Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Scholar adjustments: Recall and Retrace

I think scholar should get Recall and Retrace. In my opinion it makes more sense for scholars to get those spells than white and black mages. Scholars are mages from that time period, and anyone who's completed Survival of the Wisest knows that scholars are tied to the past and have been eradicated (with the exception of adventurers who travel through time). So, scholars retracing others to the past and recalling their age of glory makes more sense than WHMs and BLMs doing this. Also, I do think that the grimoire HAS to mention the telepoints in Jugner, Meriphataud, and Passhow somewhere in its pages.

Scholars recalling and retracing especially makes sense since they actually have a book to aid in that endeavor (using the words with their real meanings, not their FFXI spell meanings). Also, if Retrace could work with Accession, that'd be just wonderful. But I'd be happy just to get the spells that WHM and BLM shouldn't have gotten anyway, at least not before SCH. I would be ecstatic.
    (9)

In before haters.

It does however indeed make sense as you said. Yeah BLM and WHM get teleport and Warps, but Recall and Retrace are indeed a different type, given lore.
    (0)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Character
    Altrage
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 90
    It okay, SCH is getting Ultima (via usage of their 2hr), SE said so! (pure speculation as a set spell has not been identified)
    (0)

I think this is a reasonable request
    (0)

+1

I've actually never thought about this, but now i believe it NEEDS to be done. Also, when they add them, they should obtain the spell naturally before BLM & WHM do.
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Not hating on lolsch, but to be honest, you are not a whm or a blm. Sch has it's own way to be played and dose not need to "step on" other jobs more then it already dose.
    (6)

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    Why not ask for All WHM and BLM spells also.
    (5)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Korpg View Post
    Why not ask for All WHM and BLM spells also.
    Sounds like a good start.

(yes, sarcasm)
    (0)

Character
    Altrage
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 90
    Yeah because we should only have 2 jobs that have utility spells X.x /sarcasm

As a SCH main, we are basically a quicker buffer (able to AoE things), better at crowd control (Sleepga, SleepIga, SleepIIga, Bindga, Graviga, Animus- spells), but lack in the Healing and AoE magic damage areas. That's what a SCH is.

Just like when you think of BLM or WHM you don't say "Oh thats a teleporter that can heal, or a home-pointer that can Magic Damage" Those are just bonus utilities they have, why does it have to be secluded to two jobs? If you can give a VALID reason (not just "QQ they have too much already" or something of the like) I would like to hear it.
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    Not hating on lolsch, but to be honest, you are not a whm or a blm. Sch has it's own way to be played and dose not need to "step on" other jobs more then it already dose.

Thank you. Glad someone said it. Most of WHM's transportation spells can be used via /WHM now, as can Warp II be used /BLM. Let them at least keep some of their convenience magic.

How about more SCH-only magic instead, and enhancing the potency of Regain because 1/tic doesn't justify the MP & stratagems cost in my eyes. Accession + Haste would also be wonderful.

Actually, SCH is all about studying, learning etc... so how about a spell to increase critical hit rate and/or damage? SCH are master tacticians, which means they should be well versed both in magical and martial implements of war.
    (3)
    Last edited by Malacite; 07-16-2011 at 03:05 PM.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast