Character
    Francisco
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

This forum reminds me of Sim City 3.

Yep. It hit me like a ton of bricks. If anyone still has Sim City 3, go start a new game.

Name your city "FFXI Forums".

Name your mayor "Square-Enix".

Now start building your city. Add the necessary components. Roads. Police. A power grid. Have some fun. Build up a decent sized populous.

Now watch the ticker at the bottom. It'll start getting flooded with demands and complaints. And you can click on them to read what the citizen/group is demanding. Usually they're incentives that benefit a small group of the population. It kind of reminds me of this forum. Compare the two examples.

Sim City News Ticker: "Tax rate choking industry, enact industrial tax breaks NOW!"

Complaining Citizen: "Mayor Square-Enix, the industrial tax rate is insulting. We demand you issue relief or else we'll move our Llama Glue plants and Spline Reticulating facilites elsewhere!"

If you accept: "Bravo, Mayor Square-Enix, bravo! This is a great day for all of us. Now where can we dump this toxic waste! What? Oh... just kidding!"

If you decline: "Oof! This may be the last straw that broke the llama's back Mayor Square-Enix! Don't be shocked when your pathetic village is plagued with abandoned factories!"
    Official Forum Thread: "Give RDM Cure V and VI NOW!!"

Complaining Poster: "Alright SE, it's time to give RDM Cure V and Cure VI... it's insulting that we can't cure like a WHM OR nuke like a BLM. And don't tell me it's for job balance because WHM and BLM get -ga spells."

If SE announces it's in the works: "Woot, it's about time... we should get T5 nukes and comet too and BLM can just keep -ja spells and Meteor."

If SE says it ain't gonna happen: "Oof! You will rue this day SE! Perhaps us Red Mages will find another game where we are appreciated! This game is dying anyway..."
    I can't be the only one who sees it.

And yes, I consider this thread worthy.
    (22)

"How do I lock threads?"

Consume the contents of a bottle of Extra Strength Tylonel and then drink a beer. Soon, all threads will be locked.

Clearly this just means the creators of Sim City 3 know how to emulate whiny ungrateful people really really well.

That or they're MAGIC
    (7)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 07-22-2011 at 02:01 PM.

Player
    This is why I often tortured the citizens of my cities by cutting the power and spawning volcanoes under the most ardent complainers.
    (3)

Sparthosx - Lakshmi - 90 BLU BRD SAM COR RNG DNC PUP BST WAR WHM
    Sig by Kingfury

So being nice to others, makes people happy?

I don't think this concept can work on the internet. We are supposed to be assholes and as mean as possible to each other due to anonymity after all.

What could SE possibly gain from being nice? I propose a 20 MP or HP tick drain on all jobs constantly. It should hurt to play FFXI, not be fun.
    (0)

if "SE Was nice" to every single job on these forums, The game would suck. Every job would be ungodly powerful and broken and it would be Abyssea-Easy 24/7 in every event with every Atmas equipable all the time, and 2k Conquest Point Brews.

I think SE has a lot to learn, But these forums were an amazing step in the right direction, and they are far from evil.

And in case you missed the point of the OP, it was that everybody wants everything their own way and unless you give it to them you're a bad person and a horrible company.

,,,and you just elegantly proved that point. SE doesn't give you what you want? They're a devil company who doesn't listen and aren't nice.

Edit: Oh, And also another point is people need to learn they can't give everyone what they want. But they are trying their best.
    (4)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 07-22-2011 at 08:59 PM.

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    This guy managed to "win" Sim City 3000.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTJQT...layer_embedded
    (0)

Oh God ... so tempted to reinstall SimCity 3000 right now. Nostalgia ... overwhelming ...

SimCity and Civilization, followed by FFXI a few years ago, are the main reasons why I've not dumped tons of money into games, consoles, or PC upgrades. Awesome sandbox games like SimCity and Civilization are all I need to decimate my free time.
    (2)

-- Fan of Abyssea and FFXI's New Direction --
    -- THF - DNC - BLM - RDM --

Goes to check to see if Civilization is still available. Always wanted to try that.
    (0)
    Proud to be "Old School" and to have completed CoP pre-nerf

Thing is this, no matter what SE does or tries to do, it will never be "right" because the majority of people enjoy whining about everything whether there is reason to or not, just as they do with every other RPG out there.

Heads up, hide and watch what happens after the next scheduled Maintenance, Migration to an SE Account and Version Update. These Forums will explode with vitriol.
    (0)
    Proud to be "Old School" and to have completed CoP pre-nerf

I am sorry. As this thread is discussing the forums (and not FINAL FANTASY XI itself), I am going to have to lock this thread. http://support.na.square-enix.com/ru...la=1&tag=forum
    (3)