Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Raxiaz
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 96
    I would like to hope that HNM spells are relatively higher in % to learn than regular mob spells...

...but that's just wishful thinking... knowing SE, they'll make the learn rate like 5% or some crap.
    (0)

Character
    Habiki
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Hopefully the HNM spells aren't watered down to the extent of being useless to set. I'm guessing thunderbolt will be poor dmg, no stun effect, outside abyssea with smaller range then behemoths version, inside we might be able to push the damage higher due to atmas.

I'd like to see more JA's perhaps one that makes our magic damage good on its own without use of atma, or one that makes physical magic useful to cast on anything with high defense. We are basically the best job at killing to weak mobs outside abyssea, and the worst job to bring to HNMs or anything of that caliber defense wise, even with all the atmas in abyssea our physical spell dmg is poor on enemys like Orthrus. I'm glad we're getting new HNM spells to play with, just wish we could be useful against such mobs as well.
    (0)

Character
    Kwate
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    I agree, for it to be classified as an HNM spell, I think we have the right to expect a little more from it. These are the spells used from the most powerful beings in Vana'diel, I expect these spells to stand out some.
    (0)

Character
    Toukai
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Spike flail would be fun... Would suck if only races with a tail could use it. My poor Elvaan T-T

But if anything I'm expecting them to gimp the Hnm spells a lot. Unless the Mp cost is really high and the damage mods are sick we might as well stick to our current spells, Charged whisker is pretty sweet in Abyssea if ur settin up to cleave. I just really hope their not too expensive to set, if each is 5 points then they'd better be worth it. And make some good JTs with them too.
    (0)
    Drg for life.

Character
    Covenant
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    Having farmed peiste I can't believe people haven't asked for "Grim Glower". What is it 30sec of non-stop petrification.

As far as blu Job traits, rather than just adding traits I'd like to be able to get next tier of all existing traits. Also, the autoregen and autorefresh traits should get an additional +2~3 pts/tic based on how many spells added. Auto refresh really needs to be reworked from it's over complicated formula. Why is it the only blu job trait requiring such a ridiculous formula? Granted at lower lvls was fair but we're approaching lvl 99 and have a refresh spell now. Just like any other trait should only require 2 spells to start.

Each additional set of 2spells should boost all traits an additional tier much like them"clear mind" formula.
    (0)

Character
    Toukai
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I think just one more level of Auto refresh is all we'd get, I mean Smn (although the black sheep of ffxi) only just got auto refresh II @ 90, and Pld still only has auto refresh 1. Poor drk still has none and requires an item slot but bale fixed that.
    They did sort of fix it, instead of 4-5 spells we only need two now. 2 Rather decent spells at that, winds of promy i keep on at all times and the 2nd spell varies. we've got a few 4 pointers now. If anything i hope they change the formula so its like 12 refresh points of spells gives autorefresh II. But I will admit there isn't much of a use for stinking gas or frightful roar. I'm not sure if frightfuls debuff stacks with Benthic Typhoons debuff...

And not all Jobtraits should be given next tiers, Doesn't war only have 1 tier of Double attack? I would like to see higher M.atk bonus traits though for the magical blue spells
    (0)
    Last edited by Toukai; 07-20-2011 at 10:21 PM.
    Drg for life.

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    You only needed 2 spells to set auto refresh for a long time not just recently. Unless just recently took blu from 60 to 90. If you mean spells you didn't have to had sea for then yea I can see that.
    (0)

Character
    Toukai
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Yeah i didn't have sea for the longest, when i came back from an extended break i solod basically all of CoP and made sure to get my spells quick.
    (0)
    Drg for life.

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I see toulai you were just late to the party, better late then never.
    (0)

Character
    Covenant
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    Yeah I've dusted off my blue and I'm currently spell farming. At lvl 83, blue point spells even with merits are tight. I'm viewing my suggestion from lvl 1-99. Not just those who have everything unlocked. I'm currently at the first auto refresh with like 12 blue pts. I've yet to get battery charge so no refresh for me.

If SquareEnix think a +1 or +2 mp/tic will unbalance the game at this level I feel sorry for them. This will not save a player from a mob nor when mp runs out. Not to mention that elemental blue spells are so very expensive to cast. Auto refresh works nicely for things like a headbutt or sprout smack with very low mp cost, but anying over 50mp and that refresh fails.

What's even more bizarre if you think about it is the "Clear Mind" traits. Why does SE think bluemages are gonna be resting all over the place, needed 4 tiers of this? Yes, most of the spells useful anyway, but seriously...
    (0)

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast