Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58
    Character
    Vassago
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Its a futile attempt to make these kids shut up.
    They want SE to do their jobs for them for christ sake...
    (1)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Taint2 View Post
    Melee is all that matters for DRK. Anything on the magic side will be bettered by a mage job.

Endark was a spell worthly of a DRK but the cast time needs to halved. The best Magic fix I can see for DRK is to take away the casting penalty on Hasso/Seigan.
    True, and in end-game this is a solid fact. Proven a hundred, thousand, million, billion times over.

And anyone who argues against this (which I think nobody does), with DRK in its current state (and state since the beginning of time) is a moron.

However:

It would be nice for our melee/damage/purpose to be boosted through some type of synergy between spellcasting that focuses on melee augmentation.

Or for something to be given that adds utility: another stun, terror, debuff mob to physical/magical damage or an ability that shortens dark magic recast or more potent dark magic in our arsenal.

And during events we can fulfill our specific melee only role, and hey, we could maybe use a tiny bit of a boost there too.

Or perhaps with a miracle be given another dimension to our job, other than just doing pure physical damage, even in the form of increasing the damage of other party members and our own through a Dark Magic or Job Ability debuff.

Because there are about 7 other jobs just for that in all kinds of boring vanilla flavors.

But:

It does not have to be this way and really shouldn't considering the theme, and potential the job would have with some competent design behind it. Nobody including myself is asking the wheel to be re-invented.

We want simple things like job traits that make sense, and Dark Magic that is actually worth casting, and that through its vampiric nature, actually succeeds in doing what is advertised: mostly faster, three minute cool down on Drain II is silly, 75s or 120s please (before haste.)

Our specific line of absorb-spells outside of one (mabye two) being useful and worth casting in more than zero situations.

And perhaps some form of quick instant damage that puts our Dark Magic skill and four tiers of OA to use.

And:

Many of us would be happy also with some small tweaks on the side for our own benefit much akin to how a RDM melees outside of a party or alliance or events, for their own benefit. Or many other jobs do things for their own benefit, or in low man/soloing situations have use.

Anything magic based would not be bettered by a Mage job de facto.

That's only because our magic/spells are implemented poorly and we have little to no specialization, and are nowhere near "The Most Affluent in Dark Magic" as SE purportedly claims they have our "vision" of us to be.

A curious occurence. . .
    Ironically DRK has the only nerfed spell in PvP (Dread spikes). It's nerfed to uselessness already being made futile against anything monster/person with MDT gear, or darkness based target or undead.
    (3 things! Woo!)

It only lasts a minute: In PvE that hardly matters, in PvP woop kite for a minute, and who cares it does 20% of max hp, negligible after MDT reduction.

Its marginally useful in end game situations/any situation. The fact that the Dark Magic of Dark Knight is so underwhelming is entirley SE's fault. Dark Magic is all a stones throw away from being really really good, but its limited by either: recast, duration, or a severley hampered effect.

In addition to absurdity like the above they won't give us a native tier of Magic Attack Bonus?

I suppose it is no wonder why our magic is lacking when instead of MABI they gave us Tactical Parry.

Finally:

I don't want to play a job that can only melee 100% of the time, and why would you want to? There's a DRK without MP its called warrior, and if you want some Asian cuisine we have Monk and Samurai too.

SE, just give us a HP -> TP version of sublimation that we can store then activate to give us TP on demand. Sublimation was our ability (CUT MAHSELF AND SACRIFICE HPEES FOR MPEES) but you gave it to Scholar soooo whatever.

HP -> TP. Done!
    (3)
    Last edited by Urteil; 11-29-2011 at 11:16 PM.

Character
    Juggernautx
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    It is almost Christmas and I want new toys. /support on
    (3)

Character
    Limlight
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urteil View Post
    True, and in end-game this is a solid fact. Proven a hundred, thousand, million, billion times over.

And anyone who argues against this (which I think nobody does), with DRK in its current state (and state since the beginning of time) is a moron.

However:

It would be nice for our melee/damage/purpose to be boosted through some type of synergy between spellcasting that focuses on melee augmentation.

Or for something to be given that adds utility: another stun, terror, debuff mob to physical/magical damage or an ability that shortens dark magic recast or more potent dark magic in our arsenal.

And during events we can fulfill our specific melee only role, and hey, we could maybe use a tiny bit of a boost there too.

Or perhaps with a miracle be given another dimension to our job, other than just doing pure physical damage, even in the form of increasing the damage of other party members and our own through a Dark Magic or Job Ability debuff.

Because there are about 7 other jobs just for that in all kinds of boring vanilla flavors.

But:

It does not have to be this way and really shouldn't considering the theme, and potential the job would have with some competent design behind it. Nobody including myself is asking the wheel to be re-invented.

We want simple things like job traits that make sense, and Dark Magic that is actually worth casting, and that through its vampiric nature, actually succeeds in doing what is advertised: mostly faster, three minute cool down on Drain II is silly, 75s or 120s please (before haste.)

Our specific line of absorb-spells outside of one (mabye two) being useful and worth casting in more than zero situations.

And perhaps some form of quick instant damage that puts our Dark Magic skill and four tiers of OA to use.

And:

Many of us would be happy also with some small tweaks on the side for our own benefit much akin to how a RDM melees outside of a party or alliance or events, for their own benefit. Or many other jobs do things for their own benefit, or in low man/soloing situations have use.

Anything magic based would not be bettered by a Mage job de facto.

That's only because our magic/spells are implemented poorly and we have little to no specialization, and are nowhere near "The Most Affluent in Dark Magic" as SE purportedly claims they have our "vision" of us to be.

A curious occurence. . .
    Ironically DRK has the only nerfed spell in PvP (Dread spikes). It's nerfed to uselessness already being made futile against anything monster/person with MDT gear, or darkness based target or undead.
    (3 things! Woo!)

It only lasts a minute: In PvE that hardly matters, in PvP woop kite for a minute, and who cares it does 20% of max hp, negligible after MDT reduction.

Its marginally useful in end game situations/any situation. The fact that the Dark Magic of Dark Knight is so underwhelming is entirley SE's fault. Dark Magic is all a stones throw away from being really really good, but its limited by either: recast, duration, or a severley hampered effect.

In addition to absurdity like the above they won't give us a native tier of Magic Attack Bonus?

I suppose it is no wonder why our magic is lacking when instead of MABI they gave us Tactical Parry.

Finally:

I don't want to play a job that can only melee 100% of the time, and why would you want to? There's a DRK without MP its called warrior, and if you want some Asian cuisine we have Monk and Samurai too.

SE, just give us a HP -> TP version of sublimation that we can store then activate to give us TP on demand. Sublimation was our ability (CUT MAHSELF AND SACRIFICE HPEES FOR MPEES) but you gave it to Scholar soooo whatever.

HP -> TP. Done!
    well thought/wrote out, we're on the same bandwagon. FINALLY lol
    (1)

Player
    I support all of what Urtiel has been saying throughout this thread. DRK is by far my favorite job on FFXI, but it's really getting hard to keep up that love after all these years. Especially with all the doting and spoiling that WAR SAM MNK have been getting for all these years while we keep getting buried further and further into the ground; and that hole will soon be filling up with us still inside if something right isn't done. That is something that I never want to see happen.
    (0)

Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58