Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    @OMEGA_HACK
    This is why I think it would be funny, actually. If the backfire result were potent enough, you could see people popping enfeebling items like crack to get a backfire on them. I mean if you could backfire silence into MAB, wouldn't you be using silencing potion to backfire yourself all the time? Unless backfire were a spell instead of a JA, of course, in which case silencing yourself to use it would be as dumb as the mobs that still cast silena on themselves...
    (0)

Character
    Bubeeky
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 92
    I like the idea of sch's magical manipulation extending to manipulating enemy magics like this....could be used offensively or defensively, but it's not infringing on the role of whm blm or rdm, it's making a new role for sch, good thinking OP

PS, Using the restrictions the OP listed, I don't see this as being problematic for whms in the world of -na spells...especially if/when they increase the duration of divine caress to 3 mins, as these spells wouldn't necessarily prevent the same status from hitting the character again, where divine caress does.

Also, these could be used offensively by doing the same thing to the monsters -- turning their buffs into enfeebles, continuing to build on sch's concept of manipulating magic already in existance
    (0)
    Last edited by Bubeeky; 07-27-2011 at 12:57 AM.
    Love life, dare to dream, and LIVE ON PURPOSE!
    Also make sure to beat up any evil elvaans along the way, as we all know tarus are the ultimate race.

Character
    Rodrik
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I like every idea brought to light in this post. Totally keeps with SCH cannon and keeps everyone happy to boot.
    (0)

Character
    Chaosi
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    I very much like, no love the idea of backfire spells!

It fills SCHs Image just perfectly.

I think the concept of turning negative effetcs into beneficial is very much what seems to belong to SCH.
    I also think there is more to the backfire concept.

Let's turn incoming damage into Damage over time! Example:
    you have this new effect on you (or a party member) and Bubble Bernie readies an attack that would deal 1000 damage to you. Instead of taking the full 1000 damage immediatly, it turns into a damage over time effect on you, dealing up to 1000 dmg in like 100/tick or so.
    It would only work with severly damaging attacks (somewhere starting @700 dmg+ or so?)

That would give you just enough time to heal someone without having thim die from the big damage attack. Maybe even enable a spell to remove the DoT effect (erase or something new)

Or have a certain amount of DMG done to you/party member trigger an enfeebling on the mob.

There could be so much more! I really hope one of admins will read this and forward it to SE.
    From 75 there was so much potential... and SE delivered Animus spells, Adloquium and Libra.
    (0)

Character
    Judge
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    SE could spin that easily. IF SE reads this page that is.
    Perhaps it could be a simplified a bit.
    Backfire(ga): Turns the next enfeeble into an advanced enhancement. eat a couple charges up.
    effectively stopping the next enfeeble or setting up the player to use items as mentioned above.

If ur up against a mob that spams paralyze.. a double attack buff to replace it on occasion would be sweet.(example :P)
    most tanks will get hit with something at some point. some DDs/mages will get hit at some point. you cant stun everything.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2