with some changes in your set up you will get far more currency. Basically you have to focus for 2 hours to max the benefits of Dynamis. There's no time to AFK really or fiddle around and get killed. Apparently that is too much to ask of some people. In a way I sort of agree with them. We're asked to do it every day instead of once every 3 days. We're asked to cookie cut yet AGAIN. But the system as it is now leads to better rewards. I can duo a relic in like 200 days if I so desired. There isn't much I can complain about with the system, except that it's extremely annoying to have someone snipe a freshly popped NM you've been trying to pop for a half hour...so I feel lottery NMs have no place in a time restricted zone.

If I do 100 per run with 2 people you should be doing 300 per run with 6. At the very least 200 if you don't cookie cut your ass off to nab 300. But I guess at the end of the day your success will depend on the available jobs amongst your group and their willingness to cookie cut til the cows come home. All I know is I welcome procs. If not for the terror effect to permit me to SA WS to "speed kill" my take home would be far far less.

Needless to say, my advice is for Xarcabard. It's a bit different with the other zones as they are infinitely tougher on your time... city zones are jam packed. Beau is a joke with 1 TE mob way the hell out in the middle of nowhere that pretty much makes getting it pointless for TE but you need it for procs....... and the beastmen of course suck with their gimmicks, and finally the zone is just so damn large that you can blow 30 minutes easily getting TEs if your final camp destination isn't orcs. Demons are the bestest ever for farming purposes. If you aren't doing Xarcabard, start. You will be far better off farming that zone and selling any currency you do not need to buy the currency you do need than trying to focus on the annoying city zones for specific currency. It is also infinitely safer to farm.
    (0)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Kiyara
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    We kill with generally this setup : thf, sam, war, blu, whm, blm, brd. That's pretty much what we use and we pull 2 mobs at a time. We kill PH for 4 NMs at once to maximize 100 piece acquisition (rdm/pld/drg/drk NMs, in Xarcabard). I really don't see a weak setup here and I don't see why our coin count is such shit. Also, I figure with 15 NMs in a single run along with 100+ mobs is a pretty damn good amount of mobs killed in 2 hrs.
    (0)

Character
    Alukat
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    that's weird 100+ mobs with procs should yield 100-300 currencys.
    i duo with a friend in beau (bst/dnc + bst/nin) and we get 140-180 currencys in a single run but after 30+ NMs i still think 100's are a myth in new dynamis xD, not one of them droped yet ; ;.
    the lower droprate of 100's sucks, at old system it was possble to get 100-600 currencys in a single run (sandy) trio.
    but well we don't have the 500k entrance costs anymore.
    i think the new system would be on par or better with old one if u could still reserve the area, competition makes it even more difficult to get many currencys sometimes.
    (0)

Character
    Surealistic
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    im gonna be the one to say it, cry more

ive done plenty of xarc runs in the old system where an entire ls would get less than 50 currency, and you are now complaining that with 6 people you only get around 100, boo freaking hooo

nothing is ever good enough for you people is it

SE, DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING ABOUT DYNAMIS, I LOVE ALL THE GIL IM MAKING NOW, THANK YOU FOR FINALLY MAKING DYNAMIS FUN
    (0)
    In a world of milk and honey, there is no cake

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast