Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Fiyaro
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The only one I have ever had issuse with is 1000 Needles, that spell is a pain to land for procs with the casting/recasting time as it is. Its hard on some mobs to land it while they are not doing tp moves or something else that makes it dirty.
    (0)

Character
    Fiarlia
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    Completely unrelated to the topic, but I see many people saying "process."

Proc is not short for Process. It's an acronym for Programmed Random OCcurrence.
    (1)

Character
    Kaliyah
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiarlia View Post
    Completely unrelated to the topic, but I see many people saying "process."

Proc is not short for Process. It's an acronym for Programmed Random OCcurrence.
    You're thinking of the wrong contextual use of the term "proc." Where the acronym you refer to has use within scientific, military, or certain short-hand slang it can also be short for: Process, processing, processor, Puerto Rican Operations Center, etc. In this contextual use of the term "proc" we are using it rather than typing out "process."

So while you are right, you are also wrong o.o Just cause you didn't look up the facts first.
    (2)

Character
    Fiarlia
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    Nope, it's not being short for process in this context, because that would be an incorrect definition of what happens.

Random events, programmed to happen, well, randomly. Paralyze procs, additional effects (for most stuff) procs, killer effects proc, weakness triggering are also random occurrences. Abyssea NM's aren't processed, nor is a weakness processed. Red can randomly be one of the known weaponskills, blue is random based on the time of claim/pop, grellow is random based on the day of claim/pop. For grellow, without discernment, we know it will randomly be one of 24 spells, with discernment and a couple casts we can narrow it down to 8, but which of the applicable spells (and weaponskills for other weaknesses) will always be random, and will also reset to a different random spell|weaponskill upon deaggo (not declaim, unless it is accompanied by a deaggro).

Triggering weaknesses of an Abyssea monster is a programmed random occurrence, despite how much we know about it and can easily force it to happen eventually (given availability of spell/weaponskills and/or deaggro and reclaim).
    (0)

Character
    Damagen
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I've had no problem myself proc.'ing Blitzstrahl, but had plenty of people shouting at me for stunning it while casting it when we don't know which spell it is because of the stun effect.

Never had a problem with 1000 Needles either. Hit myself with a Phen. Embrace and cast away, the closest to failing I guess is when it hits for less than 1k but can still proc. np.
    (0)
    Last edited by Damage; 04-04-2011 at 08:03 PM.
    -- DAMAGEN @ RAGNAROK --
    -THF-BLU-SMN-DRG-WAR-BST-

Character
    Quedari
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Damage View Post
    I've had no problem myself proc.'ing Blitzstrahl, but had plenty of people shouting at me for stunning it while casting it when we don't know which spell it is because of the stun effect.

Never had a problem with 1000 Needles either. Hit myself with a Phen. Embrace and cast away, the closest to failing I guess is when it hits for less than 1k but can still proc. np.
    I usually try to test blitz for very last, after all BLM, BRD, and other BLU spells have been checked because I don't want the stun to screw everyone else up, and there's a 7/8 chance that it's not blitz. And you people without problems with 1000 needles obviously haven't been casting it on the harder NMs. The tiger NM in a-uleg (which isn't really THAT hard) is immune to flash and 1000 needles (at least I've never managed to land it.) That's just one example I can remember. Also, Plenilune Embrace doesn't give Magic Accuracy, so casting it on yourself before casting 1000 needles does absolutely nothing.
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I will be honest... I've never had a problem with Blitzstrahl stunning. Wish I had a screenie to prove it, because right now it's a "he said this" without any sort of visible proof, but I have had the spell proc greyellow weakness and subsequently say that stun has worn off. I hadn't used any other stun moves in the meantime, so it had stuck and it had still procced.
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Kwate
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    Blitz proc will be obsolete end of thread.
    (0)

Player
    Didn't believe it myself until I had a problem with Emperador de Altepa, all other spells failed to proc and no message ruling out blitz, had to strip down and keep trying in Terra's Staff until stun didn't proc and grellow landed. Next update it'll be 'fixed' by making blitz no longer a weakness spell though.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3