Character
    Kyne
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 90

Addition to the Learning System?

My BLU is currently lvl.28, and I'm almost caught up with all my spells, but some spells (i.e., Healing Breeze) took me several hours to obtain. I would often question whether or not I was doing something wrong, but I had no way to be absolutely sure.

Perhaps an Learning gauge would be helpful. If one defeats an enemy that has used a learnable spell, that spell's learning gauge goes up by a random percentage. The higher the BLU's Blue Magic skill, the more likely it will be raised by a higher percentage. This could potentially help BLU's by cutting down on the number of mobs they have to go through in order to learn a spell (if their skill is high), and it would also give a way for BLU's to check their progress on learning a particular spell.

Just an idea, it could be awful.
    (1)
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Lakshmi/Kyne

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Something should be done because it is just another useless time sink in this game. If the hnm spells are like this, you will see a lot of blus just give up the job or the game.
    (0)

Character
    Kwate
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    See "Learning Blue Magic" thread for all the fun details.
    (0)

Character
    Kyne
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwate View Post
    See "Learning Blue Magic" thread for all the fun details.
    Interesting.
    (0)
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Lakshmi/Kyne

Character
    Raxiaz
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 96
    I always thought that learning blue magic should be like this:

You're level 30, as is the spell you want to learn. You ought to have a 25% chance of learning that spell. For every level you're below the spell of the level, take off 5%. That means if you're 5 or more levels below the level of the spell, you can't learn it period (assuming capped blue magic skill).

For every level above a spell it ought to add another 5% and cap out at 50%. This means that at level 90 a BLU can go learn a level 40 spell at a 50% success rate.

For each mob killed that used the move at least once, if the BLU did not learn it, the success rate should be raised by a certain %. 3~5% seems fair to me. It -should- cap out at a higher rate than 50% (perhaps 70~90%) because I do believe that, in this game, chance should always play a part in learning blue magic. But it should not be as steep as it stands now.

And I do hope that HNM spells have an increased learning rate on them. I don't want to have to kill over 50 Genbus to learn Aqua Breath (hypothetically speaking - something tells me we won't be getting that spell, even though it is a FF blue magic Classic).
    (0)

Character
    Covenant
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    ...more Blue Magic "learning" gear?...not necessarily blue magic skill gear. Imagine a "tome" or something similar in the toss slot that gives + X% to learning ONLY? Or make a synergy gear/weapon augments with the same "learning" only stat?

Or even more gear from lvl 1- 99 with more blue magic skill.

Just thought of something wacky...should Bluemage be allowed to "eat" pet foods?
    (0)

Character
    Scuro
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    No, No..... and No, as Kawate said, please read the thread he posted in the above, and go read my post on why it SHOULDN'T BE ADJUSTED. Don't be lazy, enjoy the job for the fun it has, Learning blue magic is the most fun BLU's get out of the job especially when you do it with other BLU's as I do. Me and my 3 BLU buddies are already scoping out the best camps for some of the spells that we can guess are coming. It doesn't need adjustment, it is fine the way it is, and if you want a more elaborative post, look up what Kawate has forwarded you to.
    (0)

99 BLU,PLD,SCH,RNG,NIN,BST,SMN,THF,BLM,WHM... Any questions..?