Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

WARNING - New Players or Players thinking of coming back - Consider this first.

I have come to find out that the community in-game is not helpful or friendly one bit. They seem to be very clique oriented and will IGNORE you because you do not have 7 jobs to 90 or have not been playing for 8 years like them. Not to mention the language barrier cuts the already dwindling population of people online even further (The other half are gil farmers.)

IF YOU ARE THINKING OF STARTING BACK I RECOMMEND YOU CONSIDER THIS:

You will need to solo the majority of a game NOT MEANT for soloing. You will not be able to do missions, get a subjob before level 30+ (normally lvl18), level at any respectable rate, and forget about unlocking jobs because it more than likely will not happen without paying people in-game HUGE amounts of gil (YOU WILL BE DIRT POOR) or unless you have been lucky enough to get into a linkshell but even then that promises nothing.

Its funny how a dying games community can be so shallow and cold towards new players. You would think that they would appreciate new players more since it keeps all their level 90 jobs somewhat relevant and keeps THEIR game populated. Instead its just the opposite its about who you know rather than what you know or do that makes or breaks you in this game currently and it will only get worse by the day.

If soloing a un-soloable game is your thing, play this game. If being ignored by other players because they do not know you is your thing, play this game. If playing a game where you can not unlock anything solo but a chocobo at the appropriate level is your thing, play this game. If not, I suggest you play WoW (a game you can solo if needed and can actually find a party) or even... FFXIV, which I have not played yet and with this SE game experience will more than likely not.
    (21)

Ya know, I have been seeing that is far too true and that really sucks. I have been trying to get a party but have had no luck. The funny thing is that I am not the only one having issues. Maybe all the new or low level players should band together. It makes a lot more sense than trying to get the older players to join us. Maybe we should all pick a server and join up.
    (6)

I want to add also that struggling new players is not a new occurrence and I don't want people thinking I am just 'whining' and bashing. I like/want to like this game and I am pretty determined to MAKE it work. Their are just glaring faults that frustrated me a bit.

@Zelke - You should come to Odin if your not heavily invested in your server yet like I am. I only have a 20 THF so the other 5 starting jobs are fair game :P. I can also help out a bit on starting gear and what-not. Also, I was in Valkrum earlier looking for help with getting my subjob items and there was only 21 people there (11 of them were 45+ x_X) and no one would help I even tried to bribe some to no avail xD.
    (0)

That actually works out since I have a friend on Odin, I think. Lol also I play as a WM anyways. I think the maintenance starts soon so it will be after that. I have no attachments to my current character anyway.

Also are there a lot of people on Odin? There capped out at a little over 2000 in Asura on a good day.
    (0)

I've seen it spike at 3300 but I am starting to think its predominantly Japanese since its all I see usually (which isnt a problem other than I do not speak or read it ) and I don't want to have to autofill everything I type. So I might go to yours instead in an hour or or when I finish getting my chocobo license.
    (0)

Character
    Tohihroyu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    When I see newbs "Struggling" I go & see what help they need, even for missions (well depending cause I only have Bastok Rank 10 & Windurst Rank... 4 or 5) I find helping others to be...dare I say the dreaded three letter word...fun? but 9/10 the newbs who join quit within a month because they found they are NOT playing Final Fantasy XI they are playing Abyssea XI.

I have difficulty recommending this game to friends due to how it is now :/
    (3)

@Tohihroyu - Well, I'm glad someone helps :P. I think there's an ugly truth facing this game that people will not like and would rather the game be canceled than see it happen, which is there has to be FAR less servers. No one wants to hear that because they will lose their name, have to reconnect with friends, people will quit because they have to go to a new server with their level 90s (poor them), and etc. Which is understandable to not want any of that, after all the hard work and years put in but spacing their entire game population to where its only about 2k per/server kills the experience and turns the game into a chat room and does not support population growth at all. It's actually quite counter productive and will ultimately be the reason the game will die. So instead of biting the ego bullet they would rather let it sit so only 'they' can enjoy the game. Which means they would lose everything instead of just changing =/.
    -Sorry for this long random reply
    (1)

Well let me know what you decide and I will either add a new character on Odin or wait for you to come over to Asura lol. If the maintenance isn't now then I will be on soon.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by ZelkeDarkwings View Post
    Well let me know what you decide and I will either add a new character on Odin or wait for you to come over to Asura lol. If the maintenance isn't now then I will be on soon.
    It costs $25 for me to switch X_X I just looked it up, I don't know why but I thought it was cheaper. It would be so much easier if you came here for me financially at least. If thats possible. I'm sorry about the late reply Zelke.

EDIT: We are going to make a LS as well
    (0)
    Last edited by Tunechi; 07-26-2011 at 09:43 AM. Reason: More information

Well I can't transfer my character but I will gladly make a new one since its only $1 extra a month, and I like having a few characters anyways. I think if they lowered the cost a bit since its been out for a while then many more people would join up. I will go ahead and make a new one and we can start from there if that's okay.
    (0)

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast