Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Player

FINAL FANTASY XI Job Adjustments Manifesto [Blue Mage]

Example Adjustments
    Adding new blue magic spells
    Additional HNM moves for the blue mage to learn.

Kinda vague but if you were into more specifics you might give away what spells we'd learn.

Protect/Shellra blue spell would be quite amazing for one!

I'd love an evasion boost spell (Sigh maybe from tonberries?), as is Blue Mage's native evasion skill is rather low, and having this would be wonderful. We have feather barrier but that is at a 25% uptime, and is (only) +20 evasion. This is probably one of the most useless blue mage spells right now...

A Phalanx blue mage spell would be better than anything else I could think of right now. Having no native enhancing makes Phalanx from /rdm fairly weak. I love that Blue mage can do so many things, and with Cocoon/ a good PDT set/ self heals/ controlled damage bursts Blue mage can be a good blood tank and a good solo as well. I don't really think Blue Mage would overshadow pld that much either with a self-phalanx, as blue mage doesn't even have a native shield skill.

Other than that, some more damage spells to be up to par at 95,99 would be great, but I'd really like to see multiple high end magical spells next time at once. As it has been for Blue mage magical nukes, we usually only have a good spell or two, and if a HNM is very resistant to one/both of them, we don't stand a chance at being even half as useful as a Blm.

Also, not being on staff magians really hurts our magical damage potential, as the damage bonus from elemental magian staves is amazing. Either letting us use them or compensating for the fact we don't have access to them would be nice.

Also, Blue mage is the last job I would think would have a Cure V equivalent at this point in the game seeing as not even Rdm,Sch has one yet (even though they're way behind as healers without it), I think a very strong self heal would be nice for Blue mage solo (Restoral!!!). P-embrace is nice and all but maybe more MP efficient next time!
    (0)

Character
    Kingofswords
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I do wish enhancments would last longer. (composure style)

90+ spells are going to HNM spells that will be off the chain dmg but hard to get.

Agree about magian staffs. But for personal use, I wouldn't trade my swords for anything.

Sub SCH, use Light Arts, equip light staff and see what happens to Embrace/Magic fruit. It's not VI but it beats IV.

I don't have much I would add to BLU. It's one of the only jobs I think square has right. That's why I didn't create this thread. To make sure I'm contributing and not just commenting, I'd like to see Chain Affinity and Burst Affinity work more like Light Arts / Darks Arts as an allways up alternating pair.

-- Edit --
    Oh, and a Sword WS we could darkness sc would be nice. I know about the Nyzul WS but until they add real info to Wiki or make it easier, getting off floor 1 is impossible.
    (2)
    Last edited by Inafking; 07-16-2011 at 02:32 AM.
    The Original Blue Mage

Character
    Kwate
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    Basically stated the obvious, would have liked to see us get at least 1 more JA. But I am very much looking forward to some enhancing spells.
    (0)

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I would like to see a job trait at 99 that reduces all spells by one blu magic point.
    (2)

Character
    Raxiaz
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 96
    That'd be pretty lulzy, xbobx... lol.

I'd like an Aquaveil type of enhancement spell... and a more worthy Evasion+ spell, lol... A Pro/Shell type spell (ahem like Mighty Guard) would be *awesome* but I won't keep my hopes up, y'know...

I'd like to see high-level nukes for all elements, too... on the magical side... but other than that, I think BLU is pretty legit.
    (0)

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    lmost every job update we get is adding new blu spells. Not being mean but should really be used to this by now. Though really happy with the change to Azure lore so I feel blu is at a good place. Also considering what some of the other jobs got blu looking real good lol.
    (0)

Character
    Kwate
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    You want to see a crappy roadmap see DRK, so I guess we're pretty well off. I was less than enthusiastic to see Behemoths thunderbolt in the .dat mine when we just received CW, not sure what SE is thinking on this.
    (1)

Character
    Kasandaro
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwate View Post
    You want to see a crappy roadmap see DRK, so I guess we're pretty well off. I was less than enthusiastic to see Behemoths thunderbolt in the .dat mine when we just received CW, not sure what SE is thinking on this.
    I dunno, depending how fast it recasts and if it still has the stun, I'm seeing a Whirl of Rage replacement/supplement when CW farming, since it shares lightning.

Really need to see what the spells are before we can make a decision. As opposed to some of the other classes, which are already screaming.
    (0)

Character
    Covenant
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    On bluemages Manifesto...

...no mention of my "Shimmer" idea. Which is when a BLU stacks a family-type range of spells, a BLU effectively becomes a specific-type of mob family. The BLU gains a "shimmer"(manually turned /on & /off via configuration) that visually shows the blue affinity. Blue affinity SHOULD other than give "killer effect" decrease all moves against said BLU.

BLU have a lot of spells...I'm overwhelmed sorting and setting them. Can SE or someone on WIKI sort them via effects and strength? 30 sec Durations are kinda underwhelming but no different than other jobs.

As far as a BLU "composure" I don't think BLU really understand what they're asking for. Increasing recast timers can really hurt a blu spamming physical spells, especially Headbutt.

I wouldnt know how to incoporate this in game, but wouldn't it be cool if through some sort of mechanic a BLU looks like a "soulflayer"? Maybe if a BLU cast x amount of MP in a minute period, they gain a +MaB at the expensive of increased MP? Think the BLU AF quest.
    (1)

Character
    Kwate
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    The way I see it, a Composure JA would actually fall inline. We have JA for physical and magical spells ie. CA, EFF, BA, but nothing for our enhancing spells. Also doesn't Composure only affect enhancing spells as far as recast goes? Correct me if I'm wrong.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kwate; 07-20-2011 at 04:24 AM.

Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast