Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Player
    giving all jobs access to a relic weapon would not make things equal, jobs such as sam which gets access to two relics or ranger with two relics and empyrean, paladin with two empyrean ect ect.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Nala View Post
    giving all jobs access to a relic weapon would not make things equal, jobs such as sam which gets access to two relics or ranger with two relics and empyrean, paladin with two empyrean ect ect.
    SAM with Empyrean Bow or Paladin with Great sword and so on is pretty moot since it's by standards that players don't really do it, so really. It's a moot topic. Paladins and SAM still have their relic, empyrean, and mythics. COR, BLU, PUP, DNC, SCH, however, cannot use any of the relics. This is the idea of the thread.

Obviously as follows:

Dancer -> Mandau
    Corsair -> Annihilator
    Scholar -> Claustrum (Though no one in the right mind would do this unless for the sake of achievement)
    Blue Mage -> Excalibur
    Puppetmaster -> Spharai (Again, I can see some issues with this due to Counter on Spharai, but frankly, it's a nice bonus for pup)
    (1)

Character
    Zyeriis
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nala View Post
    So, if they can't even things out completely, they shouldn't even out things where they can?
    (2)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I would argue blu should actually get mjollnir. Not that they shouldn't be allowed to use excalibur too, but I like the idea of adding jobs to some of the relics that are more job exclusive.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    I would argue blu should actually get mjollnir. Not that they shouldn't be allowed to use excalibur too, but I like the idea of adding jobs to some of the relics that are more job exclusive.
    Why would a BLU use that?
    (0)

Character
    Ironside
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    Mjollnir's a hammer, which are almost all WHM-exclusive; it's not just the relic on that one. In addition, BLU doesn't really have anything to do with clubs aside from a mediocre native skill with the weapon; they don't even get many normal clubs, much less the higher-end ones. No thanks.

Ironically though, while SCH isn't on most hammers either, it -is- on the fake relic club, but not the staff. I can't say I understand that one; usually relics/empyreans are -more- selective on usable jobs than the normal weapons of the same type.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironside View Post
    Mjollnir's a hammer, which are almost all WHM-exclusive; it's not just the relic on that one. In addition, BLU doesn't really have anything to do with clubs aside from a mediocre native skill with the weapon; they don't even get many normal clubs, much less the higher-end ones. No thanks.

Ironically though, while SCH isn't on most hammers either, it -is- on the fake relic club, but not the staff. I can't say I understand that one; usually relics/empyreans are -more- selective on usable jobs than the normal weapons of the same type.
    That is interesting. I thought SCH are more associated with Staffs, and not clubs. SCHs can't even use the empyrean club, but can use the staff. Lastly, their mythic is a staff as well. Oh well, it's kind of moot anyway, since I really don't see how SCH would benefit club, but more so staff if ANYTHING. (Which generally, they...don't.)
    (0)

Do want. Once they added them there would be a nice little upsurge of people going for relics, at least for a short while
    (1)

Character
    Ironside
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralos View Post
    Do want. Once they added them there would be a nice little upsurge of people going for relics, at least for a short while
    I dunno, I think the only relic that would gain any real demand would be Mandau, since that's useful for DNC. The others mostly have other weapons they'd prefer to use, if I'm not mistaken. BLU and COR will want their Empyreans due to how game-changing they are for those jobs, PUP will probably want Mythic (if possible) or Empyrean (I'm not too familiar with PUP though), and SCH is basically the worst melee in the game, so either relic they could get (probably club, but I wouldn't rule out staff entirely) would be wasted on them.
    (0)

Character
    Finuve
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironside View Post
    I dunno, I think the only relic that would gain any real demand would be Mandau, since that's useful for DNC. The others mostly have other weapons they'd prefer to use, if I'm not mistaken. BLU and COR will want their Empyreans due to how game-changing they are for those jobs, PUP will probably want Mythic (if possible) or Empyrean (I'm not too familiar with PUP though), and SCH is basically the worst melee in the game, so either relic they could get (probably club, but I wouldn't rule out staff entirely) would be wasted on them.
    I doubt even Mandau would go up, since the climactic flourish update Rudra's/Twashtar would be much better than mandau/mercy
    (0)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast