Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

I'd like to Enter Storyline Battlefields Freely

Have you ever wanted to just fight a boss for fun? I do. I would love to enter old storyline battlefields freely just to fight them. Including the Final Boss of that story!

Some people actually take pride in beating another team's time. I do, at least. Beating a powerful enemy, practicing with new jobs and attempting to beat another Player or Team's time would be a lot of fun!

Imagine going to fight Shadow Lord with his epic music playing in the background as you and your team fight with all they have in order to secure their place as the fastest time?

Here is my suggestion in more detail:

1) New Goblin NPCs get stationed outside the entrances to battlefields. Those goblins do many things!
    • Purchase a temp. item with a small amount of gil that you trade to the battlefield entrance in order to allow passage.
    • Check the current top 3 times so players know what to shoot for.
    • Have the goblin set special rules that may affect your reward, such as "No Summoners" or "Must perform a Light Skillchain."

2) A Goblin in Jeuno that can provide information on times and "Rules" for each battlefield for the next 3 days (so people can plan ahead).

3) Depending on how well you place, the reward is stronger. For example, getting the 3rd best time, everyone receives 10,000 gil. 2nd best, everyone receives 15,000 gil, and 3rd place everyone gets 20,000 gil. If the conditions set by the goblin are met, such as no Summoners or the Light Skillchain, additional items can be given as a reward. Maybe some items can only be obtained in this way!'

4) Maybe have different conditions for teams with fewer members, like increasing the prize money if you have fewer people in the party!

5) Times are pre-set at 10 minutes for first prize, 15 minutes for 2nd prize and 20 minutes for 3rd prize. Only beating these times will have the party leader's name replaced by the original pre-set time.

6) Times reset after every conquest tally so no one can monopolize a time forever.

7) Anyone can attempt this as many times as they want until they succeed. After actually winning, a team cannot try again for another 24 Earth hours.

This way, everyone can re-live some of the greatest moments in the game while also having both a benefit to it and a form of competition. It would be great fun and I would LOVE to just battle it out against those big bosses again!
    (11)

I've always wanted to myself. I thought they could make a special area similar to the Colosseum and have players choose which boss they would like to fight. I can't imagine it being that hard to warp the player directly into the bcnm to do it, would be fun also. Maybe add a reward system so they can be exchanged for cool looking gear(not really made for fighting).
    (0)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I would love a feature like this. level caps included.
    Mission 5.1 was my favorite to try to solo or duo at level 50.
    I helped every chance I got just to do the fight again.
    (0)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Kyrial
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    What I've wanted to do for awhile now is a bit different. I just wish I could reset my CoP progress; erase it from my mission log (while still keeping my rewards like Rajas Ring, of course ), so I can do all the missions again. I reallllly wanna solo through the whole thing, watching the cutscenes again all in one chunk. Yes, I know I could watch the cutscenes using the Bard NPCs and Goblin Footprints (and I have before), but it'd be a lot more fun to me to actually do the missions again, solo.
    (1)
    All Missions Complete
    Captain, Medal of Altana ∮∮∮∮
    Unique quests completed: 1063
    Records of Eminence completed: 801

Character
    Eiyoko
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    I was actually thinking of suggesting this same idea a while ago. I always enjoy doing the final boss fight for the RotZ missions, and jump at the chance to help others since it's not exactly repeatable. I really like this idea ^^
    (0)

Character
    Xanthe
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    I would also enjoy the opportunity to revisit storyline battlefields. The OP has some good ideas worth considering!
    (0)

Player
    I also agree, personally ive wished for this for a long time. The one thing I would add would be optional level caps set at the original level IE 75 Shadow Lord, DM, Promathia, Alexander etc. and Uncapped. Intervols inbetween such as 80, 85 might be nice but aren't as nessessary. I actually would go and enter the Promathia Fight solo just for fun back before I completed it, and now that I can't I really miss it. Which now that I think about it no exp loss like the originals would be nice as well.
    (0)

Player
    There are fights people just love doing over and over again, usually the COP ones. This is a good idea, andthere should be rewards for doing it, too!
    (0)

Character
    Effilil
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90
    I like it...I wouldn't mind fighting alot of the mission bosses again, or going through and just doing something strange like fighting all 3 nation 2-3 dragons again
    (0)
    Windhurst for life!

smn 90 / whm 90 / blu 90
    blm drg and bst on the way up there

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It's a great idea actually, they just need the mission battle to drop things for this version, add 5k-10k exp for completion of the missions. Maybe items needed for AF1-2 plus versions, also dynamis currency. Heck if they add another magian trials where you need items dropped from completing this missions, you will see how very popular this will become
    (0)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast