Character
    Solbadgirl
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureal View Post
    if you farm all your own currency it only costs YOU 50k

if you SELL your currency, then a relic costs whoever you sold the currency to however much you sold it for
    No, a relic costs about 200000 dyna currency, which is worth about 230m. You pay that much to the goblins for a relic.

If you don't pay for it in Gil then it's free lol?
    (2)
    Last edited by DebbieGibson; 08-20-2011 at 05:47 AM.

Character
    Surealistic
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    cue the "not sure if troll" pic

let me explain this slowly for you

if you farm, meaning you obtain ALL the currency on your own, and do not purchase any currency, you will only spend 50k for the KI to enter dynamis, you do not SPEND 200m+ gil when you turn in the currency, you dont pay the goblins a single cent outside of getting the KI to get into dynamis

it does not matter what the market value of the currency is if you are upgrading a relic yourself

i dont know how else to explain this
    (1)
    In a world of milk and honey, there is no cake

Character
    Solbadgirl
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    cue the "not sure if troll" pic

let me explain this slowly for you

if you farm, meaning you obtain ALL the currency on your own, and do not purchase any currency, you will only spend 50k for the KI to enter dynamis, you do not SPEND 200m+ gil when you turn in the currency, you dont pay the goblins a single cent outside of getting the KI to get into dynamis

it does not matter what the market value of the currency is if you are upgrading a relic yourself

i dont know how else to explain this
    Oh ok I see so you can pay 50k and go pick up your relic tomorrow is what you're saying? Because that's what free means.

free
    adverb /frē/ 

Without cost or payment

So relics have no cost, except for the 50k? You spend absolutely nothing but the 50k, relics are 50k now is what you're saying?
    (1)

Character
    Surealistic
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    /sigh

yes, basically, you are not coming out of pocket for anything but the initial KI cost

if you are upgrading a relic, it does not matter what the market value of the currency is, this does not mean you automatically get a relic for simply buying a KI, you have to put in work, BUT NO GIL OUT OF POCKET
    (0)

Character
    Solbadgirl
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    you have to put in work
    And how much is that work worth? Or does work have no value? Work is free too?
    (2)

Character
    Surealistic
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    are you serious? am i on candid camera or something

i swear, if ashton kutcher jumps out from behind me somewhere im going to be seriously pissed
    (1)

Character
    Solbadgirl
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    Last I recall, I think I spent something for work. But I can't remember exactly what it was. Let me think real hard. I spent...... blank....... working towards a relic. I think it starts with a T. I spent T___ working towards a relic... Damn I just have no idea what it was. I guess relics really are free after all!
    (1)

Character
    Surealistic
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    im done, i think i just felt my brain explode
    (2)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    He's being a dick about it, but he IS right. Just because something doesn't cost gil doesnt mean it is free.

Primeval brew doesn't cost gil, is it free too?

Opportunity cost is an important concept to understand when discussing these things.
    (3)
    Last edited by Raksha; 08-20-2011 at 10:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Some brains can't handle the truth. It's ok, yours isn't the only one.

Everything in this game costs money. Time is money. A very old but very true saying. So if something costs time, it effectively costs you money. If you spend six months farming your relic, you get ~200M worth of currency in that time. So instead of buying the relic you could sell that currency for loads of money. It's interchangeable. It's even interchangeable after, although not legal, by selling your account. There is no such thing as "free effort", everything you invest in costs you something. And that something is money. Even if you only invest time in, it's money.

For example, if you can farm gil faster than you can farm currency in the same amount of time, you can just farm the gil for it and then buy it. So are you saying one way is free and the other way costs you 200M, so it's better to go the long way? Do you think you've earned it more if you've farmed currency instead of farming the money for it, because you just bought it?

Relics aren't free, they're very expensive, no matter how you go about it. If you've farmed every coin and then bought it, you have a potential loss of ~200M. Just because you don't see the gil disappear from your screen, doesn't mean you didn't lose it.
    (1)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast