Character
    Haganenotlaloc
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 90

missing cutscenes in full moon fountain/throne room

both cutscenes missing right before the battle, as i enter the battlefield -for the first and succesive times- it wont give me the option to skip or view, instead it drops me right into the battle

Platform:
    Windows

Type of Internet Connection:
    DSL

Frequency:
    Always

Character Name:
    Haganenonana and Haganenotlaloc

Race:
    Hume M, TarutaruF

World:
    Sylph

Main Job:
    Summoner 43-Haganenonana
    Dancer 85-Haganenotlaloc

Area and Coordinates:
    Throne Room and Full Moon Fountain

Party or Solo:
    Party 2 Members

Monster Name:
    Opening scene for both fights: Shadow Lord and Fenrir

Steps:
    1. zone into either throne room or full moon fountain
    2. click the BCNM to enter the fight
    3. no cutscenes shown and no option to view or skip shown
    (0)

Hi tlaloc, thank you for posting your problem about receiving these cutscenes. I want to say that this may be caused due to corrupted files on your PS2. I've played on a PS2 for several years and had the same problem.

What you may want to try is running a file check on your FFXI data, which can be done from the POL viewer login screen. Remember to select the FFXI files and not the playonline ones too. If this doesn't resolve your problem, please let us know and I'll submit your issue to the developers right away. Thank you!
    (0)

Character
    Haganenotlaloc
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 90
    I dont play on PS2... "plataform: windows" <please check it> but i assume it works either way,i'll post an update with the outcome on this matter. Thanks for the info and the reply!
    (0)

Sandy, though stationed in windy as a spy.
    yea, I wanna have someone look into this as well. I get the option to skip the shadow lord cs when I help with the fight. but the last 3 times I've helped with it, the person who entered the battlefield first doesn't get the cutscene for it. I literally just helped someone do the fight and he got no opening cutscene for the fight, just entered the battlefield and saw the shadow lord standing there. normally I'd think this was the fault of the player, but after watching this happen to 3 different players, 2 on pc and one on xbox, I'm beginning to think that something is wrong with the area itself somewhere.
    (0)
    Dodgin bullets~

Character
    Haganenotlaloc
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 90
    i ran the filecheck on both PC's and no problem was found, maybe it has to do with a pty of two going there or as PandyTwi said, something wrong with the area itself, because i was also helping another person when that happened, i even blamed her for pushing the skip button and she said she didnt get any options, she was just dropped into the battlefield while me in the other hand i got the option to view or skip the cut scene. So pleaseeee have someone check this issue, is not because a corrupted file it may have something to do with one of us being higher level or going there as a pty of two, or a problem with the area
    (0)

Sandy, though stationed in windy as a spy.
    << sry, just the main thing that annoyed me about this is for my friend to see the cutscene now, we gotta reclimb that entire god-forsaken castle again.
    (0)
    Dodgin bullets~

Greetings all!

The details and steps taken to resolve the current issue is much appreciated. We apologize for the trouble and frustration that has been causing. This issue has been brought to our attention already and has been forwarded to try and get it resolved. As we continue to look into this issue, any updates will be posted within the forums once they are available. Thank you for your patience!

- Xophious
    (0)