Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Arlais
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    Great idea. What I'd give to play with Promathia again, but my LS have all completed it. One suggestion, though? To stop people spamming and spamming it for bonus exp (Looking at you, Promathia missions) it may be wise to implement exp being doled out for BC completion the first time it's completed only. Or exp being rewarded only once a real-life day.
    (1)

Character
    Rosalee
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    >.>; this is why you're supposed to help newer players with their missions. sure, you get a pittance of xp, but you also score some good karma for helping someone out!
    (0)

Have the goblin set special rules that may affect your reward, such as "No Summoners" or "Must perform a Light Skillchain."
    I thought "no summoners" was a permanent rule in FFXI.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    lol no summoners? Because SMN is totally the most imba class....
    (0)

I'm glad everyone likes this idea so far. ^_^
    (0)

Character
    Eiyoko
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    Dunno if anyone's said this yet (or if I've misunderstood), but I'll say it anyway just in case:

The thought of winning certain items for certain restrictions sounds cool, but would it mean that maybe everyone could do their own restriction? One thing I often see people opting out of something for is that there's "nothing in it for them." So maybe there would be a way for everyone to choose their own restriction to get their own item, but still enter the same battlefield? Obviously the restrictions wouldn't have to be too difficult; that way people could group together with different rules for each of them, everyone could help each other out, and all could get the items they want.

For example, person A wants an item they can only get with the rule "no summoners". Person B wants an item that they can only get with "must perform a light skillchain." That's easy enough for a group to accomplish; going into a battlefield without a summoner in the party and performing a light skillchain. But maybe person C wants to join, and they want an item with the rule "must perform a magic burst." Well, that's easy to fit in, too, so they could join the same group. All three can set their respective rule, and each gets the reward they want!

Again, sorry if anyone's already suggested this; I thought it would be interesting to toss that idea in ^^; I love this idea to bits; I've always wanted to fight the usual missions, but I'm stuck with either the rematch against the +1 version or waiting until someone wants to get off their butt to do the mission, so this idea is pretty awesome.

@Luvbunny: while those rewards seem tempting, I think that would be way too much when it comes to that exp. 5k alone is a lot of exp to get from a single task (at least in my opinion, not sure about anyone else); I doubt we'll be handed that much quite so easily unless square puts a really icky timer on these rematch quests, which I'm sure no one would like x_x
    (0)

5k exp is nothing, is what you get for a single dominion op, which you can do as often as you want.

5k exp for a mission fight at a maximum of once per day is no problem.
    (0)

Character
    Eiyoko
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    I get what you're saying and I agree, but I was mainly thinking about the lower level mission battlefields (sorry for not being clear ^^) For example, handing out 5k exp for beating the rank 3 dragon fight or a promyvion boss fight would probably be way too much since they're only level 25 and 30 respectively. Now, if you were looking at something much higher level, like maybe one of the final bosses, then 5k as a supposed exp reward would make a bit more sense. At least, that's what I think. /2 gil
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    lol no summoners? Because SMN is totally the most imba class....
    That must be why I've been the only SMN in my endgame LS for 6 years. (The rest quit or changed jobs because they were never allowed to go to events on SMN. I got to be SMN for lacking "better jobs" and for being a whiny bastard who daily said I didn't want to be another class)

Of course, for Tiamat and Cerberus we let some come SMN because those cases SMN was "good". Rest of the game the job was "bad".

I do admit though, that it is 80% community opinion, and 20% the Summoner class itself that is the problem. I just haven't figured out how to convince 1800 people on my server that Summoner is worth inviting.
    (0)

Character
    Tamarsamar
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    I hate to continue the derail even further, but I personally would gladly {Bind} a Summoner to my hip so I wouldn't have to bother with Hasting everybody individually! d^.^
    (0)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast