Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Fabby, if you increase the amount of fish people can catch in a day it would indirectly increase the number of bots. It would also squash the amount of profits that crafters are able to make, namely cooks.

RMT fish to make real money. When you limit the amount of fish they can catch, you also limit their profits and their numbers go down. Go to youtube and search for "Batallia fish bots" and click the 1 minute video with the title in japanese. A good look at how it used to be before they added patrols and limited the number of fish and items you could catch.

Now think about those hundreds of fishermen going all day long, stopping only for a few moments to trade stacks of fish to a runner who would go place them on auction or vendor the trash. I'm not sure if you do, but many fishermen supplement their gil income with cooking. Thousands of fish flooding the market has a direct impact on profits of other crafters or even you if you cook as well.

In the end I agree that it sucks that you are limited. Personally I couldn't fish for 3 hours a day, but if that's what floats your boat then you still have that opportunity. Sure you have to spend an extra dollar or two, but that is hardly worth being upset over.

If you are going to criticize, you should at least come up with a better suggestion. The limits may not seem fair, but the reason for those limits is obvious and for the most part, effective. Come up with a better idea and you might have something here.
    (0)

Character
    Aisaka
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    This cap affects low-level fishers more than high level.
    People like myself who have an Ebisu and all, and spend most of their fishing time catching Hakuryu/etc, rarely hit the 200 cap anymore.

However, I do wish they'd lift it -- 200/day was my hugest complaint for leveling Fishing and getting Lu.
    I bought my first Lu, but quested another one for the Key Item.
    At current, anyone with a friend who has an Ebisu can make their own Ebisu in a couple of days, given they have Serpent Rumors. Saves a lot of time in comparison to questing your Lu and going through the annoyance that is Gugrus without an Ebisu.

Overall...
    Limits that were meant to prevent RMT should be removed.
    This game HARDLY has any RMT anymore -- Gil flows way too easily now to require buying it. Your average player makes more than most RMTs do now.

Not to mention, RMTs only fishing 200 a day are harder to catch than RMTs that sit at the fishing spot for days at a time.
    (0)
    /人 ‿‿ 人\

Character
    Meeowmix
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    since the bot trolls got my other post locked. I'ma pigyback this one.

inflation, you can have this
    Ever hear the old horror stories of a few years back. SH@10m SH+1@50m. 50m strider boots. 90m thief knifes and so on.

Most people duno why it happened so allow me to explain.

It use to be that anyone that wanted gil could go to rabo and fish up rusty caps and sell them to any NPC for 3k ish gil. Sure it isnt much but if you fished all day you could make 1m easy.

So SE nerfs it. Once again se changes things to make them worse.

Now you need lv 25 ish smithing to turn rusty cap into padded cap and then you can sell it for 3k ish gil. Problem solved right? LOL @ SE.. Now light crystals are 12-15k a stack and people can still turn out 1m ish gill cauz by now we have mog enhancement furnishing that increase item bite rate.

So after about 18 mos of this. What do you see when you zone into rabo.. Shoulder to shoulder players all the way arround the pond. No joke you could not find a open space 99% of the time you just fish behind someone.

prices go crazy because by now the RMTs are all over this and people were geting gil for like 5/1m. SE nerfs this for good.

One would think SE would have learned something by now.. but no..

present day. Go out to beacu glacier and see for your self. Lots of fish bots there. Reguardless of who is or isnt boting... prices per fish is 10k to any npc. 80-100 fish a day easy. In another 6-12 mos or so im sure it will be packed with people fishing. Even if it was only 50 people turning out 1m a day.. that is still 350m a week. X 2-3 years it will take SE to wake up and realise we have a problem.

Start pinching those gilz.. Gonna need all ya can get soon enough.

Dont get me wrong.. I'm 100 fishing and after years of watching low LV fishers/bots get rewarded for being lazy at things like rusty caps and devil manta. It sure woulda been nice to have a $ fish for LV 100 fishers.. too bad SE caters to bots. Border line rewards them. I sure cant catch every one that bites my line even using an albatross ring. Bots dont even need the ring and fish them up in under 20 sec.

Am I the only one that feels like the people incharge know nothing about this game?
    (0)

Character
    Solbadgirl
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by user201108211515 View Post
    Am I the only one that feels like the people incharge know nothing about this game?
    Nope, but here's a nice phrase for you. "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em."

I think it is wrong to assume SE doesn't like botters, or that they are going to take any action towards them. You said yourself they are catering to them, so what's the problem? It would be nice for your server though if you would quit bringing in more ebisu rods, you're just making it worse for yourself.
    (0)
    Last edited by DebbieGibson; 08-23-2011 at 08:38 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4