Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Tagrineth
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    E-vase-ive Action KSNM. Find a SMN friend, one who can solo stuff, and sic them at it. By the time you get your scroll (on average) you will have 1 million of sellable stuff each. Think of all the BLM scrolls you can buy. And it only costs you 120 KS (on average).
    How are you getting 1million worth of sellable junk from Evasive Action? very very few of the drops even break 10k in value, unless I'm missing something majour.
    (0)

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    Oh wow, I thought Pole Strap would still be 500k like it was about a couple of months ago.

Oh well, you can still get 300k by the time the RIII scroll drops.
    (0)

Character
    Tagrineth
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Korpg View Post
    Oh wow, I thought Pole Strap would still be 500k like it was about a couple of months ago.

Oh well, you can still get 300k by the time the RIII scroll drops.
    Wait what? O_o; When was Pole Grip ever that valuable... jeez. That's insane lol. Even now, it's funny because I remember getting mine when they were introduced for like 5k.
    (0)

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    I was surprised too, it was back when stacking DA was popular.
    (0)

Character
    Orsondara
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Teleport scrolls really need to be added in some shape or form other than quests. At least make the quests repeatable. The prices on them are highway robbery.
    (2)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Maybe I'm weird, but I feel like all spells should be dropped by some open world mob somewhere, and not at a depressingly heart aching rate where you could go a 5+ hour farming session and not see it. Seems like most everyone here against the notion of increased availability are older players who've more than likely long since had their spells prior to the Abyssea rush, and while perhaps citing high gil vales on some scrolls, neglect the mention of timing in which "8 million gil" then could be like 16 million now when compared to old profit angles crashing, markets drying up, and so on.

Off the top of my head, aside from AMs, you also have things like Raise III, Army's Paeon V, some spirits, arguably COR rolls if the NPC goes incognito, select PUP attachments, and then some. Maybe I just grew up on a vastly different server than some, but gearing BLM and such could, at times, be just as expensive as a melee, if not more, and you don't see WARs needing to chase down a scroll of Retaliation just to learn that JA. In essence, depriving jobs of core features strikes me as a bit of a no-no. Let how "good" one is be defined through their play, not so much how long they sat in a dungeon plinking a wimpy mob over and over and over dancing with the random number generator.
    (1)

I didn't start playing until after the ToAU release. I started BLM well after the post-STF deflation and when BLMs were not welcome in parties. I farmed and spammed BCNMs/KSNMs with friend to buy my HQ staves (600k - 800k each at the time). I farmed or bought all of my spells and even paid well over 200k for spells I've cast a handful of times. I, along with many, many other BLMs, have invested millions upon millions of gil into the job over the years. Nothing about BLM was ever inexpensive.

People who jumped on the BLM bandwagon for Abyssea need to face the reality that the rest of us have known and dealt with for years: BLM is not cheap when done right. Gil is available to those willing to make it. The scrolls are available to those willing to leave Port Jeuno and get them.

The only problem is the laziness of those unwilling to put forth any actual effort.
    (2)

-- Fan of Abyssea and FFXI's New Direction --
    -- THF - DNC - BLM - RDM --

Character
    Akirane
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I put in 1.5 million gil into haubergeon, spending over a month for one piece of armor, then spent another 2 months to buy balmung for 2.6 million gil and another million gil for sniper rings. Now all of that is obselete at level 90 and you could buy everything for less than 100k. In this regard it should only make sense that mage spells would also become cheaper, but instead are still expensive to this day. It's not difficult to farm any of these spells either if it's for gil or the spell itself, it's however a lot of work, work I want to spend on something else. I already spent 4 hours farming a single tier 4 scroll with a friend of mine with capped TH and the mob would only drop tier 3 and Freeze during the entire period, is this low drop rate really necessary? Will I become better at the game if I repeat the same mob over and over again for one spell? I know the yagudos are very tight on the Aero IV spell. At this stage of the game, farming scrolls for hours do feel like doing those fetch quests from those add ons before Abyssea.
    (0)

The scrolls are expensive because they're still useful and there's demand for them.

And if spending a few hours farming a scroll is what it takes to get the scroll, then yes, it's worth it. Especially for Blizzard IV as it's still a commonly used nuke. If farming Blizzard IV is whine-worthy, try making magian staves. I only have three of them (Surya's +2, Varuna's +2, Indra's +2), but each one was its own special brand of annoying grind. They were well worth the effort, though.

And 'annoying grind' isn't just limited to FFXI - it's a fact of life, to one degree or another, in every MMO (not to mention some offline RPGs). MMOs would die off way too quickly without grinds here and there to keep the playerbase occupied and spending money on the game.
    (3)

-- Fan of Abyssea and FFXI's New Direction --
    -- THF - DNC - BLM - RDM --

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4