Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    As far as new weapon skills, I was able to come up with this:

Tarantella (DNC exclusive)
    Paralyzes target with a frenzied two-hit dancing attack for which multiple hits become successively more effective. Chance of critical hit varies with TP. Additional Effect: Removes one negative status effect (Fusion / Fragmentation)
    fTP 2.0 Modifiers DEX 40% CHR 40%

This weapon skill would have the unique property in that additional hits would receive a 0.25n bonus to FTP for each hit of the weaponskill beyond the first.

As such, with no double attacks, the WS would hit thrice (while dual wielding) for an ftp of 4.75

Using "Striking Flourish" would put the WS at 2.0 + 1.25 + 1.5 + 1.75 +2.0 = 6.75 (6.4 average, considering accuracy)
    Using "Ternary Flourish" would put the WS at 2.0 + 1.25 + 1.5 + 1.75 + 2.0 + 2.25 = 8.0 (7.6 average, considering accuracy)

It is worth noting that if enough DA/TA were to process the total fTP of this WS would be 16 (15.2 average after accuracy), making it roughly twice as powerful as evisceration before considering the higher modifiers. You could make the coefficient of increase to fTP per multi-attack lower if you think this would be unbalanced. Anyway, some rationalizations because you may be WTFing at it currently.

1.) Paralysis was chosen because it would make this WS worth using occasionally, even unbuffed and adds a new debuff to DNC's arsenal. Strength should be roughly the same as Jubaku, perhaps even a bit more potent.
    2.) The WS was designed to be rather powerful because it has to compete with climactic Rudra's Storm
    3.) The WS attributes were chosen (Fusion/Fragmentation) to allow the WS to open and close Light skillchains, as well as create Fragmentation with Rudra's Storm, improving the Dancer's Skillchain arsenal to go along with our potent Skillchain Bonus trait.
    4.) The additional effect (removing one negative status effect) addresses the DNC's weakness status and the finicky nature of Healing Waltz.
    5.) The additional effect also refers to the name, Tarantella. For more information, check wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarante...past_and_today

For those of you who care enough to want to know, but not enough to click a hyperlink, here's the important part:

In the region of Taranto in Italy, the bite of a locally common type of wolf spider, named "tarantula" after the region), was popularly believed to be highly poisonous and to lead to a hysterical condition known as tarantism. The stated belief in the 16th and 17th centuries was that victims needed to engage in frenzied dancing to prevent death from tarantism using a very rhythmic and fast music. The particular type of dance and the music played became known as Tarantella.
    The nature and history of the real-world tarantella would open up some awesome opportunities for storyline intricacies if this were a quested weapon skill.
    6.) This weapon skill should be Dancer specific. Seem powerful? Other jobs will be jealous? No. Just make a new line of weapon skills which will be competitive for all jobs, with buffs that those jobs will appreciate. Give BRD a powerful, CHR and MND modfied, light-based magical WS so they can actually use all that MAB gear you throw at them. Give THF a powerful, new multi-hit naturally critical dagger WS that ignores defense and increases the probability that Treasure Hunter's effects will increase. These are just ideas, but this will be the last level increase: make the new WS count!
    7.) Sorry I'm always TL;DRing you with ideas. I just hope that they're actually going somewhere.
    (3)

i love it asy
    (0)

I've already said this earlier this thread, but I personally wouldn't mind if Ternary Flourish was DNC's version of dispel. Three dispels every two and a half minutes is enough for me,at least when it comes to soloing. (Not to mention incredible for ballista <_<;)

As for support abilities, Asymptotic's idea's are great and more than reasonable. One thing that could be an indicator of what these would do for DNC is SMN's ability Avatar's Favor, which adds an aura to their pet consuming extra MP. Ifrit's favor brings Double attack up 24%. I imagine this is the same for Ramuh's favor and critical hit rate at level 90, which also capped at 12% at level 75. Both of these are more potent than what we are asking for, but SMN aren't really sought out for these abilities. With its third roll, cor can have a more potent version of all three up at one time.

We could easily stack them, the same way we used to stack our haste samba with other forms of haste to push merit PTs over the edge, though. I don't know if this is something that would give DNC that extra thing it needs that makes a LS leader say "come DNC to voidwatch tonight." Maybe it is though!

Here are my ideas that I'd also like to throw out there:

Aura Ability Ideas

-high activation rate conserve TP aura(80~100%)
    -Increase critical hit damage aura
    -Increase multi-hit damage aura (includes multi hit WS?)
    -an aura that increases WS damage of pt members as time increases
    -A high triple attack or critical hit rate aura

I think it'd be good if DNC could recreatethe universal atma Razed Ruin for their party outside of abyssea between a Samba and this aura.

New Weapon Skill Ideas:

I'm personally interested in utility over damage. The idea of a dispel WS would be unique, especially if each hit added another dispel. Would be a one hit WS, off hand dagger would not be able to dispel. Seems a little over powered though lol... (as if any of my ideas aren't unbalanced o.O) TP would add extra hits. (200% 2 hit 300% 3 hit all on main hand dagger)

Perhaps a 2 hit WS that Deals some kind of status effect in increments of 5%. Each hit increases the strength of the debuff 5%. Ternary would bring it to 25% strength (whatever it is.) TP would influence duration of the status effect (2:00, 30, 30; 300%= 3:30) I'd personally like Slow or Paralyze. If it took 25% AGI that would increase our subtle blow significantly outside of abyssea, where we lack GH.

The gear enhancement to go with these would make Ternary triple attacks have 100% acc.

Job Specific merit revision ideas

Heck.. my post is so long I may as well write how I think they should edit fan dance, saber dance, and no foot rise while I'm here.... no one is probably reading this anyway xD.

Fan Dance and Saber Dance should be brought down to 3 minutes each.

Fan dance adds 2 MDB each merit

Saber Dance adds 1 Crit hit rate each merit

No foot rise is naturally 5 FM, each merit adds a regain effect for 36 seconds (adds up to the full three minutes 5/5, 60 tp)

I still have a lot more on my mind but this post is already way too TL;DR so I'll stop here... Thank you o.o;
    (0)
    Last edited by Richie; 09-09-2011 at 02:34 PM. Reason: forgot to explain second ws dynamics

Have to remember that at the end of the day, the devs only seem to listen to what the JP playerbase is saying. If they like it, it will be implimented, if they don't, it won't.
    If a suggestion arises that looks like what the English/German/French playerbase has recommended, it's 99% likely that someone also mentioned it in the JP threads.
    All of our responses are simply /translate of the original.
    (0)

The JP aren't really saying anything different from what we are though. They are asking for most of the same stuff lol.

というか、開発に日本語で意見を述べることは僕には無理ではありませんよ :<きっと不器用な日本語ばかり使ってしまうでしょうが
    (0)

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I could translate my suggestions into Japanese, however it's been a while since I've had to write something that in-depth in the language lol.
    (0)

Character
    Mystina
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
    What dancers do now is "go solo!" and they do it just fine. Focus on making them relevant in parties again.

I really don't understand why the devs keep beating around the bush when much of the problem could be solved by splitting Waltz timers odd/even, ie Waltz I/III/V in a "Waltz I" category, II/IV in a "Waltz II" category, and Healing Waltz in "Waltz III" since the recast on that is just flat-out appalling.
    This has already been beat into the ground and explained, they do not want to separate the "curing waltz" timers because of the advantages that it has over cure spells i.e dosn't cost MP no way of interuptting it and it's instant. i DO however agree that healing waltz NEEDS to be separated.

Equipment is good. WS... I'll believe it when I see it, you'd need unique mechanics to make it work. Byrth already covered this in detail.
    It seems to me based on what camate was saying that the New WS will accomedate ternary flourish but for people without rudra's. this is also something i'd have to see as well.
    (0)

Character
    Atoreis
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I think you are a little overexcited Asy. You want to one WS be on par with Rudra damage and at the same time be erase and debuff? If you want to have damage do a Twashtar. Making better damage WS over Rudra would pretty much put all ppl who made Twashtar into frenzy.

Byrth you forgot that usefulness of WS not really need to come up with damage. They can for example make 1hit WS (like some ppl suggested) that have add effect dispel for each hit landed and add piece of gear that will enhance magic accuracy for this WS to some really high lvl when using Ternary flourish. It can be also some Paralyze WS with potency of paralyze highly connected with number of hits landed. could be a 1 hit stun WS with each hit (counting additional ones and from sub) stun for around 2 sec and piece of gear that makes it 3 sec for each hit under ternary flourish. There is really a tons of effect that I could write hear including both buffs and debuffs that can be use for this.

All of those can be really good and doesn't need damage competing with Climaticed Rudra.
    (0)
    Last edited by Atoreis; 09-09-2011 at 06:06 PM.

Another idea for an aura ability.

Blitzkrieg Parade
    Recast: 3 minutes
    Duration: 6 minutes or until the Dancer runs out of TP. (lasts three tics at 0% TP)
    The Dancer leads an exuberant War Parade, granting all members of the alliance regain while consuming TP. The amount of regain received and TP consumed would increase as the parade marches on.
    *Starts out at 1 tp regain for 2 tp consumed. Increases every 36 seconds until the regain:consumtion ratio becomes 5:10 (at three minutes.)
    **Radius is 30 yalms.
    ***The Dancer would not receive the effect of Parade.
    ****Would effect pets aswell.

Obviously melee would receive a huge boost from this, but since black mages now get TP from spells I think this would help them too. I have a feeling SE might add something worth while for BLM who use TP. Hvellgeregrg users using Myrkr would also appreciate it, I imagine. This would particularly shine in Einherjar type battles. SMN and Pet type jobs would also recieve a large boost from this. The best part is the DNC doesn't really take the "spot" of any key jobs because it doesn't have to be in the DD or mage party to give the effect, of course it would completely stack with all brd and cor buffs.

edit: the historical name is a kind of sinister, but I think it fits in with the German words often used with DNC. German users might not appreciate it though.
    (0)
    Last edited by Richie; 09-10-2011 at 01:26 AM. Reason: mixed up the words blitzkrieg and wehrmacht <<;;;;;

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Atoreis View Post
    You want to one WS be on par with Rudra damage and at the same time be erase and debuff? If you want to have damage do a Twashtar. Making better damage WS over Rudra would pretty much put all ppl who made Twashtar into frenzy.
    I have a Twashtar. I spent around 120 hours in Tahrongi canyon duoing/trioing Glavoid Popsets. I killed way more Tungas than I ever wanted to touch. And I would not go into a frenzy if a new WS were introduced that added something else to the DNC class. Even if a WS like this were introduced, Twashtar would pull ahead due to ODD and Climactic being on a shorter timer.[/quote]

All of those can be really good and doesn't need damage competing with Climaticed Rudra.
    Actually, on average, the WS as I proposed should do less on average than a Climactic Rudra's Storm if I'm calculating it correctly, although it may have the potential to spike higher. It fares even worse when you consider the timer of Climacitc (1.5 m) versus Ternary (2.5 m).

But yes, I deliberately made the WS quite powerful, with a unique set of additional effects because even with a WS like this, you'd still prefer to use Rudra's Climax if you have access to it. The unique effects give the weapon skill a purpose, even if you have Rudra's Storm in your arsenal.

In the current context of the game, it may be a little off-balance, but I envision a series of LV 99 quested job specific Weapon Skills to accompany it with unique and never-before-seen properties which will showcase the full extent of the new development team's creativity and vision.

This is getting into material for another thread, but here are two of my ideas:

Sappho's Plea (Bard Exclusive Dagger Weapon Skill)
    Delivers a light elemental attack which lowers the target's defense and magic defense. Damage varies with TP. Additional Effect: The next song you sing receives the equivalent bonus of "+1" (Fusion/Gravitation/Transfixion).
    fTP: 3.0 (100) 4.0 (200) 5.0 (300) Modifiers: CHR 40% MND 20%

Plunder (Thief Exclusive Dagger Weapon Skill)
    Delivers a 6-hit critical attack which lowers the enemy's critical hit evasion and ignores defense. Amount ignored varies with TP. Additional Effect: Temporarily improves the likelihood that Treasure Hunter's effects will increase.
    fTP 2.5 Modifiers: DEX 40% AGI 40% (Distortion/Fusion/Compression)

I have similar ideas for most jobs, but it's hard to design new and interesting weapon skills for some jobs.
    (0)

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast