Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Cymmina
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Do you know how long it actually takes to fish up 200 fish (not counting multiples via sabiki rig)? That's about 4-6 hours, depending on bite rate. If you're telling me that you fish to fatigue on a regular basis without botting, I'm going to call you a liar. Considering things like Ahtapots/Grims, Black Sole/Dil, and Bastore Bream/Mercanbaligi average 650 to an NPC, that's a shitload of gil coming into the economy (which is more damaging than selling an item to another player, where the amount of currency in circulation stays the same).

Skilling up multiple accounts/characters is a big time investment for RMT, but they'll do it if it is the best time/gil/effort ratio. Remember how gardening used to be awesome for gil, and the RMTs all flocked to it? Remember how many legitimate players got banned because they had multiple gardening mules? SE has traditionally done a poor job at differentiating between RMT and the average player. I'd rather the caps stay as they are than risk more aggressive detection measures be put in place. It's better for the economy, and it's better for the players.

If anyone should be crying about their daily limit, it should be diggers. Digging is capped at 100 (without Blue Racing Silks), and pretty much everything that used to be worth digging (ie. ores, thanks Abyssea!) isn't anymore. It takes about an hour to dig up 100 items once you rank up enough to get a 1 second delay. On top of the 100 item limit, zones get dug up incredibly fast and the restock rate is much slower than it is for fishing. Did I mention how slowly you rank up due to the low digging cap?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by JackDaniels View Post
    Lolol try gathering in ffxiv pre-fatigue kibosh
    I've no idea what you just said o.O

It regards some XIV thing. I never played it. Bad reviews and all.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Cymmina View Post
    Do you know how long it actually takes to fish up 200 fish (not counting multiples via sabiki rig)? That's about 4-6 hours, depending on bite rate. If you're telling me that you fish to fatigue on a regular basis without botting, I'm going to call you a liar.
    I personally don't take that long to fish, legitimately, but I'm talking moat carp, easy fatigue with a decent skill level. It don't take but 3 hours maximum to fish up 200.

Considering things like Ahtapots/Grims, Black Sole/Dil, and Bastore Bream/Mercanbaligi average 650 to an NPC, that's a shitload of gil coming into the economy (which is more damaging than selling an item to another player, where the amount of currency in circulation stays the same).
    I don't think fishing up more than 200 fish on a single character per day will change a thing, being I can fish up more tan 200 fish per day already, using multipule characters. The only thing it effects is my RL income.

Remember how gardening used to be awesome for gil, and the RMTs all flocked to it?
    No.

Remember how many legitimate players got banned because they had multiple gardening mules?
    I remember reading about it. Sucked to be them, eh?

I'd rather the caps stay as they are than risk more aggressive detection measures be put in place. It's better for the economy, and it's better for the players.

If anyone should be crying about their daily limit, it should be diggers.
    So you're anti fishing, and pro digging. I get it.

Look, I don't care what RMT do. Heck, are there even RMT anymore these days? If so, are they fishing?
    (1)

Character
    Graystone
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabby View Post
    I've no idea what you just said o.O

It regards some XIV thing. I never played it. Bad reviews and all.
    Haha sorry, I was a little inebriated. Nothing says classy like a Tequila-Tuesday liquid lunch

What I meant to say was..

'You should have tried gathering in FFXIV before they got rid of the fatigue system.'
    It was a lot worse than what the fishing cap is in FFXI now.
    (0)

===========Don't make me kick your butt into next Watersday!===========

Player
    You go against your name?! For shame.

I did hear how horrible the fishing was in XIV. I think I had the possiblity to try the game even though it was getting bad reviews, until I heard fishing sucked. Sealed the deal.

This MMO's fishing is possibly the best fishing in a MMO I've seen.

Anyways, raise limit of fish caught or remove it, and all that.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Yeah, I was on Alpham and ßetas thereafter and have kept an eye on it a bit but that's all another story now.

It really is not difficult at all to regularly fish up the maximum amount (not saying I ever did it daily and even less so for weeks). I'd often play the guitar or other instrument(s), or do whatever else I might be able to, while not reeling a fishy in.
    Granted, the character would at times just stand there doing nothing at times while I couldn't bother doing anything for a while and thus made it take longer than it had to, but that's how I fish.
    I don't stare at the screen for hours on and only think about the next fish; I chat and multi-task otherwise.

I usually like to do something specific for a long time straight, instead of an hour of this, an hour of that, and then 2 hours of something else, and so on. No, I rather stick with something specific for as long as I feel like, then do something else. With fishing, one big reason for this is that my storage/inventory is always full, just few spaces in total usually, so if I go fishing I clear it up for just that, and it's an effort in itself.

But yeah, enough of that.

I gotta mention that I do like digging, too, as well as the other chocobo-related activities, and wish they would get rejuvenated as well as they are very limiting indeed!
    But that would be a story of another thread. ^^
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Elgato
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    I couldn't agree with the OP more. Maybe a daily cap had a use once, but not anymore. I can't remember the last time I saw an RMT fishing, they've moved on. Really though, I don't even care about RMT fishers. They're much less annoying than RMT spamming NM's and good abyssea camps.
    (0)

Character
    Capriciousone
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienmonkey View Post
    It's not free to fish them. How come every other person I run across in xi doesn't understand that time is money?
    1. Because they have a job to make that money.
    2. They have goals beyond just making a profit off everything they do
    3. Are probably in the belieft that if I take the time to do it myself and not be lazy I dont have BUY anything off the ah and therefore is free becuase he doesnt lose money paying for overpriced crap on the ah.
    4. [Related to point 3] the gil saved from not have to buy off ah is a form of profit in it self because the money saves is pocketed and doesnt have to be replenished from making said purchase wasting more time.

Personally i dont care for fishing and skilling it up is awful. I dont see me ever getting like even 100 fish per day because it is too boring to me to even keep at long enough to accomplish. Besides I would only go fishing to supply the fish I need to make fish mithkabobs anyway and beyond that I dont think I would bother with it any more anyway.

I must agree however that there are other ways to combat RMT. A simple IP and MAC address ban for like 1 year would do it as this information is readily available to the servers upon log in. Just put their IP address and then thier MAC addresses from there networking equipment on the Deny Access list and be done with it. IP addresses are harder to change and usually require purchasing another from your isp which isnt cheap to do especially since RMT is most likely using mulitple computers to be reasonable profitable. The MAC address of the network doesnt usually change but in some instances could be overwritten on the router but not the actual devices behind the routers.

Also could put a watchlist on those RMT offenders credit cards and deny them service that way as well. I'm sure there are other ways but those I figured would be easy to do if they arent doing it already since the structure is practically already in place to make it work.
    (0)
    Last edited by CapriciousOne; 08-20-2011 at 02:03 AM.

Character
    Meeowmix
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    "SE didn't punish them, so they punished the players"

This is the SE way. Honest players play by the rules and only get screwed over for it.

Everything the reasonably smart people here are sayn is more or less true.

Bots are still a problem. See my inflation post. aka NPC for gilz...

Its not fair to punish real players. yet here we are.

This should be the place to complain and be herd but not gonna hold my breath considering filing complaints aginst cheaters with s.t.f.u. takes months and some cases years of daily complaints... salvage ban... HNM pop items... Too little too late... And it hardly refunds the time we all lose to them. The whole time is $ agrument is some what pointless when a bot loses no time and makes $. Real players lose time and $.

In reguards to the fishing cap... Just wait tillya only catch bigh fish all day.. the wait timer craps out about 80-100 fish. Then it is easy to cap out every day in an easy 6-8 hrs. I love to fish too but it sucks I'm only allowed 1/3 ish of any given say to do so.. So you are definately not alone.
    (0)

Character
    Meeowmix
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    capri makes very valid points that will never happen because SE would have to pay more $ to make it happen.. Definately not in the SE business plan.
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast