Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    My only issue is that I feel that the drop rate of 100s unit is way too small. Been doing Dynamis every night for the past week and a half, and we killed more NMs that I can even remember, and so far only 1 100 has dropped, and that's a 100 byne bills. I don't even think it's 5%, but then again, I'm probably doing something wrong. When it comes to Beaucedine and Xarcabard, I know a lot of the placeholders, and utilize it constantly while pulling and killing regular mobs. Killed several NMs, and just not a damn 100.

The drop rate off regular mobs is fine if they are staggered. In the single units, I've seen 150~250 with 5~7 people.
    (0)

Character
    Urat
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    You can stagger NMs and get 100s off of them easily.

As dnc/nin I can solo farm well over 100 singles in one run, and if its the right zone I may even get lucky and get a 100 off an easy NM.

Dynamis is fine.
    (0)

Character
    Zirael
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Suirieko View Post
    My only issue is that I feel that the drop rate of 100s unit is way too small. Been doing Dynamis every night for the past week and a half, and we killed more NMs that I can even remember, and so far only 1 100 has dropped, and that's a 100 byne bills. I don't even think it's 5%, but then again, I'm probably doing something wrong. When it comes to Beaucedine and Xarcabard, I know a lot of the placeholders, and utilize it constantly while pulling and killing regular mobs. Killed several NMs, and just not a damn 100.

The drop rate off regular mobs is fine if they are staggered. In the single units, I've seen 150~250 with 5~7 people.
    For my group 100 droprate is ~5% as well (all staggered, all with TH) even if we kill 5-10NMs per run. In cities we average 60 coins per person minimum, 75 coins per person if it's Beaucedine orc camp. If a 100 drops, that's 25-30 coins per person extra.

Things you might want to reconsider:

1) change zone - I find Xarcabard to have waay to many satelite weapons running around everywhere. If you are a group of 5-6 people and camp NMs, I bet you agro alot of them, and they don't drop any coins = time wasted. Each city zone has about 3-4 easy prey camps with JA/WS monsters concentrated together that I can pull off top of my head. Do some research for good camps before you start farming in any zone.

2) 70% stagger rate is waaay too low, after recent update our ratio of staggers is about: 99.9% of JA, 80%+ of WS and ~75% of magic mobs. Try focusing on JA mobs, then WS, then... find more JA mobs. Unless your mage is standing around doing nothing, there's little reason to pull magic mobs, also, meeles shouldn't touch mage mobs before proc. Do not kill anything before it's procced, unless it's being stubborn for like 5min. If you kill something without stagger, pulling it was a mistake and you just wasted your time. Pull something easier to stagger/kill next time.

3) As you might've realized by now, 100 droprate is low, don't actively wait for NM repops, focus on pulling JA/WS mobs for meeles instead. If you see some NM standing around, grab it, but remember that majority of your coins comes from normal enemies. Focus on what gives you coins, skip everything that doesn't.

4) Are you making sure you're fighting easy prey monsters? Tough ones have same coin droprate, but require more time/MP to kill.

5) Split camps - with good killspeed most camps I can think of support 2-3 meeles, if you find yourself standing without any JA/WS repops close by, there are too many of you in one spot.

6) All of your DDs should be /dnc or dnc/ No one should rely on mage healing, everyone should be capable of soloing their mob. In my opinion, bring at most 1 mage (or 1 mage per camp if you're not confident enough) to toss out hastes and for emergency Raise.

7) Get TEs fast and efficiently. You shouldn't get almost any links during TE phase and try avoid fighting them, since you can't proc them yet = time wasted. A pet job is very good here: pet either links all surounding mobs, so you can pull TE safely or PUP mage frame (almost, depending on manoeuvre luck) 1-shots TEs. BST/DNC, PUP/DNC (career pup at least) are very good for dynamis.

8) Have at least 1 THF in each camp. (Sorry, I'm a little biased in job choices here )

Anyways, these are my experiences with Dynamis, others might do it differently/disagree. Good luck!
    (0)

Character
    Kiyara
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Just did another Beaucedien run and only netted 120 coins in 2 hrs with 8 people. About 70% stagger rate, 0 100 pieces as usual. Definately need to up 100 piece drop rate. Totally nonexistent. And to Sureal, seriously you need to stop trolling me like all I do is call the wahbulance every time I post. All I did was share my opinion and you just come and shit on me like "oh yeah, it's Kiyara; let's pick on that scrub cause he doesn't know jackshit about FFXI". Seriously dude, I don't even know you and you already rubbing me the wrong way. Leave me alone.
    (0)

Character
    Surealistic
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    so posting in one thread one time makes me a troll?

interesting, interesting indeed
    (0)
    In a world of milk and honey, there is no cake

Character
    Toothedmeat
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I'm going to say it if it hasn't been said yet. I'm currently looking through all the threads to see if anyone else has said it....

Can you make currency purchasable through the Auction House? 11k -15k per currency is extortion!

Also can you make it so all Time Extension mobs do not link with the surrounding mobs?
    (0)
    Toothedmeat!
    Server: Bismark

Quote Originally Posted by Urat View Post
    You can stagger NMs and get 100s off of them easily.

As dnc/nin I can solo farm well over 100 singles in one run, and if its the right zone I may even get lucky and get a 100 off an easy NM.

Dynamis is fine.
    I Was under the impression Staggering NMs had no effect on 100's :X?
    (0)

Character
    Zirael
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I Was under the impression Staggering NMs had no effect on 100's :X?
    If anything stagger makes them *not* drop, since I saw a 100 once every 10-15 runs or so, with all NMs stagerred, 5+ NMs killed per run. Hmm, good point, next time we'll try -not- stagerring them, haha.
    (0)

9. 07-30-2011 04:06 AM

Character
    Babygyrl
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiyara View Post
    Just did another Beaucedien run and only netted 120 coins in 2 hrs with 8 people. About 70% stagger rate, 0 100 pieces as usual. Definately need to up 100 piece drop rate. Totally nonexistent. And to Sureal, seriously you need to stop trolling me like all I do is call the wahbulance every time I post. All I did was share my opinion and you just come and shit on me like "oh yeah, it's Kiyara; let's pick on that scrub cause he doesn't know jackshit about FFXI". Seriously dude, I don't even know you and you already rubbing me the wrong way. Leave me alone.

I think the pproblem with your group is iits TOO large.. when you have more then say 4-5 people.. you kill mobs too quickly resulting in kills before stagger, and as a result a lower stagger rate.. If you want to up your currency rate i suggest splitting that group int to 2 partys and fight separte mobs.. and make sure to not kill mobs until stagger.. that should up your drop rate a lot. You should be able t ostagger really 90 % of the time with the right set up
    (0)
    *BabyGyrl* Ragnarok Server~ 99 THF WHM RDM BLM DRG Husband Doluka <3

Quote Originally Posted by Zirael View Post
    If anything stagger makes them *not* drop, since I saw a 100 once every 10-15 runs or so, with all NMs stagerred, 5+ NMs killed per run. Hmm, good point, next time we'll try -not- stagerring them, haha.
    I think i've gotten ~3 100's in my Neo-Dynamis runs, 1 was an unstaggered goblin NM in Jeuno, the other 2 a Staggered Demon (BST in Xarc to be exact).

But i dont think it effects 100's, Pretty sure those load in the place of a 1-piece with or without stagger lol
    (0)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast