Signet guards near outpost warp NPCs

I'm one of them crazy people who pick up Signet when I go out to do stuff like skillup, farm, etc., even if I'm not getting exp. I suppose I like the hHP it gives.

I also employ the outpost warp NPCs a lot. They get me where I'm going, especially for places the lack a maw.

When your nation controls a region, you can obtain Signet right where you warp in. This is nice, but your nation doesn't control every region 100% of the time.

When Outpost NPCs were first implemented, with the exception of the one in Bastok, they were decently close to Signet guards. They weren't standing right next to them, but it was typically a quick jaunt over.

At one point, they changed the NPC locations. This put them closer to a Mog House entrance. With the exception of Bastok, this put all of them further away from the Signet guard (Bastok's, while still a small distance away, was nowhere near as bad as it was in Metalworks!).

Signet isn't the first thing on my mind, typically. I'll run to the outpost NPC, and realize that I didn't get Signet, and have to go a bit out of my way to go get it.

So what are the chances of getting a Signet guard within a more reasonable proximity to the outpost warp NPC?
    (1)

Character
    Gropitou
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Go one step further, put Signet Guard + Outpost Teleport + Whitegate Teleport + Abyssea Teleport + Avatar Cloister Teleport + any/all New Teleport all together, in a city zone that has an AH.
    (0)
    Down with PS2 Emulation / Give us PS3 Native software

I really don't think all that is necessary...Since if you're going to Aht Urhgan or Abyssea, you probably don't need Signet.

And yes, I can sense the "let's make fun of the lazy idiot" sarcasm. Ha. Ha. You're so funny.
    (0)

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    did kingfury make your sig this week?
    (1)

You say that like I change my sig weekly. =o It's only my second sig on this board. But yes, he did.
    (0)

Character
    Golovko
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Just imagine me sarcastically making fun of the inevitable posters who will come to this thread in favor of bad design and wasting countless hours running across towns to see NPCs placed in inconvenient or outdated locations who think any changes for the sake of convenience are somehow making this game "too easy."
    (1)

Signet staff ftw ^^
    (0)
    Behemothx - Leviathan
    WAR - DNC - BLM - SMN - THF - WHM - SCH - BLU - RDM - BRD - BST - COR

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    Quote Originally Posted by Paksenarrion View Post
    You say that like I change my sig weekly. =o It's only my second sig on this board. But yes, he did.
    Does he do requests?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Coldbrand View Post
    Just imagine me sarcastically making fun of the inevitable posters who will come to this thread in favor of bad design and wasting countless hours running across towns to see NPCs placed in inconvenient or outdated locations who think any changes for the sake of convenience are somehow making this game "too easy."
    I'm just hoping I'm not lumped in there. I personally thought that moving the outpost warp NPCs to near the MH wasn't a good thing, but I'm sure I'm the only one. I think having the NPCs spaced out like they are is a good thing (Previously had no reason to go to Port San d'Oria, now I go there all the time!). The only issue I have is that I can't decide which zone to set my HP in now! Have had it set to Southern San d'Oria since ToAU, but I've been coming out of the Port exit so much...I should just adopt a Jeuno HP, except then I'd whine about lack of outpost warps there. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Behemothx View Post
    Signet staff ftw ^^
    I didn't think you could use it on yourself. Could be wrong though, but I can't fathom that I wouldn't have tried it before.

Quote Originally Posted by Korpg View Post
    Does he do requests?
    I just posted as a reply in this thread (Direct link to the page it all happened on) that I liked his sig and just said that I wanted one. I didn't think he would ask for source images for it, but surprisingly, he agreed to make me one. I just hope I haven't started a terrible trend for him. =x I'd feel bad.
    (0)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Behemothx View Post
    Signet staff ftw ^^
    That's what I use anytime I need signet and know there won't be a NPC after warp to give it to me. It gives me a reason to own and use them. Granted, I think they are inferior to NPC signet where the buff only lasts like 4 hours or so but eh I only need longer if I afk over night somewhere. In that case I make the effort to get NPC signet.
    (0)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team