Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Raise dance

Sorry if this has been mentioned, I have not read the whole post. What if they added a new set of waltz to our 2hr ability. Waltz get knocked down to ~6 seconds each during 2hr I think? Might be a way to add it?
    (0)

Character
    Annahya
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Hey all,

Just for fun, I figured I would post some Raise ideas for Dancer.

Dance of the Dead
    (Dança Dos Mortos, Danse Des Morts, Fusce mortuorum, whatever cool sounding phrase one can find in various languages...)
    Job Ability: Tango > Dance of the Dead
    Effect: Raises all KO'd players in area of effect; area increased with TP consumed (perhaps 10 yalms for 100TP, 15 yalms for 150TP and 20 yalms for 200TP).
    Recast Timer: 20 Minutes

As a game balance issue, as well as to be in line with the current trend of abilities working only under the effect of the 2-hour ability, perhaps it would require Trance to function (automatically consuming it like summoning Odin).

Or, if that is not to your liking, how about:

Reraise Samba
    Job Ability: Samba > Reraise Samba
    Effect: Attacks inflict Reraise Daze on opponent. Party members attacking an opponent with Reraise Daze will be granted an extremely short duration Reraise effect (perhaps 5 seconds, refreshed by each successful strike).

This way, Dancers would get some ability to raise, without taking away from the more traditional healers - and Dancers would be able to protect "proc monkeys" who are running in just to WS on an NM, only to get caught in some kind of AoE.

I am just throwing these out there for discussion - what do you all think?
    Also, credit must go to Ashantha of Bismarck for the Reraise Samba suggestion, it is not my own.
    (0)
    "Play the way you want and have a good time - but understand that your performance can have an effect on the fun of others. Be effective for those counting on you, and never lose sight of the fact that enjoyment for yourself and others is the ultimate goal."

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by AyinDygra View Post
    The lore of Dancers seems to dismiss a "Raise dance" existing in the Dancer Job's "Kriegstanz" school of dance. Necromancy was used to raise the undead and "Kriegstanz" was able to counteract it. If "Kriegstanz" dancers HAD a "Raise Dance", they would most likely have used it during the war.

An ability from that lore that WOULD fit Dancer is something that causes extreme damage to the undead.
    Also, a "Dispel" ability would fit according to that lore too.

We could potentially get "Totentanz" as a method of raising dead party members as "pets" for a short time I kid... or do I?

(The lore can be found here: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Da...he_Battlefield )
    I really miss their lore updates.
    (0)

Character
    Deces
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Just call it a Lap Dance.
    (2)

Character
    Lilmercer