World: Phoenix
    Main Job: 90 Monk
    Support Job: 45 Ninja
    Area and Coordinates: N/A
    Party or Solo: Party, Solo, or Alliance
    NPC Name: None
    Monster Name: N/A
    Steps:
    1. Engage in battle with any enemy while having the relic weapon Spharai equiped (any level/trial version should suffice, though I have personally done the most testing with the level 85 version).
    2. Note that 'Relic Procs,' or the hidden ability of relic weapons to deal between two and three times normal damage (depending on the weapon in question, Spharai has a 3x multiplier in this case), are only able to be made with the first hit of each attack round made by the player.
    3. Step 2 contradicts every other relic weapon, making Spharai the only relic unable to perform 'relic procs' on double attacks, triple attacks, and (I am uncertain of this last one) zanshin attacks.
    4. Spharai is also unable to 'relic proc' on 'off-hand' hits (despite Spharai being a Hand-to-Hand weapon and therefore effecting both fists), this includes double/triple/zansion attacks as well.
    5. The result is a much lower 'relic proc' rate than any other relic weapon, lowering total damage dealt by the player.
    (0)
    Last edited by Laron; 03-10-2011 at 09:47 AM.

Character
    Cablemonkey
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I am confirming Laron's report as he stated it.

My details are as follows:

Platform: Windows
    ISP: AT&T
    Type of Internet Connection: DSL
    Internet Connection Speed: 6Mbit/s
    Date & Time: N/A
    Frequency: Always
    Character Name: Cablemonkey
    Race: Hume M
    World: Cerberus
    Main Job: Monk 90
    Support Job: Ninja 45
    Area and Coordinates: any
    Party or Solo: Solo, Party, and Alliance
    NPC Name: None
    Monster Name: any
    Steps:
    1. Engage and attack any monster
    2. Note that the 3x damage will only occur occasionally on the first hit per round of attacks.
    (0)

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    It's not a bug.

It's to keep it fair with Dual wield relics.

For example, Kikoku.

You can't wield 2 Kikoku, so Spharai being able to proc x2 isn't going to make sense when no other weapon can.

Now if other relics can proc on double/triple attack and Spharai can't, that's an issue, but being unable to proc on offhand more likely is how it was designed and not a bug.
    (0)

Character
    Cablemonkey
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cream_Soda View Post
    You can't wield 2 Kikoku, so Spharai being able to proc x2 isn't going to make sense when no other weapon can.
    I can agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cream_Soda View Post
    Now if other relics can proc on double/triple attack and Spharai can't, that's an issue.
    I have never seen it proc on any hit other than the first attack, so something might be in error.
    (0)

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I don't personally have a relic, so idk if it works like that for the other relics as well or only Spharai, but if it does work for other weps, then a da/ta proc on the main hand of spharai should be able to work.
    (0)

Character
    Kyouta
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I've had friends confirm getting relic procs on double/triple attacks with Gungnir, Apocalypse, and Mandau, so im sure the rest can also get procs, leaving Spharai as the only relic that cant. As much as I'd love to have relic procs on off-hand swings I agree with what was mentioned about balancing them with dual-wield relics (though I still think it'd be fine too....lol), but not being able to proc on main hand double/triple attacks while every other relic can is just wrong @.@
    (0)

Character
    Kirschy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I can confirm the "relic proc" on Apocalypse can only proc on the first hit of an attack round. Double Attack/Triple Attacks can not proc. It's fairly balanced. (I've had confirmation from other relic holders that only the first hit of an attack round can proc too.)
    (0)

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Kirschy has posted nothing else needs to be done.
    (0)

Character
    Kiine
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 90
    I'll agree with this as well. Damage when using Spharai has always felt low, and RelicProcs have been very rare. Certainly, a RelicProc has only happened with left hand. Also, could you not theoretically use a Kikoku(90) and Kikoku(85)?
    (0)
    Monk, yo.

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiine View Post
    I'll agree with this as well. Damage when using Spharai has always felt low, and RelicProcs have been very rare. Certainly, a RelicProc has only happened with left hand. Also, could you not theoretically use a Kikoku(90) and Kikoku(85)?
    No, you couldn't. rare/ex restrictions are based on item name, not the stats or anything else on the weapon.

You cannot own two items named Kikoku, regardless of stat or level difference.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast