Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Erila
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Best Weapon? like... Best Dmg Weapon. Yes. Best weapon... i think that's depending on the Role you wish to fulfill
    I personally would say Terpsichor would be the best Weapon to compliment my Playstyle, then again that can vary from Player to Player.
    (0)
    Odin Server

lv119 DNC ~ 119 SAM ~ 119 More that i dont use.
    Gute Mädchen kommen in den Himmel ! Böse Mädchen kommen überall hin !!

Quote Originally Posted by Eri View Post
    Best Weapon? like... Best Dmg Weapon. Yes. Best weapon... i think that's depending on the Role you wish to fulfill
    I personally would say Terpsichor would be the best Weapon to compliment my Playstyle, then again that can vary from Player to Player.
    As much as I would like a Terpsichor to fool around with, even at 4 extra FM per step, you still have to wait on the same Flourish timers to use them as well as to get the aftermath you have to use a less than ideal WS. Also, with Presto, the Auguments Steps function is just more devalued.

Not to mention the difficulty of even getting a Mythic in general.
    (0)

Character
    Erila
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    But Twashtar is truely only a Dmg Weapon. I'd personally rather get no Aftermath but a few buffs i that really help me and the pt instead of just doing Dmg^^; Maybe thats Just me. Also considder Tersichor takes the debuffs on max Level at once so you can keep easyly 3-4 Steps up at Cap, which will help your Group unless the Mob is dead in 2 secs anyway.
    (0)
    Odin Server

Quote Originally Posted by Eri View Post
    But Twashtar is truely only a Dmg Weapon. I'd personally rather get no Aftermath but a few buffs i that really help me and the pt instead of just doing Dmg^^; Maybe thats Just me. Also considder Tersichor takes the debuffs on max Level at once so you can keep easyly 3-4 Steps up at Cap, which will help your Group unless the Mob is dead in 2 secs anyway.
    What buffs are more important than you losing a significant amount of damage over? :P Not to mention there isn't anything worth using Climactic Flourish on anyways if you're not using Rudra's, so there's one less flourish to use with a whole lot of Steps you can still use.

Also, just looking at wiki though, but are you sure it raises steps 4 levels too? I've never heard of that and the wiki page doesn't mention that either.

Regardless, It's easy to keep up two steps anyways.
    (0)

Character
    Nailah
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I am not posting much in this forum and what happens here is just a perfect example as to why that might be. The ignorance of some people who are convinced that their way and only their way is the one that leads to success. Why, why is it so damn hard to accept others opinions and playstyles? Mr. Alkaline, has it ever occured to you, that not everyone wants to play DNC as DD and couldn't care less about the "additional damage" you might get from your oh so precious Rudra's Storm? Has it ever occured to you that some couldn't care less about it and rather focus on debuffs, buffs, cures (support) and that this oh so awesome weapon has nothing to complement that sort of play?

I agree with you, damage wise there is nothing better than the Empyrean weapon but that doesn't make it the best weapon for every purpose and especially not for everyone! Open up your mind and don't be such an ignorant (this doesn't only go to you but to many other people on this forum who are 100% set in their ways and there is no chance anyone else besides them is right)
    (1)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Leylia View Post
    I am not posting much in this forum and what happens here is just a perfect example as to why that might be. The ignorance of some people who are convinced that their way and only their way is the one that leads to success. Why, why is it so damn hard to accept others opinions and playstyles? Mr. Alkaline, has it ever occured to you, that not everyone wants to play DNC as DD and couldn't care less about the "additional damage" you might get from your oh so precious Rudra's Storm? Has it ever occured to you that some couldn't care less about it and rather focus on debuffs, buffs, cures (support) and that this oh so awesome weapon has nothing to complement that sort of play?

I agree with you, damage wise there is nothing better than the Empyrean weapon but that doesn't make it the best weapon for every purpose and especially not for everyone! Open up your mind and don't be such an ignorant (this doesn't only go to you but to many other people on this forum who are 100% set in their ways and there is no chance anyone else besides them is right)
    You're free to play however you want, (you use Phurba mainhand and a TP-gain offhand like OA2-4?), but Twashtar is a solid option regardless what role you're playing due to its low delay (increases TP gain) and DPS.

As far as the damage potential outside Abyssea, I made a TP Bonus Fusetto +2 and have been going around Rudra'sing things. It does about as much damage as my Evisceration on average now (maybe a little less) and gives me AM, but maaaaan does it ever hurt when that first hit misses.
    200 damage Rudra's -> 200 damage Rudra's -> 250 damage Darkness -> Q.QTarooo

On the other hand,
    2500 damage Rudra's -> 2800 damage Rudra's -> 3600 damage Darkness -> \(^.^)/

I did 1600 to the stupid Apollyon Limbus turtle the other day, haha. Considering I was swinging for single digits.... pretty good!
    (1)

Character
    Nailah
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    You're free to play however you want, (you use Phurba mainhand and a TP-gain offhand like OA2-4?), but Twashtar is a solid option regardless what role you're playing due to its low delay (increases TP gain) and DPS.

As far as the damage potential outside Abyssea, I made a TP Bonus Fusetto +2 and have been going around Rudra'sing things. It does about as much damage as my Evisceration on average now (maybe a little less) and gives me AM, but maaaaan does it ever hurt when that first hit misses.
    200 damage Rudra's -> 200 damage Rudra's -> 250 damage Darkness -> Q.QTarooo

On the other hand,
    2500 damage Rudra's -> 2800 damage Rudra's -> 3600 damage Darkness -> \(^.^)/

I did 1600 to the stupid Apollyon Limbus turtle the other day, haha. Considering I was swinging for single digits.... pretty good!
    As I said, I do not doubt the damage potential of the weapon and I would be kind of insane if I wouldn't believe it is the best DD weapon for DNC. Your post simply shows some numbers and elaborates why it is the best weapon/WS a DNC can have but you do not bash on other opinions and playing styles, which is the major difference between your post and the posts made by people I complained about. I think your post is great and can be seen as worthy addition to this threads purpose while others (in my opinion) do not offer as much.

Back to the job adjustments though: I really hope, SEs display of changes is really just the surface of what's to come sinceI still believe an adjustment in the waltz recast department is necessary (if not for the curing waltzes, at least the healing waltz timer should be seperate). Changing Divine Waltz so it can be used on other parties I'd consider a pretty important thing as well, just as much as I want Sambas to apply to the whole alliance. I mean, after all, it is the mob that is inflicted by the daze which then gives the people the samba effect and to my knowledge, the alliance hits the same mob as the party does. Or not?
    (1)

I understand different playstyles, and I'm not saying Twashtar is the end all best situational weapon ever, but I has it ever occured to you these forums are meant as a way of you know, debating and learning from each other? There was nothing in my posts to suggest an overly aggressive or demeaning intent (unlike yours) I was merely pointing out the flaws in Eri's argument. I merely stated and asked what debuffs would be worth the loss of very big amount of damage. Perhaps you should practice what you preach.

I will admit I do enjoy playing DNC in more of a DD fashion, but there's absolutely no reason you can't DD and contribute support at the same time. You can still buff/debuff and TP in capped haste and WS with good numbers, at our current state, our main healing skills are quite laughable, so with anything you do party wise, you'll probably already have a dedicated healer. It's not hard to keep up Haste Samba nor is it hard to keep up debuffs.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I really hope, SEs display of changes is really just the surface of what's to come since I still believe an adjustment in the waltz recast department is necessary (if not for the curing waltzes, at least the healing waltz timer should be seperate). Changing Divine Waltz so it can be used on other parties I'd consider a pretty important thing as well, just as much as I want Sambas to apply to the whole alliance. I mean, after all, it is the mob that is inflicted by the daze which then gives the people the samba effect and to my knowledge, the alliance hits the same mob as the party does. Or not?
    Thank you, and about the adjustments:
    * I was more interested in alliance-wide Sambas when I did more things with Alliances, but I rarely do things with more than a party these days. If I could give Alliance wide Sambas, I think the only time it would have helped me in the last two months was during one of the two Dynamis - Tavs I did. I think it's silly that they don't apply to the alliance/pets, but this game is filled with silly things. As far as Waltz adjustments, my google-translate-fu tells me that the JP community is at least on the same page as us about that. Everyone wants Waltz timers split.

The purpose of a forum like this one isn't to discuss how we play, but the ideal way to play. We all know how we play before we go to the forum, so we'd wasting our time if we didn't go there for something else. At the moment, outside Abyssea, support Dancer is just as strong and viable as it has ever been. The changes we beg for (splitting Waltz timers, etc.) aren't really incredibly relevant to the outside-Abyssea player, where a 500HP Waltz III is generally enough.

The problem is that no one needs support DNC at the moment. There are no more 6-person merit-style killfests, which is the place where support DNC really excelled. Even if there was, it's unclear to me that support role Dancer would be desired again. and MP is much easier to come by than it was at 75 (Refresh II, Ballad III, easy Ballad+1 instrument, AF3+2 pants for both jobs, Convert from Sub). It's too bad, but it is what it is. I'm still going to fight to make Terpsichore for a supporting role mainhand, but it's going to be a long fight.
    (0)

Character
    Erila
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    ....The problem is that no one needs support DNC at the moment. There are no more 6-person merit-style killfests, which is the place where support DNC really excelled. Even if there was, it's unclear to me that support role Dancer would be desired again. and MP is much easier to come by than it was at 75 (Refresh II, Ballad III, easy Ballad+1 instrument, AF3+2 pants for both jobs, Convert from Sub). It's too bad, but it is what it is. I'm still going to fight to make Terpsichore for a supporting role mainhand, but it's going to be a long fight.
    My first Concern is not that there are no 6 ppl exp PTs anymore as thu as i miss these.
    And neither would i deny i love Rudras..... its so mutch fun <3

I miss the Supportive Role a Lot thu.... capping hate after 1 Ws doest make you support -_-

Thats my issue with Twashtar. It doesn't buff the Job but focusses on dmg...
    if im just Holding Mobs or cureing a lot i'll be Phurba/OAT2-4 or STP+15/Oat2-4 (to mutch Tp most of the time)

I had an intresting Idea that went to the WoEs Thread concerning job secifcating WoE Weapons,
    You might want to go there and check that Byrth.

And to the Terpsicore..... its so mutch silly stuff..... i miss Assaults got most of the rest.....
    Maybe someday!

It sometimes happend that the Forced Crit (Climactic) would not Work on WS OR miss entirely (overcapped on Acc).

Looking at Manifesto thu..... Tripple attack? Nice! i Know what im not useing!
    Seriously thu, i'm mutch more intrested in the revision of existing Merrits that was Mentionend!

Might be getting to put more merrits in Haste Samba!
    (0)
    Odin Server

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast