Page number selection

Why do I always have to load the first page of a thread? If it's a thread I've been keeping an eye on that gets some heavy replying but I go elsewhere to browse or accidentally close the window or something, I have to go back into the thread on the first page, and then navigate to the page I need to go.

Simply put, let us select the page to go to on the main page. Obviously it can skip numbers in the middle on long threads, but it should give us the first couple and last couple to choose from.
    (1)

Character
    Khiinroye
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    This.

In pretty much every other forum, a thread will have the name, and, when multiple pages long, page numbers, such as

I'm a thread name [1] [2] [3] ... [12] [13].
    (0)

Character
    Aerden
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 64
    I agree entirely! I think they're trying to keep the look of the forums as clean as possible though. Very minimalist! Throwing more text on the screen may make it look cluttered. How could they implement this with keeping the style they have?

Examples:

Thread Title
    1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

Thread Title 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
    • didn't add an embellishments to the numbers; no underlines or surrounding brackets, to keep it uncluttered
    • made the numbers a lighter colour and a small text size to keep the focus on the thread title

Thread Title
    last page
    • most people just want to go to the most recent page so decided to remove the numbers to keep things more concise
    (0)