Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Ouch town on that last one :\

(The other answers sound really interesting)
    (2)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 08-05-2011 at 04:55 AM.

Character
    Bubeeky
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 92
    Just some observations from an outsider (whm main) the biggest issue I've noticed from plds isn't enmity control usually...it's the fact that where a dnc or nin or thf can flat out avoid any attacks they can't just take, pld lacks a similar ability, and they aren't usually any better at taking some attacks...can we maybe see something for pld that helps them either avoid more attacks or overall take less damage or something, so that they can survive the damage they take?
    (5)
    Love life, dare to dream, and LIVE ON PURPOSE!
    Also make sure to beat up any evil elvaans along the way, as we all know tarus are the ultimate race.

Character
    Xellith
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    I hate stupid answers like "Oh HAI if you want to lose enmity then get a thf to collab u lulz" They seem to say it every single time.
    (6)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost
    Eleven Fajin boots!
    We did Voidwatch today and Eleven Fajin Boots dropped!! Yay! Thank you Square Enix Incorporated! The Three People that got them today were really happy

Character
    Golovko
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I really don't think the devs play this game at a high level in any capacity.
    (5)

Character
    Miioa
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    While this might not cover every single question
    I see what you did thar...
    (6)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubeeky View Post
    Just some observations from an outsider (whm main) the biggest issue I've noticed from plds isn't enmity control usually...it's the fact that where a dnc or nin or thf can flat out avoid any attacks they can't just take, pld lacks a similar ability, and they aren't usually any better at taking some attacks...can we maybe see something for pld that helps them either avoid more attacks or overall take less damage or something, so that they can survive the damage they take?
    As someone else who isn't a PLD, this isn't the main problem. Paladins do lose some Enmity when hit but they get it back very quickly; the real issue is that melees and BLMs do so much damage now that they hit the hate cap very quickly and stay there. Without giving players some way to get rid of Cumulative Enmity or allowing PLDs to exceed the hate cap, boosting PLD Enmity gain is not going to help.
    (6)

I'd like to know who comes up with some of these questions. Cause they obviously don't play the job or they should consider playing a different job. None of what is mentioned will fixes PLD or will help in any way.

This is more of what needs to change. Need to scroll down.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...-i-see-with-it
    (0)
    Last edited by Unleashhell; 08-05-2011 at 05:33 AM.

None of these points address the issue of damage generating too much enmity, making it frustratingly difficult to hold hate off of any heavy DD. Enmity formulas do not scale well into modern end game, particularly Abyssea. Worse yet, even if PLD is suddenly able to keep hate at a reasonable rate, so what? These days, any melee with shadows can be cure bombed and function as a proper tank for a large majority of fights. The difference between PLD/NIN and any other melee/NIN is marginal at best. There's very little that sets PLD apart in terms of taking damage. A PLD might die in 10 hits instead of 8, but that's hardly a noticeable difference. Meanwhile, NIN MNK THF and DNC all have means of avoiding damage all together, and damage that is unavoidable is no more avoidable on PLD. In short, taking no damage > taking some damage.

If PLD is going to be able to hold a place among the modern "tank", then they need to be able to gain and keep enmity for the large majority of a given fight, and they need to be able to consistently mitigate a substantial amount of damage, beyond once every 5 minutes, once every 2 hours, or through uncontrolled armor set procs, and without the use of a relic or empyrean shield.
    (5)

Character
    Defiledsickness
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    they need to just make pld usable again. increase dmg enough that you can play pld without gimping your party. dnc has high curing/eva/dt- and subtle blow to keep it a decent job (if not needed). nin has huge eva+shadows+migawari. thf has the most eva and TH. so pld is only useful for VW or magic resist builds.

this means i'll never finish pld because when will i ever play it? i cant skill up shield or parry atm unless i go solo and why would i waste time doing that? and im definitely not wasting time farming seals or +2 items or go get the empy/relic shields.

so pld will stay a job used only by people who had it for 5+ years. so give us a migawari spell with recast/duration that allow you to full-time it. and we need to be able to self-skillchain and magic burst holy so we can dd. sam/dnc/blu have abilities to do this, it wont hurt to let pld.

-oh ya and mnk is a better face tank then us cuz of HP. pld is just lame atm
    (2)
    Last edited by Defiledsickness; 08-05-2011 at 06:01 AM.

Character
    Golovko
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    As someone else who isn't a PLD, this isn't the main problem. Paladins do lose some Enmity when hit but they get it back very quickly; the real issue is that melees and BLMs do so much damage now that they hit the hate cap very quickly and stay there. Without giving players some way to get rid of Cumulative Enmity or allowing PLDs to exceed the hate cap, boosting PLD Enmity gain is not going to help.
    LALALA WE CAN'T HEAR YOU
    (3)

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast