Okay, a few things from looking at the revised version:
1) Wild Flourish only costs 2 FMs. The bad part of it, though, is the long recast and the fact that it shares a timer with Reverse Flourish. It makes multi-step skillchains easier, but not that much easier.
2) 1 FM is worth a quarter of a WS, but not necessarily 25 TP. Reversing a single FM will get you 26 TP with AF3+2 hands, but you will be reversing either 4 for 87 TP or 5 for 100 TP if you're going to self-skillchain. There's a pretty reasonable chance that you'll end up with over 100 TP when you 5FM Reverse for a self-skillchain, really, so a single FM may be wasted. Unfortunately, Violent is the only one of our useful Flourishes that takes a single FM.
3) Turning Building Flourish into a mini Berserk/Blood Rage/Aggressor would be cool, but I'd likely just use it during zergs or situations where I have a lot of FMs. If it was powerful enough to be worth using ever, it would be powerful enough to be worth using all the time, and we could use it all the time given its recast. I don't think this change is very likely.
4) I would like to see Wild Flourish upgraded, as it would have the potential to out-class Reverse and encourage Rudra's usage if it could allow me to mirror Darkness, but I'm not holding my breath for the same reason.
5) Reverse Flourish is so powerful already, I'm not sure they're going to buff it further. I'd love it if their "we're giving DNCs regain!" thing was a hint towards a buff like what you describe though.
6) Building off something that Camate said in the THF thread, I think that Waltz adjustments are going to have to be passive (not a new timer), but I also think they're potentially not going to split Waltz timers:
7) I still can't make myself care about a Raise or Reraise dance. That said, I haven't been playing DNC in any supporting capacity in almost a year.Originally Posted by Camate
8) I still don't think they're ever going to give us "defensive" debuffs. It's not our schtick.
9) Haste Samba's superiority is unquestionable. The only way that Drain/Aspir Samba will ever be useful is if SE lets us keep two Sambas up at the same time and receive both effects. With 2 minute Samba durations, it would be possible.
10) I like the idea of an "offensive" and "supportive" stance, but I feel that it somewhat overcomplicates the issue. The things you're suggesting shouldn't be tied to a specific stance, or if they are going to be tied to a stance then we should just use Saber/Fan. Having two "stances" is redundant, although the Arts/Addendums show SE isn't entirely opposed to redundancy in the pursuit of stubbornness. When would I be in the supportive Stance with Saber Dance up, for instance?
I'd do this instead:
* Make the En Cote changes fulltime job traits not tied to anything.
* Add the benefits that you're suggesting for your offensive stance to Saber Dance, and permit penalized Waltzes instead of blocking them altogether.
11) I think your "Tango" idea is very nifty and would be a very fun way to play, but it also sounds complicated to program. I like thinking about it, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
12) JK, there is no 12. Thanks for writing all this up.