Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Character
    Dauntless
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    It's rather easy to be a cookie-cutter job and make fun of less pampered jobs, isn't it?

What I'm saying is that through our lack of crit our WS damage is currently lacking in power, and all SE wants to do is try to shove gimp magic down our throats.

I don't like this new JA in particular because we attack slow, monsters tend not to be alive long, and DD's rely on WS damage for...damage. The only way this JA would make the hit for hit worth the loss of TP would be if they increased the hits to average 600+. This would make it almost twice as effective as souleater, another reason why I don't see it likely.

But we'll see what happens. As it stands, I'm deeply dissatisfied.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dauntless; 07-16-2011 at 12:47 PM.
    RIP Shadowix 75 DRG-WAR-DRK

You're lacking in WS power specifically because you're lacking crits? Nah.

You're lacking DD power in Abyssea because you lack a crit WS? Sure.

It's too bad Abyssea has absolutely zero bearing on levels 91-99, huh? Well, I mean, for people who are capable of moving beyond Abyssea content-wise.
    (4)

Character
    Raxiaz
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 96
    *Haven't read topic*

I'm still hoping SE will give DRK auto-refresh. It's probably negligible at this point in the game, but if they want DRKs to be magic casters, then DRKs need a way to restore MP.

Perhaps giving them the all-mighty spell idea of "HP damage, caster gains MP proportionate to damage dealt" would be the better fix to that. Would make so much more sense for DRK. ...Only my 2 cents, DRK isn't past level 37 on either of my chars.
    (1)

Character
    Dauntless
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    You're lacking in WS power specifically because you're lacking crits? Nah.

You're lacking DD power in Abyssea because you lack a crit WS? Sure.

It's too bad Abyssea has absolutely zero bearing on levels 91-99, huh? Well, I mean, for people who are capable of moving beyond Abyssea content-wise.
    Well yes, I still feel DRK is a decent enough DD outside of Abyssea even with all the lolupdates SE has thrown at us.

Still, as is I don't see DRK being used much outside of Abyssea either unless some useful updates are made, and sacrificing TP for hit damage does not count as useful unless the JA can be used at 100+ tp and the damage counts towards weaponskills.

Oh, and auto-refresh would be lovely.
    (0)

Character
    Golovko
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    ahaha I just remembered catastrophe is an elemental WS rock on patch notes! I'm being serious by the way, looking into making an Apoc myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Raxiaz View Post
    *Haven't read topic*

I'm still hoping SE will give DRK auto-refresh. It's probably negligible at this point in the game, but if they want DRKs to be magic casters, then DRKs need a way to restore MP.

Perhaps giving them the all-mighty spell idea of "HP damage, caster gains MP proportionate to damage dealt" would be the better fix to that. Would make so much more sense for DRK. ...Only my 2 cents, DRK isn't past level 37 on either of my chars.
    A way to restore MP huh? If only they had some magical spell that drained it.
    (0)

Character
    Dauntless
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldbrand View Post
    ahaha I just remembered catastrophe is an elemental WS rock on patch notes! I'm being serious by the way, looking into making an Apoc myself.

A way to restore MP huh? If only they had some magical spell that drained it.
    Yeah, and if only that spell didn't have a semi-long cooldown and is only able to be used on mobs that..dunno..actually have mp? Oh, and if only dark magic wasn't gimped. That would be cool too.
    (3)

Character
    Zatias
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Maybe if the increased melee damage drained MP instead of raping the TP gain it would be nice. Not the first to say: "Son I am dissapoint."

Ability
    Soul Tap: Gradually reduces MP for a significant damage increase.
    Recast:10min
    Duration:5min or until MP reaches 0.

This will increase your damage per swing (and all weaponskills) by maybe 15-20%. Was thinking along the lines of 10mp/tic to upkeep this.

See, now we know we have an MP pool!

Can I has it SE? lol
    (5)

Character
    Zeroe
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I agree with the OP. Dark Knight right now gets outmatched DOT (obviously) by nin, but I don't see them nerfing there DEF just to put up high Numbers. Don't even get started when it comes to Blade: Hi / Quites for damage. With dark, we honestly need a way to survive. Drain II just dosn't cut it anymore. I understand that we arn't a class thats ment for high DEF, but still we lose too much DEF for what feels like so little gain.
    (3)

Character
    Dauntless
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeroe View Post
    Dark Knight right now gets outmatched DOT (obviously) by nin
    This is essentially the problem, and I doubt neither elemental magic nor elemental weaponskills can remedy this.
    (0)

If it's 0TP gain does that mean every hit is like 1k+
    (0)

Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast