World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

FINAL FANTASY XI Job Adjustment Manifesto-Warrior

Original Page:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/11485

# Vision
    Damage dealers who use their brawn to continuously pummel foes with a barrage of physical damage, but also use their brains to adapt to the situation at hand.

We will certainly preserve the warrior's physical prowess, which makes it such an imposing damage dealer, but we also want to make it a more flexible attacker. We hope to accomplish through such means as adding abilities that modify weapon properties, making for more enemy-overpowering carnage.

# Example Adjustments

* Adding new ability that would allow warriors to change a weapon's damage type (slashing/blunt/piercing) during combat.
    * Adding a new ability that would ensure the next melee attack lands a critical hit.
    ---------

I like this vision they have for Warrior (...more enemy-overpowering carnage")

First Example is pretty cool,to be able to piercing or blunt with a GA is insane especially if it's active during WS.

Second example would be super if it had a low recast time similar to Boost or Sneak Attack.Pity they only mention that it's for "melee" hit only.
    To be able to stack it with Warrior's Charge and WS would be wild.
    (0)

Character
    Covenant
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    I've seen people mention the "type-changing" /JA as pointless being that warriors can equip any weapon. Just to mention to those that don't know, there is a significant skill difference(+20pts) between weapons. Second, thematically a true warrior could manipulate his weapon whether axe or sword to do different damage. That is, a warrior could when not wanting to kill outright could hit their opponent with "the side of their blades". Piercing is a standard of fencing otherwise know as a lunge.

As with almost all the new "Maniestos" rather than give player acces to both 2 hr ability of job and sub job, SE seems to be going in the direction of "mini 2hrs".
    (0)

Player
    I do think that rather then giving us a "dmg-type change" JA I would rather see a window in which we can change weapons within a 30 second time frame and not lose TP. I think that would further the idea of being masters of different weaponry since they would be able to keep their TP from another weapon and switch to a different dmg type actually making use of their other Combat skills rather then just keep them as GA users.

Also on terms of combat skills I would like to see Job traits that give specific enhancements/attributes based on the weapon being used. Just making two one that can be /war and one that only WAR's gain access to would add a lot of variables as to what war can offer as a sub then just 5% DA lol.
    (0)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Part 1: HI DRG I HERD YOU LIKE PERCING DMG SO I HAD UKKOS FURY AND A BIRD AND KILLED YOUR EXISTENCE

Part 2: HI THF N /THF I HERD YOU LIKE CRIT HITS SO I HAD UKKOS FURY AND A CRIT AND KILLED YOUR EXISTENCE

SE is being pretty blatant that they want WAR to overshadow everyone else in outright DD.

Edit: If it is only for melee hits, I hope it procs during Retaliation since +2 boots give Retaliation hits ~20% more damage.
    (0)

Character
    Tsuneo
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Why would the damage type change be any different than Joyeuse having piercing melee hits and slashing weaponskills?
    (0)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuneo View Post
    Why would the damage type change be any different than Joyeuse having piercing melee hits and slashing weaponskills?
    Why wouldn't it be?

It probably won't, so it wont matter very much, but its just more dps for us.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Shirkan View Post
    Second example would be super if it had a low recast time similar to Boost or Sneak Attack.Pity they only mention that it's for "melee" hit only.
    To be able to stack it with Warrior's Charge and WS would be wild.
    'melee hits only' COULD simply mean that ranged attacks and lolsubmagic attacks won't be guaranteed crits. Doesn't necessarily mean not on WS, as long as it's a melee WS, not /rng misswinder etc.
    (0)

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    It is very likely that it will be the WAR's version of Sneak Attack.
    (0)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    WAR is becoming the Crit King, instead of THF.

Not that it's not already
    (0)

Character
    Covenant
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    Timer will probably be in the 5 or 10 minute range for the warrior critical hot(10 more like as with elemental seal or other lvl 10 job abilities. This will hardly kick a thief out of their SATA roles. Why 10 min? Well a warrior could already go /THF and gain SATA. So really SE didn't even need to offer this "manifesto" this is a over redundancy.

Sometimes the bonus of weapon type are really powerful, unfortunately not enough mobs have these native weakness. I was playing blu the other day and used dimensional death on magic pots...my mouth dropped open. The additional difference of blunt damage AND mob family weakness(undead) made this mp cheap spell perform amazingly. So giving warriors this versatility will actually make them unique in the melee field. As does skill chain making samurais amazing.
    If SE were to make weapon-type damage a job trait similar to "killer effect", on top of fencer would really make warrior truly frightening.
    (0)

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast