Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Raise dance

Character
    Dhragon
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Since we're already working with the fact that the Dnc has fully merited RF, it is not a hard stretch to believe that that same Dnc has fully merited no foot rise. So, from 0 TP you'd no foot rise to 5 finishing moves, RF for 100 TP, wait 3 minutes and do it again. And if you're "too busy" to raise someone then it sucks to be them. Giving Dnc a way to raise without the cost of TP is simply absurd. Also, at this stage in a Dnc's life, using the waltz recast as a reason to not want it to be a waltz is lame. If the Dnc needs to choose between raising the mage or healing someone else...then the fit has already hit the shan and it's a moot choice.
    (1)

Character
    Jager
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    Yes, but Raise doesn't revive the dead. It revives the knocked-out.
    I dunno. Still sounds necromantic. I can't see a dancer doing it at a with my view of the job. And I don't main dancer, so my opinion is next to null. Just throwing 2 gil here.
    (0)
    "I find bliss in ignorance. Less I hear the less you'll say. But you'll find that out anyway."
    - Linkin Park (Dedicated to all the trolls and flamers out there)

DNC would greatly benefit from some form of raise dance or ability. After seeing how Healing Waltz can cure mostly any status effect inflicted to a person, as well as how potent the Curing Waltz line is compared to the traditional Cure spells, it almost seems silly for DNC to lack a raise ability.

To most, DNC is a very potent support job to have in their parties, and I think it would help greatly if we DNC could assist in raising fallen members when accidents happen, instead of sitting on nearly full TP nowadays due to how fast we can gain it.
    (0)

Character
    Hamchook
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Reason why I'd personally choose Jig over Waltz is because, Waltz are instant and if this Raise dance comes into play I don't think it should be an Instant cast, which Waltz are. Since Jigs take a little longer to cast such as Chocobo I figure they could throw in a new animation for a raise. Like someone said above also if it was a Waltz it would probably be a pretty hefty Recast so unless they do separate our Waltz timers, thats probably not a great idea lol.

Also Raise dance being at the cost of 0 TP is not exactly "absurd" because think about brd, they can issue a full party Re-raise, in a couple seconds. It's not a very potent raise but it is a raise none the less. This is why i said it should be at the max a raise 1. I wouldn't mind it costing TP but if this were to happen I think it would have to automatically be available for anyone on the job, without throwing in gear such as AF and merits. So even if you are to RF or have full RF merits to get more TP as well with the AF, those are all outside resources for extra TP. But if this was made, its going to be a raw ability to the job meaning a DNC should be able to pull this off without other sources. If it was to cost any TP for any reason I would say make it 60TP since thats the normal amount you get with 5 FM's.

Overall though I'd rather it be a free Jig, that way some people can avoid having to find a mob to get TP/FM on if they do not have full merits, and because I don't think it should be an instant cast but a longer dance animation.
    (0)
    Dance the dance of death.

Onii born on Kujata, ventured to Valefor.

Character
    Jager
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    Ritual Dance?
    (0)
    "I find bliss in ignorance. Less I hear the less you'll say. But you'll find that out anyway."
    - Linkin Park (Dedicated to all the trolls and flamers out there)

Character
    Amanie
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    all dnc abilities are instant, event the jigs. the animation prevents you from moving, but not from using other abilities or spells.
    A jig would not only cost no TP, it would look better. waltz, enjoy that recast time.

5/5 NFR is not my style. hail 5/5 CP
    (1)

inb4 SE makes Raise Waltz in same category with 15min cooldown.
    (0)

Character
    Hamchook
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Yea you are right Amanie, I forgot that it is instant just could not move. Hmm, so i guess would have to create a timer for it? or create some special condition to use it? ><
    (0)

a dispel weapon or a dispel weaponskill would be cool :3

I for one loved the ogre jambiya back in the day due to its ability to get all those random enspell debuffs or whatever

i thought they were cool :3
    (0)

Character
    Hamchook
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I don't know about a weaponskill but, a weapon wouldn't be bad except that it wouldn't be that reliable, since we wouldn't have control over when or what it will dispel. So if we were to get it id rather it be a flourish lol.
    (0)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast