Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kingofswords
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    You need to stop. I use it which puts me outside the norm. I am done responding to your BS. Please stop trying to divert everyone's attention from issues that need to be addressed to make the game better.
    (0)
    The Original Blue Mage

I'm not the one derailing it...I'm just responding to you. I first posted in agreement to another poster against your negative comment to that post, and then this took off because of your refusal to admit simple logic. I reference the threads that were the catalyst:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post160955
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post160853

Again, if you wan't it to stop... you need to stop, which you say you have. Hopefully that will hold true, as the record does show that these exisitng features can benefit users much like an in-game bulletin board could IF they would just use them.
    (0)
    Last edited by RAIST; 08-03-2011 at 12:57 PM.
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Inafking View Post
    good luck getting "JP ONRY" to use Romaji so you can read / translate what they say.
    Have you tried? Doubtful, many japanese players are very good with you, if you put in some effort..
    (0)

hmmm...interesting tidbit from a wiki about romaji:
    All Japanese who have attended elementary school since World War II have been taught to read and write romanized Japanese. Therefore, almost all Japanese are able to read and write Japanese using rōmaji.
    Idk how awkward it may be for them to type it through their FFXI client--but at least they can read your responses.
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIST View Post
    hmmm...interesting tidbit from a wiki about romaji:

Idk how awkward it may be for them to type it through their FFXI client--but at least they can read your responses.
    Well, its not too bad, on most japanese keyboards, you can type using the English Alphabet (romaji) and it automatically turns it into the characters, then after a few quick clicks, can keep it on romaji. My computer is set to japanese mode, and there are keyboard shortcuts to keep it in a certain mode, such as katakana, romaji (direct input), Hiragana, the computer then brings up like a dictionary sub section where you choose which spelling (characters) you mean to use.. sounds confusing, but its very quite simple
    (0)

Character
    Kingofswords
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yokoh View Post
    Have you tried?
    I have tried getting them to (Please use the auto-translate function.) 99% of the time the response is (no thanks).
    (0)
    The Original Blue Mage

Truthfully I'm not entirely convinced a Bulletin board is going to work.

If people don't help people shouting, and don't use /seacoms, what makes you think someones going to use the Bulletin board, when the rewards from it seem meh, and even so new players are forced to work for points to put up requests.

In theory one might think "New players help new players = points for their own request" in practice its "I'm out of points and i dont wanna do XXX so I'll just shout for 2 hours then quit the game" like it is now.

A Bulletin board would need more rewards than "Bulletin bux" points to post quests for it to be any better than shouting or /seacoms. Now, I know you explained it before, but can you explain to me again specifically what rewards someone would get from helping a new player?

If its nothing big, Then it won't fix the problem, I'll help new players when I can, but most people won't unless its rewarding to them, in the same light, a Bulletin board with little/no reward won't fix the problem at all, it'll just be a Chocobo Races-level Ghost town with the occasional nub quest posted.

Furthermore most new players can barely reach jeuno by level 18, How are they going to get to Port Jeuno to post a Quest for sub job items when they cant even get to Jeuno?

I think the Bulletin board should be linked to all nations similar to Auction house system for that example.
    (1)

Character
    Kingofswords
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    If people don't help people shouting, and don't use /seacoms, what makes you think someones going to use the Bulletin board
    1 word (reward). They get gil, items, or the ability to post for their own help. But this is not the Buliten Board thread, anyone who wants to comment on that idea should do so there. This thread is about the problem, that thread is about the solution.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...Bulliten-Board
    (0)
    The Original Blue Mage

I read that, And it still makes 0 sense.

What items? Beetle Jaws? Insect Wings? Potions?

How much gil?

The system would need to be pretty rewarding for your idea to work is what im saying. You think people who ignore noobs now will suddenly help them because theres a Fire Cluster in store for them? no.

You act like this game is full of assholes/people who won't help, and honestly expect those types of players to go out of their way for piddly rewards? This won't do anything but help the people who are already helping new players. In essence it won't add any new people to the system, just help those already using the system.

I.E its not a solution, unless the rewards were significant, at which point i don't think SE would implement it because they don't like giving us things like that. Knowing them helping someone complete their 18 cap quest will give you a Cotton Cloth (Get it, bogy's drop them)

Edit: I'm not bumping that thread, this one is relevant, and I'm talking about your posts here. Your idea is that bulletin board, and i don't think it will work. prove me wrong here, and then just copy it there.
    (1)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 08-04-2011 at 12:59 AM.

Character
    Kingofswords
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I don't have access to all the data I need to balance it correctly. What I've posted is a general idea.
    (0)
    The Original Blue Mage

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast