Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

Only 200 fish per day is not fair.

I really do not think increasing the rate at which skill is gained is needed. I don't think it's unfair that you need 10k moat for a Lu. I do think the fishing cap limit is complete bull. I like to fish in this game, and I feel almost cheated that I am forced to stop because of what RMT "use" to do. SE didn't punish them, so they punished the players.

I actually made a second character, leveled it a good while just so I could continue to fish. My guess is that is what RMT did too to continue to fish also, which really makes the decision to cap fish one can catch pointless.

All the cap makes, nay, forces us to do, is to spend money to buy another content ID, in order to enjoy this aspect of gameplay.
    (2)

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    200 a day??? Is that possible?

Dispite having nearly every singel craft complete, i cant stand to fish up more then 2 fish at a time before being annoyed and stopping lol.
    (3)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    It's actually very easy to 'cap' it, takes maybe ummm few hours if I remember right depending of how much you pay attention to the game.
    This is of course without using cheats, which I never did since I like to play my games... myself.

It's not very different from other anti-cheat limits really; they more than usually are a bigger annoyance to the honest players than they are a fix against the cheaters, who always find new ways to get things with less effort, no matter what.

Gathering materials for all the other crafts is actually most of the time a lot more annoying or/and tedious to me, always was and especially these days when the materials are usually not found from the Auction House (though I would gather my own materials if I only could).

This is really the worst kind of limits that I do so hate. Similar to time limits for events like Assault, and the likes.
    And that is because I have had a lot of time to use, and if I choose to use the whole day into something, I would like to be able to do just that, not being limited be it 'to protect my eyes' or because of 'anti-cheat measures'.
    This particular limit indeed does not limit the cehaters much, since they likely are using multiple accounts and characters anyways.

Of course it makes it a little bit harder, but I'm not sure if it's really worth it due to the annoyance to the honest player(s). The cheaters will cheat nevertheless.

In short: I agree, it is an annoying limit.
    Many a time I was annoyed by it when I was actively fishing, though I would just go do something else then. Still, I would have probably been fishing a lot more, and I'd probably have the Lu Shang's, and a lot higher skill level (being near the 50 now). And I would have liked to be able to do that.
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Player
    That's even if you can stand going the full 200 fish limit. They start to increase the recast time between casts at around 150ish fish caught, and it progressively gets worse,as well as more frequent you catch nothing messages.

What on God's green earth is this for?! To let me know I am getting close to 200? Do they think we can't count? I can't think of one logical reason why not only must they limit how I have fun in this game, but slow it down before reaching said limit.

Ugh, sometimes I just don't know what they are thinking. But here's hoping a developer will read this and it will get changed.

/rolleyes
    (0)

Character
    Graystone
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    The reason why they cap fishing is because of RMT. If they didn't cap it, and people still actually bought gil, you would only be making a fraction of the profit you are making now, ie: 3-4k/ stack of moat carp.
    (0)

===========Don't make me kick your butt into next Watersday!===========

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by JackDaniels View Post
    The reason why they cap fishing is because of RMT. If they didn't cap it, and people still actually bought gil, you would only be making a fraction of the profit you are making now, ie: 3-4k/ stack of moat carp.
    I'm not sure if you just did not read my post, or if you have had too much of what your name says, but yes, we know why they capped it, friend. Further reading would also have told you that cap does not stop those like RMT, because they use multipule characters and/or accounts to continue to abuse the system.

But thank you, Jack, for contributing to the disscussion!
    (2)

Character
    Raucent
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    heh for SE it is a semi fix fpr two reasons

1 the cap 200 a day fishbots cant go 24/7

2 if the RMT make more characters that is more $$ for SE from the RMTs
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Raucent View Post
    heh for SE it is a semi fix fpr two reasons

1 the cap 200 a day fishbots cant go 24/7

2 if the RMT make more characters that is more $$ for SE from the RMTs

But fishbots can go 24/7, just switch to another character or account. Solves their problem.

And don't forget us players that want to fish more than 200 fish a day, we also pay to have extra characters to fish with. SE profits, and legit players lose out. GG!
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    On the note of making less profit; I never really sold my fish in the Auction House. I mainly used my fish into either quests and/or other crafts, such as cooking or alchemy and whatnots.

My point is that the anti-cheat measures should not be hurting the honest player(s) as much as they sadly too (it happens everywhere though, not just in Final Fantasy XI and I know it is tricky to balance these things).

It may be weird, but I'm not really thinking about the Gil I could be making while fishing. I probably would be if I had it at level 100 or higher, but I do it a lot to get materials for other crafts really, as I mentioned, and this is where these limits hurt me a lot and I don't think it should be needed.
    I work for myself, so to speak, so the limits that are imposed over me do not mean anything to the economy of the server either, since I don't buy things from the Auction House as long as I can get what I need by myself, and I usually can.

I think there should be another way to go around this.
    (1)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Graystone
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabby View Post
    I'm not sure if you just did not read my post, or if you have had too much of what your name says, but yes, we know why they capped it, friend. Further reading would also have told you that cap does not stop those like RMT, because they use multipule characters and/or accounts to continue to abuse the system.

But thank you, Jack, for contributing to the disscussion!
    Apparently I needed to reiterate the blatantly obvious. I'm sorry I couldn't have contributed something worth while to your pointless qq thread about a feature that you know very well is is in place for anti RMT purposes. Buy moat carp from other fishers to supliment lost time post fish-cap? If you cap your catches and buy as much as you catch (especially on your main and alt), you should have your lushang rod in no time, relatively speaking.. We all know whining about things doesn't mean that SE is going to make big changes, look at Summoner for instance, the red headed step child of the job system.
    (1)

===========Don't make me kick your butt into next Watersday!===========

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast