Character
    Separated
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 43

Returning players

My gf and I are coming back again, after noticing all the changes and the like that has happened to the game since we last left roughly a year ago. We are rather casual and usually run around and level together.

our biggest concern is what classes are most useful for parties and such later in the game? It seems that you can largely level to a substantial level on your own/duo with out really needing to get into a full party.

we do have most of the jobs that are out there (sch/pup/bst) are the ones we are missing, so having to obtain a job isn't such a big deal.

I personally prefer being DD though rdm is my highest at 43, and she enjoys almost every class she's played so far.

we are on asure, and we still have our old LS, though it seems like its a skeleton crew now. But any help at all or just suggestions would be very helpful!!!

Thanks!
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by separated View Post
    our biggest concern is what classes are most useful for parties and such later in the game?
    The main thing to do these days is Abyssea. In some ways, it's more about the weapons than the jobs themselves. You need to use certain weaponskills to "stagger" the NMs.

Black Mage can also exploit enemy weaknesses, in addition to getting "Azure Lights." Monk is one of the big tanking jobs these days. Of course, can't go wrong with White Mage. This will all make sense later.

Quote Originally Posted by separated View Post
    we do have most of the jobs that are out there (sch/pup/bst) are the ones we are missing, so having to obtain a job isn't such a big deal. Thanks!
    I wouldn't worry too much about not having these jobs given what you already have. Scholar is nice, but lacks the healing power of White Mage atm.
    (0)

Player
    Welcome back too final fantasy XI!
    Hope you have fun with your new friends/old friends!
    Hope you win! and do'nt listen too the post haters and ffxi players!
    Do the right thing! Win !
    (0)

Character
    Morwaine
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    Welcome Back guys ! Hope you'll find all the new stuff fun to try hell i even enjoy dynamis nowadays with all the changes
    Relax and have fun.
    (0)
    "If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"