Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by JackDaniels View Post
    Apparently I needed to reiterate the blatantly obvious.
    No, you didn't need to, you just did. It was already stated so, thus your post was rather pointless.

I'm sorry I couldn't have contributed something worth while to your pointless qq thread
    Apology accepted. Just try to contribute to a disscussion rather than padding your post count in the future.

a feature that you know very well is is in place for anti RMT purposes.
    And how is that stopping RMT exactly? Makes them create another character to fish with? Can't say it really does stop them from anything. Can you?

Buy moat carp from other fishers to supliment lost time post fish-cap? If you cap your catches and buy as much as you catch (especially on your main and alt), you should have your lushang rod in no time, relatively speaking..
    Yes you can buy them, but, its free to fish them. Wasting gil on what I can already do is rather pointless. It saves time, but if I was concerned about how I spent my time, I wouldn't play video games, particularly an MMO.

We all know whining about things doesn't mean that SE is going to make big changes, look at Summoner for instance, the red headed step child of the job system.
    Welcome to the forums. Take a look around, it's full of QQ. But since I pay for their service, and they offer a forum to communicate with other players, and it's view by game developers, I'd say this is exactly the place to "whine" about a game feature you don't agree with.

Can you honestly say that this feature to prevent RMT works, and is a good idea?
    (3)

Character
    Graystone
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Wow you need a life outside of FFXI, friend.
    (0)

===========Don't make me kick your butt into next Watersday!===========

Player
    Witty comeback, truly. However I do just fine, I assure you.

My desire to voice an opinion on a game feature signals to you that I need a life outside the game?

Regardless, you refuse to answer the simple questions I directed at you.
    (0)

Character
    Graystone
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabby View Post
    1) How is that stopping RMT exactly?
    2) Makes them create another character to fish with?
    3) Can't say it really does stop them from anything. Can you?
    4) Can you honestly say that this feature to prevent RMT works, and is a good idea?
    1) Any and every obsticle that hinders RMT gil making dissuades them from sticking around. IIRC there was a massive write up by the STF around the time that this fishing cap was placed going into great detail about their attempts to thwart RMT activities.
    2) Yes: See above
    3) You can't really say that it's not helping, can you? Proof please, or else this point is moot.
    4) Yes I do think it's a good idea. How would you propose that the STF handle this? Please tell me about your extensive history in this field of MMO development.
    (0)

Player
    I'll give you my resume if you give me yours, friend.

I won't debate the need to hinder those that are RMT, and those that cheat to win. I think we can both agree it's a needed effort. However this particular avenue cannot succeed, it only forces them to work around it, I.E, create and use multipule characters and accounts.

I can not give you factual data, nor can you give me. Yet a logical person can only agree that this particular feature does not stop anyone from fishing only 200 fish a real life day. I prove that simply by fishing on multipule characters. Therefore the proper solution is to either increase, or remove this fishing cap so us honest players do not have to pay an extra fee in order to enjoy the game feature of fishing.

If you cannot see that as plain as day, then you are lost on it's meaning, and this arguement is moot. We must just agree to disagree on the matter.
    (1)

Player
    It's not free to fish them. How come every other person I run across in xi doesn't understand that time is money?
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Alienmonkey View Post
    It's not free to fish them. How come every other person I run across in xi doesn't understand that time is money?
    Good question!

I'm concerned why everyone in FFXI feels we need to suffer for actions of RMT, instead of relying on the company to actually ban those people instead of nerfing every single players gaming experience because of it.

Yes, It was an RMT counter-action, RMT aren't going to start flooding back into FFXI because Fishing was un-nerfed.

They can unnerf fishing now. Even if they dont want to unnerf it completely, maybe limit it to 500 fish a day?
    (1)

Player
    I can fully admit, 200 fish can be a lot when adding in a persons normal day to day. I have a wife and child, and work full time. I can do the fishing I need to obtain moats for a Lu, and that's about my day in the game. However when I can do more, weekends, holidays, or whenever possible, I can easily do more.

It's the fact the game tells me I can no longer enjoy this as a way to past the time, when no other feature in the game does so. I can level a job, skill up crafts, run quests and missions, all with no limit other than my own.

This is my plight. I am forced not to enjoy this at my leasure like I can everything else.
    (2)

Character
    Urat
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    200 fish a day = 50 days to get lu shangs.

Sounds like a lot, but if you fish in the right places you can skillup while working on lu shangs. You don't need lu shangs until level 50~60, and most people average 1-2 levels a day.

Ergo: If you fish in the right spots, you'll end up getting your lu shangs just as you ding into the mid50s, which is when it's even worthwhile having.

Don't bother getting lu shangs at level 11, you don't actually need it.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Ur...Skilling_Guide
    (1)

Character
    Graystone
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabby View Post
    I'll give you my resume if you give me yours, friend.

I won't debate the need to hinder those that are RMT, and those that cheat to win. I think we can both agree it's a needed effort. However this particular avenue cannot succeed, it only forces them to work around it, I.E, create and use multipule characters and accounts.

I can not give you factual data, nor can you give me. Yet a logical person can only agree that this particular feature does not stop anyone from fishing only 200 fish a real life day. I prove that simply by fishing on multipule characters. Therefore the proper solution is to either increase, or remove this fishing cap so us honest players do not have to pay an extra fee in order to enjoy the game feature of fishing.

If you cannot see that as plain as day, then you are lost on it's meaning, and this arguement is moot. We must just agree to disagree on the matter.
    Lolol try gathering in ffxiv pre-fatigue kibosh
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast