Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Indeed, but wouldn't you want to give feed back for something that's about to make a critical stand point to SMN that's about to be added to the game?

I made a thread of my idea as well but was pretty much shot down. So I understand your point of view.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...es-New-Uses%29
    (0)
    Last edited by Soundwave; 08-03-2011 at 04:14 AM. Reason: Added Link

Hail to the king baby, Sig by Kingfury

Character
    Tarage
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasaraixx View Post
    - No plans to implement "Stay" for any jobs outside BST (Sorry Tarage!)
    FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Please SE PLEASE. Just fix it so Avatar's don't auto-attack sleeping mobs. Come on, that isn't very hard and won't break anything. No one should be upset with that fix.
    (0)
    Last edited by Tarage; 08-03-2011 at 05:52 AM.

I think the "stay" command part says a lot about SE wanting us to assault our pets.

The problem is that first they need to convince 30 000 players that "avatars feeding TP won't wipe the party".
    (0)

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamasala View Post
    I think the "stay" command part says a lot about SE wanting us to assault our pets.

The problem is that first they need to convince 30 000 players that "avatars feeding TP won't wipe the party".
    The avatar feeding TP to the party is ok, because the avatar can use the TP to convert it to higher damage.

It is the SMN who uses the TP he feeds to the mob to keep avatars out without adding much damage at all is the problem.
    (0)

Character
    Arciele
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'm quite happy that they don't intend to add a "Stay" command, as useful as it may potentially be.

Avatar feeding TP has never been a real issue. All melee jobs feed TP to begin with, and avatars aren't really out of the norm in this sense. However, damage BPs do not feed TP, which is quite a bonus unique to SMN. You could just combine this with either of Assault/Retreat/Release to keep up BP only damage which don't feed TP.

This is, as such, an issue that can be easily be circumvented by player skill.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Korpg View Post
    The avatar feeding TP to the party is ok, because the avatar can use the TP to convert it to higher damage.

It is the SMN who uses the TP he feeds to the mob to keep avatars out without adding much damage at all is the problem.
    Except if you had ever tried melee yourself, you'd know most mobs you can melee on, you do the same damage/tp as an avatar. However I can't speak for the latest NMs, because if they one shot taru melee, I prefer to be at a safe distance.

But we do not really need this to be our 10th melee SMN thread. Better resume talking about some updates. Like that they should definitely stop making more WHM/BLM/BRD/SMN armors. I'm so fed up with sharing armors with jobs I don't share spells. Might as well give WARs MAB and try and convince them to switch to magic WSes.
    (0)

Character
    Razushu
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Except if you had ever tried melee yourself, you'd know most mobs you can melee on, you do the same damage/tp as an avatar. However I can't speak for the latest NMs, because if they one shot taru melee, I prefer to be at a safe distance.

But we do not really need this to be our 10th melee SMN thread. Better resume talking about some updates. Like that they should definitely stop making more WHM/BLM/BRD/SMN armors. I'm so fed up with sharing armors with jobs I don't share spells. Might as well give WARs MAB and try and convince them to switch to magic WSes.
    They should stop making those armors or start making at least one piece of the set a solid SMN piece. The Augur's set is a good example of a WHM/BLM/BRD/SMN/RDM/SCH armor. The Legs and Body are really nice for SMN and we can get use out of the hands. I would be happy if they continued giving us general mage gear if they start adding stats that actually benefit Summoner on at least one piece.
    (0)

Summoner [suhm-uhn-er]

1. Mystics who conjure avatars to fight by their sides, then sit back and enjoy the show while paying close attention to their MP as their minions deliver devastating blows to adversaries and provide aid to allies.
    2. Not a melee

The problem with one situational good piece of a set, is that you end up looking like a hobo. Not a big deal with grips, belts and such, but the more visible parts should all be full sets of SMN gear.

However, in some way SE has managed to make my SMN dress in a white jijitsu gi and have white subligars, so those random items at least match. Just need some red big boxing gloves and perhaps some sandals to finish the setup.
    (0)

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    The problem with one situational good piece of a set, is that you end up looking like a hobo. Not a big deal with grips, belts and such, but the more visible parts should all be full sets of SMN gear.

However, in some way SE has managed to make my SMN dress in a white jijitsu gi and have white subligars, so those random items at least match. Just need some red big boxing gloves and perhaps some sandals to finish the setup.
    Why do you care about looks anyway?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Korpg View Post
    Why do you care about looks anyway?
    Maybe like buying a 30,000 car and you want seat covers but they only make them in pink!

I dunno lol...

I somewhat care for looks but am thankful for AF3, now I can actually match.
    (0)

Hail to the king baby, Sig by Kingfury

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast