Trial of Magians reqired NMs

No, i don't not have a problem with the number of NMs needed.
    However i have an idea regarding them.

While the NMs are easy when you plan for the right jobs to be there.
    we cant help but have our parties flooded with people one a strict set of jobs
    making simple NMs impossible to kill with out having people willingly change jobs in
    promise that we will get them their kills later.

NM Kill Recorder. this way a player dosnt have to be forced to be on MNK when they
    are more useful on WHM or BLM or PLD.

This idea came about when i was trying to get my 6 Shoggoth kills.
    I needed it for my MNK weapon but we needed a WHM. our party was 4 MNKs
    2 DRGs a WHM(that we had to bribe into helping us).

If i could have been on WHM and still got kills counting for my weapon i would have
    swapped to WHM in a heart beat.

SE there has to be some way this can be changed.

Maybe some kind of item a player can equip to any job that can record kills
    maybe make the Magian specs a head piece that can count kills of any quest active.
    but then... how could it tell the difference between one quest and another...
    maybe if the player could set the priority of trials... hmmm.

Oh what if the specs can be linked to record the trials of a certain weapon :O

just throwing ideas out there.
    (0)
    Cyrusskorrey the "Paragon of Galka Excellence"

Character
    Covenant
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    Im pretty disappointed in this train of thought, thinking "We need this type of job" or telling people to switch. Will this fight be tougher sure, but impossible?
    (0)

Your right Covenant, it is possible just to have a party of DD/Healers but the level of difficulty can be shifted
    drastically by adding in a healing job as main. sadly getting friends/LS mates to help with this kind of thing isn't always an option.
    (0)
    Cyrusskorrey the "Paragon of Galka Excellence"

Player
    Why's it gotta be easier?
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Bumbeen,

why not?

:b

Anyways, yeah, there are some NMs that are a bit out of place, really.
    Shoggoth being extremely so...

However, I think the point of the trials is for one to... well, go through the trial and doing it without the weapon for example that the trial is to be made with, doesn't really make sense at all to me.
    That being said, the trials should be doable by those jobs that they are created for!

I don't understand some of them, at all. Just comparing the monsters that a Ninja has to go through to those a Monk needs to handle, it kind of makes things look broken, more or less. Obviously, though, it would be rather tricky to make those monsters so weak that a White Mage could defeat them, but that's a bit different since White Mage usually is not much into the killing business, though what if a big group of them is on the loose (they certainly can be, and sort of seems to be more so than a Red Mage on some aspects, which is just weird, but I digress!)

But yeah, point being: I think there are some really out-of-place monsters for the trials and they are unevenly balanced in difficulty for the range of jobs. Or so I think.
    (1)
    ...or so the legend says.

Player
    unbalanced is a lot different than easy for the sake of being easy.
    (0)