Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Esor
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    correct me if i'm wrong.. but isn't pld the only job left that single wields a main hand weapon? i know beast can.. but there's no point to it... and war will never single wield an axe...

why SE.. why?
    (5)

Character
    Golovko
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    They don't actually parse anything or work with real math or real gameplay, they probably just say "oh well paladin takes significantly reduced damage so therefore they can't dish any out."
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by esoR View Post
    correct me if i'm wrong.. but isn't pld the only job left that single wields a main hand weapon? i know beast can.. but there's no point to it... and war will never single wield an axe...

why SE.. why?
    Because pld appently isn't a dd job.
    (0)

It is most unfortunate that SE doesn't seem to know how to deal with these issues in a relevant matter. Shame on you SE, and shame on you community team for not pushing the devs a bit harder.
    (2)

Character
    Andrien
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    @ Coldbrand. I agree. Even a BST pet can steal hate just by melee alone. This is totally whack.

Perhaps if making PLD melee hits occasionally trigger some kind of enmity spike equivalent to a weapon skill without the damage, but just the enmity we would see better hate control.

Edit:
    Cure IV doesn't even cut it anymore. The amount of HP we have we're just eating away MP keeping ourselves healed in Abyssea or outside Abyssea.
    (2)
    Last edited by Andrien; 08-05-2011 at 07:06 AM.

Character
    Aisaka
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    SE clearly does not play the same game we do.

Let's say for example I'm doing an NM with these jobs:
    PLD, DNC, MNK, and WAR.
    Very quickly into the fight, all four are going to be capped on hate. [Likely, the PLD last.]
    Then the mob gets to swap targets over and over as we all take turns being at the top of the hate list.

Now...explain to me how any of the questions answered are going to help PLD not only maintain hate, but prevent other people from constantly capping hate.
    Then explain to me why I'd want a PLD tanking instead of a job that can tank as well as do damage.

At current, PLD has very limited use, even in low man.
    And stop trying to cover enmity issues up with THF.
    THF does not help with the current enmity system, no matter how much you want it to.
    Accomplice/Collab have too long of a recast timer to be useful in a fight -- and when used, it's only noticeable in a couple situations. When hate is capped on everyone and bouncing around, the person you take hate from will immediately get it back anyhow.
    Trick Attack is nothing but a damage tool now. Again, with capped hate there's no real change when I TA + Rudra's someone. THF is not some master of enmity control, SE. Update your jobs or systems properly and stop using THF as an excuse not to.

I really hope SE gets a new staff member who actually plays this game to explain to them how things work in practice, and not just theory.

Also still upset that there's no Q&A for DNC yet. :<
    (4)
    /人 ‿‿ 人\

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    As someone else who isn't a PLD, this isn't the main problem. Paladins do lose some Enmity when hit but they get it back very quickly; the real issue is that melees and BLMs do so much damage now that they hit the hate cap very quickly and stay there. Without giving players some way to get rid of Cumulative Enmity or allowing PLDs to exceed the hate cap, boosting PLD Enmity gain is not going to help.
    not saying that this statment is conpletely false... but enmity douse says hi.
    (1)

Ok I wasn't actually going to comment on this but after reading Camate's post I can't seem to resist. Its been a while since I've posted anything since I took a month long break from the game. But I had an idea on how to help paladin out.

Nothing in Camate's post seemed even remotely helpful to the situation my favorite job seems to have found itself in. Therefore I have thought about a new JA for paladin that would suit the job perfectly, in my opinion of course.

Holy Judgement:
    Duration: 1~3 minutes
    Recast time: 3~5 minutes
    Effect: All actions taken by the Paladin while under the effect of Holy Judgement will see an increase in their base effect/damage and duration (excluding Enhancing Magic)
    *Effect can be dispelled

Examples
    *All curative spells will cure for double the base amount and increased enmity gain.
    *Offensive Spells like holy and banish spells will do double their base damage and Flash will have a higher enmity spike. (I know someone is going to mention Divine Emblem's effect however, that effect only works for one cast and the recast timer is far to long to make it useful)
    *Defensive actions such as Sentinel, rampart, and cover will see an increase in duration with reduced enmity loss.
    *All offensive melee actions will see a boost in damage output, including weapon skills (similar to berserk but without the defense down).

This is my idea for an all encompassing JA for Paladin that should help it gain and maintain enmity, without going totally outside the bounds of how the job was designed. I know people are going shoot down some, if not all of my idea's and that's fine, but I just couldn't stomach the "non-solutions" that I was seeing in Camate's response.

Thank you, and have a nice day.
    (2)

Character
    Cahlum
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    PLD just isnt good for abyssea how many people in this thread have killed a voidwatch NM without a PLD?
    (1)

Character
    Xellith
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    I killed a voidwatch NM with a pld... but it reset hate every other move so I didnt really do anything... id say being pointless counts the same as not even being there.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost
    Eleven Fajin boots!
    We did Voidwatch today and Eleven Fajin Boots dropped!! Yay! Thank you Square Enix Incorporated! The Three People that got them today were really happy

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast