Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17
    Character
    Rewyen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 70
    That's unfortunate because I came back and didn't have this issue, and now that I'm on the higher end of the level scale, I actually LOOK for new players or lower level returning players who need help or someone to randomly murder bunnies with, but then that's me. I enjoy the base game elements and the camaraderie and like to share that. Even if you find only one person you can play this game with, it's worth it.
    (0)
    I do not apologize for my sarcasm, I just ask that you have a damn sense of humor. I'm the comic relief, dammit!

Character
    Berjik
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 76
    Hi all,

I just re-subbed last night after a 2 year hiatus. Still reading about and catching up on current going on's in the game. I just got my first traverser stone, this evening I'll be going for the warp points. Probably not the best place to ask but I am looking for a friendly LS to join on FENRIR. I'm willing to help in anyway possible. Send me a /tell (Berjik) if you are recruiting. I'm interested in any form of playing from old school to learning the Abyssea/VW content.
    (0)

Character
    Izilude
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 16
    I saw this thread when I first came to the boards looking to get back into FFXI...
    And, I can really say at first I was a little worried...

After only a week playing, having 2 LS, friends to help, and having some random person hand me 200k just because he was passing me by as I was doing pages in Gustaberg... I can safely say it seems the OP is full of crap.
    (3)

Character
    Havesh
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 17
    To anyone being overwhelmed by the game, and unable to find people to connect with, I suggest that you send me a tell, and I'll see what I can do to help you/find you a linkshell, or whatever you need. I'm a returning player myself, but have played the game for about a year and a half in total. And the systems that make up this game is what I consider one of the best mmorpg experiences I've ever had. So I'm invested to try and make the game work, both for me, and anyone else willing to learn.

Mind you, I have somewhat high standards for grouping, but I won't shy away from giving advice to friendly players who will accept it.

My character on Carbuncle is called Havesh.
    (0)

Character
    Psxpert
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I will help anyone new or who is returning(whether from last year or from 05), just come to Sylph and I'll give you a pearl.

Maybe servers need to be managed better and titled for the right type of player. Mixing in with the wrong group can be a detriment to your game schedule. SE needs to look into this or not, if the community will step it up to make a change! You're not playing just for your self but for everyone.

We can't segregate ourselves just for end-gamers... go back and re-do old content and educate the new/returning players because FFvi has change alot and will continue to change in the future(with or without you/me).

Since I've played from '04 I'm well grounded but if I had to start from scratch again, I think it would be safe to choose a server where the ratio of new/returning players is greater. This is exactly how servers should be designed.
    (0)
    "With the POWER of Taru...!"

@@@~'~~~;SYLPH WORLD;~~~,~@@@

Character
    Rewyen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 70
    I don't know anymore. Asura used to be the place to be. I see new players all the time, but I never see them a week later. I think the game itself is best played by returning players or those who never left. New players seem to just get frustrated quickly and vanish. Maybe the servers need to be reorganized so players have a better chance of finding like minded individuals to adventure with. Who knows. The main reason I haven't logged in since the end of January is because after about ten minutes, I'm bored to tears, no one is on and there is literally nothing to do outside of Abyssea. I helped a few newer players with quests and what not, but I've seen even they are still on the lower rung because no one wants to take 30 minutes out of waiting for six hours to just help a fellow player. Sad.
    (0)
    I do not apologize for my sarcasm, I just ask that you have a damn sense of humor. I'm the comic relief, dammit!

Character
    Psxpert
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rewyen View Post
    I don't know anymore. Asura used to be the place to be. I see new players all the time, but I never see them a week later. I think the game itself is best played by returning players or those who never left. New players seem to just get frustrated quickly and vanish. ...
    ...there is literally nothing to do outside of Abyssea.
    IRL I'm a persistent player/person with grit, I'm independent and at the same time self-denying for many reasons but I'll scale it down to this, "I give help to those who might remember me later". The over all fact that some players leave is because, this is not their style of game. If it's all self serving addiction of getting to the top and racing to get all the good stuff instead of the joy of being a community, what's the point if your not part of an organization/ linkshell?

I feel you Rewyen, when life slaps you in the face or you just want to escape to the MMO world, what better reason than to be in Vana diel and make long lasting friendships? That's the basis of why this game lasted so long and proof of that lay in historical events and online media. This MMO sells itself and true veterans know it.
    (1)
    "With the POWER of Taru...!"

@@@~'~~~;SYLPH WORLD;~~~,~@@@

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17