Character
    Liquidblue
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Key item auto-translate root missing

I use the auto-translated names of key items often, or I used to, before my key item auto-translate root disappeared. Now, when I go to open the key item translate root, it's missing from the menu. <space> <tab> <up> - I have (in ascending order from the bottom) [Items] [Expansions] etc...

It used to be really useful when trying to explain certain key items (atmas, abyssites, pop sets, etc.) to my fellow players that speak a foreign language. With it missing, there is sometimes a real communication barrier there. I know it's a widespread issue - it started gradually as people accumulated more key items - but now almost everyone in my linkshell has the same problem. Since I posted a thread recently about this topic in a different game-related forum that thread has received nearly 2,000 hits.

Please fix the key items translate list, pretty please?

Platform: PC (win 7, vista, xp, x64, x86), xbox, ps3, ps2
    ISP: Any
    Type of Internet Connection: Any
    Internet Connection Speed: Any
    Date & Time: Error experienced since before 11/27/10
    Frequency: Always
    Character Name: Various characters
    Race: Various races
    World: Documented on Cerberus, Odin, Phoenix, Shiva, Carbuncle, Asura, Bahamut, Quetzalcoatl, Lakshmi, Gilgamesh, Siren, Ramuh, Alexander, Sylph
    Main Job: Any
    Support Job: Any
    Area and Coordinates: Any
    Party or Solo: Any
    Additional testing: After I spoke with SE support (and was told they don't support Windows 7, lol) I tried a few tests, the most compelling of which was using a friend's mule to log in on my pc to test the key items menu. It is character-specific, the key items translate menu on a character with fewer than ~255 key items works just fine on my desktop pc and laptop, but characters with many key items can no longer access the key item translate dictionary.
    (0)
    Last edited by Liquidblue; 03-10-2011 at 01:48 PM. Reason: edit: Applied thread template

Character
    Sharnak
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Same happen to me and my friend, Is it cuz SE adjustment Auto-Trans function to fix with PS2 memory issue? .
    (0)

Character
    Liquidblue
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharnak View Post
    Same happen to me and my friend, Is it cuz SE adjustment Auto-Trans function to fix with PS2 memory issue? .
    This issue presented before the problems with PS2 hard drive space filling up and is not limited to a single platform.
    (0)

Thank you for your report Liquidblue, and for filling out the necessary information. I'll escalate this right away and we'll reply to this thread once we receive a response on what may be causing the key items to not appear in your auto-translator. Thank you!
    (0)